One of India's most famous hill stations and a popular honeymoon destination of Tamil Nadu, Ooty or Udhagamandalam, is one of the most sought after destinations to visit during a trip to Tamil Nadu in India. Loved equally by honeymooners as well as young college students on excursions, the natural beauty of this beautiful hill station makes a tour to Ooty a must-have in your tour itinerary to Tamil Nadu.
A tour to Ooty will throw up a good number of attractions for every tourist. Some of the major attractions to visit during an Ooty tour include:
- Botanical Gardens: One of the most attractive features of Ooty, the Botanical Gardens are a must-visit while on a tour to Ooty.
- Ooty Lake: If you have a love for boating or fishing then the Ooty Lake is just the perfect place for you.
- Dodabetta Peak: Standing at an altitude of 2,623 meters, this is the highest peak in the district as well as the most important tourist attraction of Ooty.
- Lamb's Rock: A perfect spot for lovers of photography, this point is located about 9 km away from the main city of Ooty.
- Kodanadu's View Point: Located about 16 km from Kotagiri, Kodanadu's View Point presents one of the most spectacular views of Ooty.
How To Reach
- By Air: The airport nearest to Ooty is at Coimbatore that is at a distance of just 88 km from Ooty. Coimbatore is linked to Bangalore, Cochin and Chennai.
- By Rail: Located just about 2 kms from the city center, the Ooty Railway Station is well connected to the rest of India. Besides, a toy train connects Ooty to Mettupalayam and Coonoor.
- By Road: A number of important highways connect Ooty with several of her neighboring cities.