Tala is a village located near the Bandhavgarh National Park entrance and the closest town of Umaria is 32 kms away. Most of the resorts are located in and around Tala. Because of tourism Tala has shops catering to the basic requirements of tourists like bottled water, telecommunications etc. There is even a liquor store and a petrol pump. For the adventurous there are small roadside eating joints. The government-run White Tiger lodge also caters to walk-in clients at its restaurant. Most of the resorts will be able to take care of their clients' basic requirements, on an Indian Wildlife tour of Bandhavgarh National Park.
How to Reach Bandhavgarh National Park by Air - Khajuraho and Jabalpur are the nearest airports.
How to Reach Bandhavgarh National Park by Road - Approx 6 hrs drive from Khajuraho (280 kms), between 3 and 4 hours from Jabalpur (170 kms), 7 hrs from Kanha (240 kms), Katni 2.5 hrs drive (95 kms), Satna 3.5 hrs drive (112 kms).
|India Wildlife Holidays|
|Conservation History||Bandhavgarh Fort|
|Wildlife in Bandhavgarh||Flora in Bandhavgarh|
|Fauna in Bandhavgarh||Birds in Bandhavgarh|
|How to Reach Bandhavgarh||Transport in Bandhavgarh|
|Climate in Bandhavgarh||Bandhavgarh Tours|
|In the Footsteps of the Tiger||India and Nepal Wildlife Safari|
|Land of the Tiger||Temple and Tiger Tour|
|Indian Tiger Tour||Bandhavgarh Picture Gallery|
|Camp Mewar||Taj Mahua Kothi|
|Nature Heritage Resort||Tiger Den|
|Tiger Trails||Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge|
|Maharaja's Royal Retreat||Royal Tiger Resort|
|White Tiger Lodge||Anantvan Wildlife Resort|
|Mogli Jungle Resort||Jungle Mantra|
|More Wildlife Tour Packages|
- Kalinga Utkal Express (Train No 18478 Dn) leaves Hazrat Nizamuddin at 1205 hrs and reaches Umaria next day at 0526 hrs. From here it is a 30-40 minute drive to Bandhavgarh. For the return journey the same train leaves at 2050 hrs from Umaria, and reaches Hazrat Nizamuddin at 1405 hrs, the next day.
- Gondwana Express ( Train No 12410) leaves Hazrat Nizamuddin at 1525 hrs and reaches Katni at 0350 hrs, the next day. From here it is a 2.5 hrs drive to Tala / Bandhavgarh.
- Kalinga Utkal Express which starts from New Delhi passes through Agra and this train can be boarded from here at 1600 hrs. This train reaches Umaria at 0630 hrs the next day, where one has to disembark. From here it is a 30-40 minute drive to Tala / Bandhavgarh.From Varanasi
- Mahanagri Express (Train No 1093) leaves Mumbai CST at 2355 hrs and reaches Katni at 1755 hrs. The same train in the return leaves Katni at 19.40 hrs and reaches Mumbai CST at 14.25 hrs the next day.
- Lokmanya Tilak Patna Express (Train No 3202) leaves Lokmanya Tilak at 2210 hrs and reaches Katni at 1740 hrs. On the return the train (No 3201) reaches Katni at 14.20 hrs and reaches Lokmanya Tilak at 11.30 hrs the next day.
- Howrah Indore Shipra Express (Train No 9306) leaves Howrah at 1515 hrs and reaches Satna at 1015 hrs or Katni at 1200 hrs. On return it leaves Katni at 1020 hrs and Satna at 1200 hrs, and reaches Howrah at 0640 hrs the next day.
- Howrah Mumbai Mail (Train No 2321) leaves Howrah at 2200 hrs and reaches Katni at 16.10 hrs. On the return (Train No 2322) leaves Katni at 1500 hrs and reaches Howrah at 1125 hrs.
- Howrah Jabalpur Shaktipunj Express (Train No 1448) leaves Howrah at 14.30 hrs and reaches Katni at 16.10 hrs, the next day.
Indian Holiday offers Indian Wildlife Tours to Bandhavgarh National Park. To book a tour or for more information, please enter your query in the form below.