Baga beach Goa is located at a westward distance of about 8 km from Mapusa. Goa Baga beach is actually an extension of Calangute beach North of Panaji. This beach along the Arabian Sea lies between Calangute and Anjuna beaches. Baga beach about 15 km from Panaji is named after Baga River which flows through this area.
Kamali is the nearest railway station near Baga beach. Regular bus service from Panaji to Mapusa is availed regularly be tourists. Baga also is approachable by cabs, cars and two wheelers from Panaji, Dabolim (airport in Goa) and Mapusa.
- Water Activities in Baga Beach: Parasailing, Jet Ski, Banana riding, Bodyboarding, Speed boat rides, Wakeboarding and Bumper ride
- Best time to visit Baga Beach: October till March (19°c - 32°c)
- Things to Carry: Cotton clothesMoisturizers, Sunscreen, Sunglasses , Comfortable swimwear, Fanny pack
- Entry Fee: No Entry Fee
- Places to Stay near Baga Beach:, Fiesta Resort, Nimbus Baga Beach Resort and Paparazzi Resort etc.
- Places to visit near Baga Beach: Baga Beach Resort, Fiesta Resort, Nimbus Baga Beach Resort and Paparazzi Resort etc.
- Shopping at Baga Beach: Arpora Saturday Night Flea Market and Mackie's Night Bazaar
- Nearest Airport: Dabolim airport (42.1 km)
- Nearest Railway Station: Vasco Da Gama Railway Station ( 42 km)
Accommodation at Baga beach
Tourists visiting Goa Baga beach can choose from luxury resorts to rented houses. La Calypso Paradiso Getaway Resort, La Baga Beach Resort, Colonia Santa Maria, and Cavala Resort are some of the hotels in Baga beach. Travelers can also put up in Riverside Guest House or other guest houses near the beach. Tourists planning to stay for extended periods can also rent houses.
Baga beach attractions
Baga beach in Goa is the perfect place for spending a tranquil vacation. The serenity of this wooded headland coupled with its scenic beauty in itself an attraction of Baga beach. Candlelight dinners or beach parties are attractions of this place. Tourists can enjoy traditional Goan cuisine at beachside shacks, roof top restaurants, or coffee cafes.
Baga Retreat House or Casa de Retiros dedicated to St. Francis Xavier is situated on Baga hilltop which offers a splendid view of the surrounding areas.
Activities in Baga beach
Water sports, fishing, and dolphin watching are the main activities for tourists traveling to Baga beach for a Indian holiday.