"Buddham Sharanam Gachaami, Dhammam Sharanam Gachaami, Sangham Sharanam Gachaami"
In the Mahaparinirvana sutra, the Buddha instructs his followers to go to a pilgrimage to Lumbini, Bodhgaya, Sarnath and Kushinagar for attaining merit and noble birth. Buddhism originated in India and the religion was against all forms of austerity. It was in favor of building Stupas, Chaityas and Viharas. You can be a part of the Mahaparinirvana Express and witness the path to enlightenment.
Tour Itinerary for Buddhist Special:
- Day I– Departure from Delhi (Delhi Safdarjung Station in the afternoon) for Gaya.
- Day II- Arrive at Gaya in the morning. Visit Bodhgaya. Over night stay at the hotel.
- Day III- Visit Rajgir & Nalanda. Leave for Varanasi in the evening.
- Day IV- Arrive Varanasi in the morning. Visit Sarnath. Visit the Ganges for the evening Aarti. In the evening, leave for Gorakhpur.
- Day V- Arrive Gorakhpur in the morning. Visit Kushinagar. Overnight stay at hotel.
- Day VI– Visit Lumbini. Return to Gorakhpur. Departure for Gonda.
- Day VII- Arrive Gonda in the morning. Visit Sravasti. Departure from Gonda for Agra in the evening.
- Day VIII- Arrive Agra in the morning. Visit the world famous Taj Mahal. Departure for Delhi in the afternoon. Arrive at Delhi (Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station) in the evening.
Hotel Single Occupancy:
- There will be only 2 passengers sharing a cabin during the train journey in the First AC Coupe.
- Tour costs mentioned above are calculated on per person per night on double sharing basis. Half fare for children between 5 and 12 years of age will be extra with bed in the same room.
- The above rates are subject to change on the basis of currency fluctuation. This is only a brief idea about the rates and not an exact one.
Passengers who do not wish to share the room with anyone else should choose the Single Occupancy option at the time of booking by paying additional amount of US$ 50 per night or US$ 200 for the entire tour.
Passenger’s ticket cancellation on the Buddhist Train may be done as per the following terms & conditions:
No refund or adjustment will be made in the event of interruption of journey by a tourist on account of his own after the commencement of the tour.
Package price Includes:-
Package price does not Include:-
- Meals as per the itinerary
- English / Hindi speaking Tour Escort
- Journey by Exclusive Air-conditioned Train as per the Itinerary
- Road transport by AC coaches as per the itinerary
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- Accommodation in comfortable Hotels
- Entrance fees of monuments/sightseeing trips as per the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
Weather, Time, Currency:-
- Road Transfers to and from Delhi-Safdarjung Railway Station
- Hotel stay in Delhi before & after the trip, etc
- Any other services not mentioned in ‘Package Price Includes
- India and Nepal visa fees
- Items of personal nature, e.g. Laundry, Medicine, Alcoholic drinks etc
India is tropical country. Weather conditions are different vary from one month to another. It is advisable to carry clothes suitable to a tropical climate and medium & heavy woolen during winter time.
Time difference – India follows + 05:30hrs (GMT)
Currency - US$ 1 = INR 43 (approx)
- No. of days before commencement of Trip
- Total Deductions
- 22 and above5% of package cost
- 21 to 8 10% of package cost
- 7 and Less 100% of package cost
- The accommodation booked under this ticket is not transferable.
- The voucher along with the photo identity card should be carried by the passenger for verification.
- The exact train timings are subject to minor modifications. So, passengers who are traveling are advised to reconfirm the timings with IRCTC, corporate office before the commencement of their journey.
- On demand from ticket checking staff the passenger has to produce the voucher along with the above mentioned photo identity card.
- All Foreign Tourists other than Indian Passport Holders must have valid Multiple Entry Indian visa for visiting Nepal during the tour. Please note that it is absolutely mandatory.
- All Foreign Tourists other than Indian Passport Holders must have a valid Nepal visa. In case foreign tourists are unable to process their Nepal visa before joining the tour, IRCTC will facilitate visa processing at the entry post. Such passengers should carry 2 passport size photographs with them along with the documents which they need to procure at that time.
- Indian Nationals must carry a government issued photo identity card (passport, driving license, PAN card etc.) for Nepal visit.
- IRCTC reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the announced trips / tours due to insufficient number of passengers on the tour / lack of hotel room’s availability / lack of any of the tour services availability or any other operational reason. Such cases of cancellations or postponements of tours/ trips shall be informed to the booked passengers at a minimum period of 15 days before the scheduled departure date from Delhi Safdarjung railway station except for situations outside control of IRCTC. This information shall be given on the contact details given by the passengers in their booking forms. It is advised that passengers should go through this form minutely to get him acquainted to the procedures. In such cases, already booked passengers would be given an option of either traveling on the other succeeding announced trips / tours of the Mahaparinirvan Express or claiming refund of the full tour price without interest from IRCTC.
- IRCTC reserves the right to refuse booking or travel of any passenger without assigning any reason to the passengers and the like.