Kasargod is the northernmost district of Kerala, nestled on the sea coast with the Western Ghats to its east. You can enjoy fascinating trips on the backwaters of Kasargod to the charming Chandragiri and the vivacious Valiyaparamba. While Chandragiri is known for the chain of forts, the latter provides amazing views of the backwaters. Come on a Kasargod Tour, and you will have a memorable experience in this famous backwater destination of Kerala
Tourist Attractions in Kasargod
Following are some of the famous tourist attractions in Kasargod, which you can explore while on a Kasargod Tour -
- Chandragiri: Well-known for the large 17th century Chandragiri Fort, Chandragiri offers a stunning view of the Chandragiri River and the Arabian Sea. You can also visit the mosque that lies nearby.
- Bekal Fort: This is the largest and best-preserved fort in Kerala. Perched atop a hill, it provides a bird's eye view of the surrounding landscape.
- Valiyaparamba: Arguably the most picturesque backwater stretch in Kerala, Valiyaparamba is fed by four rivers and is adorned with a pleasant little island.
- Kappil beach: The wide beaches and calm waters here are brilliant spots for relaxation and rejuvenation. The Kodi Cliff near the beach offers a spectacular view of the Arabian Sea.
- Manjakkudam Festival: This seven-day festival in the Malayalam month of Kumbham/Meenam (March) is celebrated in the temple dedicated to Goddess Bhagavathy.
How to reach Kasargod
You can come for a Kasargod Tour, using the following means of transport -
- By air: The nearest airport is at Mangalore (80 km). The nearest international airport is the Calicut International Airport (200 km).
- By rail: Kasargod has its own railway station, which connects to several important towns in Kerala and also of the country.
- By road: Kasargod is well-connected by a vast network of roads to several tourist centers in Kerala. You can avail of buses operated by private and state operators that link you to all parts of the state.
If you are about to travel to Kasargod in the near future, Indian Holiday can help you plan your trip. For a Kasargod Tour, just get in touch with us for the tour booking, tour packages and more travel information. Moreover, we offer prices that are among the best you can come across during your travel to India.
Indianholiday.com can help you plan your Kerala tour. Find all you want to know about Kasargod Tour and our customized tour packages. For further information, please enter your query in the given form.