Kashmir Tourist Attractions
Introduction to Tourist Attraction in Kashmir:
Situated on a hillock, beside the River Tawi, Jammu is the crown of India. As a melting pot for various cultures, Jammu and Kashmir is also a hot tourist's attraction for Indians and Foreigners alike. People visit this Heaven on Earth as Pilgrim tour, Archeological Excursion and also Nature Lover. A happy combination of crystalline lakes, bold mountains and meandering valleys, Jammu is also a home to various temples and Mosques that are held in high esteem by the archeologists and pilgrims alike. Foreign invasion and their historical remnants are indicative of the rich cultural influences that Jammu and Kashmir had been subject to. The main places of tourist attraction in Jammu and Kashmir are divided into the following; Religious Places, Historical Places and Monuments, Places Blessed with Scenic Beauty.
Religious Places of Tourist Attraction in Kashmir:
- Vaishno Devi Temple with Mother Goddess Vaishno Devi is the principle attraction for the pilgrims. Supposed to be endowed with supernatural powers this Goddess relieves pains and pangs of different sorts like infertility, forthcoming accident, joblessness, antagonism with husband and in-laws, marriage problems, physical disorders and numerous others. The mother goddess relieves her children from all their sorrows and anxiety and blesses them with a new lease of life.
- Ranabireshwar Temple constructed by the erstwhile Dogra Rulers is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Here the large Shiva Lingam has been brought from Narmada Valley.
- Panchbakhter Temple is a paradise for the Shaivites.
- Purmandal located 40 kilometers from Jammu city is located on the banks of River Devika holds festivals like Shivaratri and Chaitra Chaudashi.
- Nagbani is another place of attraction, erstwhile Nag raja Temple that has been converted to Agricultural School Collegiate School.
Historical Places and Monuments :
- Gurudwara Sh Guru Nanak Devji consists of Guru Nanak's gigantic statue, composed of white marble.
- Samadhi Maharani Chand Kour had been the wife of Maharaja Ranjit Singh and sat in throne after his death. It is her grave that draws numerous tourists here.
- Chichi Mata heralds your visit to Vaishno Devi Temple.
- Surinsar and Mansar Lake consisting of small islands in their middle is of primary importance for the tourists. Boating tours are arranged on request here.
- Jhajjar Kotli is an attractive place for picnic with family, consisting of cafè, canyon and centers of recreation hemmed with trees and lakes.
- Bagh e Bahulocated near a hillock near Tawi River, garlanded with artificial lakes, flower beds and fountains is a perfect haven for nature lovers.
- JhiriCommemorates the martyrdom of Baba Jitto.