Vada pav is a vegetarian snack. It has its origins in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Vada pav is cheap and delicious. It is a street food in most Indian Cuisine.
Cooking vada pav
Peel and mash the potatoes
- Potatoes 8 – 10 numbers.
- Garlic paste 2 tablespoon
- Ginger paste 1 tablespoon
- Black mustard seeds ½ tablespoon
- Turmeric powder ½ tablespoon
- Curry leaves 6 – 7 numbers
- Bengal gram flour 2 cups
- Pav buns 6 number
- Sunflower oil for cooking
- Coriander chutney 1 cup
- Shengdaana lehsun chutney ½ cup
- Tamarind chutney 1 cup
Method of preparation
- Mix gram flour with sufficient amount of water and salt to make a thick smooth paste. Keep separate.
- Mix garlic and ginger paste and put in green chillies. Mash them in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Mix the formed paste with the mashed potatoes. Salt is then added for seasoning
- Take a pan. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium flame. Add curry leaves, turmeric powder and mustard seeds. Fry until seeds cease to splutter.
- Add this to the potato. Mix well.
- Carve up the potato mix into a ball, little smaller than a tennis ball. Smoothen the ball by slightly greasing palms.
- Heat the deep frying oil in medium flame
- Dip one potato ball at a time into the gram flour batter to coat well. Deep fry in hot oil until golden. Drain the ball on paper towels.
- Take 1 pav bun. Make an incision in half and put a spoonful of shengdaana lehsun chutney, mint-coriander chutney and tamarind chutney.
- Put a potato ball on the bun and fold over. Press the arrangement gently.
- Serve when potato ball remains hot