Shivpuri in Madhya Pradesh was earlier known to be the capital of Scindia clan of Gwalior in the summer. Also filled with thick forests, this place was once filled with diverse flora and fauna.
Tour to Madhya Pradesh receives a natural splendor with the tour to Shivpuri. You will find a sanctuary for wildlife and fauna in Shivpuri.
Tourist Attractions in Shivpuri
- Madhav National Park has varieties of birds and other animals like chinkara, Indian gazelle, chital, nilgai, sambar, chausingha, blackbuck, sloth bear, leopard and common langur .
- There are a number of marble chhatries or cenotaphs, which were built by Scindia dynasty in a Mughal Garden.
- You will come across chhatros of Madhav Rao Scindia and Queen Maharani Sakhya Raje Scindia.
- In Madhav Vilas Palace, the architectural perfection of the marble floors, terraces and a Ganapati Mandap, will enchant you.
- George Castle in Madhav National Park, was constructed by Jiwaji Rao Scindia. It offers a panoramic view of Sakhya Sagar Lake.
- You can go for rides on Sakhya Lake offering view of the Vindhyachal hills
How to Reach Shivpuri
- Fly to Gwalior from Delhi, Bhopal, Indore or Mumbai.
- You can reach Jhansi or Gwalior railway station from Delhi, Mumbai or Chennai
- Opt for reaching Gwalior from Indore, Bhopal, Jhansi, and Ujjain
Indianholiday.com leads you to the tours in India. indianholiday.com also offers you online booking for Madhya Pradesh Tour including Tours to Shivpuri. To book the tour or for more information, please fill up the given online form.