- Fresh Fish (such as Pompfret, Rohu, Hilsa, King Fish
- Grated Coconut
- Basmati rice
- Cashew nuts
Recipe for Fish curry:
- Fresh Fish (such as Pompfret, Rohu, Hilsa, King Fish, etc)
- Turmeric powder - quarter tsp
- Red Chilly Powder - quarter tsp
- Fresh Grated Coconut - one cup
- Onion - one (finely grated)
- Dried coriander seeds - 1 tsp
- Sunflower Oil - 1 tsp
- Pepper - quarter tsp
- Salt - to taste
Method for preparing fish curry:
- First, you need to clean the fish thoroughly, wash it and then marinate it by applying red chilly powder, turmeric powder, and salt and then keep it aside.
- Now mix the following ingredients in a small bowl; finely grind coconut, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, tamarind juice, finely grated onion, coriander seeds, and pepper.
- Next pour oil in a karahi or deep frying vessel and add the finely chopped onion. Sauté till golden yellow in color and then add the marinated fish and cook it for 2 minutes. Now add the ground coconut mixture to the cooked fish.
- After this, add a little water. Now stir slowly to make thick gravy.
- Add salt to taste.
- Remove from fire when curry is done.
Serving suggestion: Serve with a plateful of freshly cooked rice.
Recipe for Rice:
- Basmati rice-500 gm
- Water 400-480 ml
- Salt-1 tsp
- Oil -3 tbsp
- Cashew nuts chopped -half cup
- Bay leaves-2 or 3
- At first, wash and soak the rice in water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the rice and keep aside.
- Boil water in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Wait until the water starts boiling.
- Now add rice.
- Cover the pan tightly, reduce heat and simmer without stirring until the rice is fluffy and tender and the water is fully absorbed.
Serving suggestion: you can add fried cashew nuts and bay leaves to the cooked rice for an added flavor.