Kachi biryani is a non-vegetarian recipe with rice and chicken as the main ingredients. This rice meal is prepared easily, takes less time to prepare, and is delicious.
The ingredients of kachi biryani include:
- 1 kg fine long grained rice
- 1 kg chicken cut into 8/10 pieces
- 400 gm sliced onion
- 200 gm of tomatoes cut into pieces
- 200 gm of curd
- 100 gm cooking oil
- 2 lemons
- 1 ½ tbsp of garlic-ginger paste
- 2 tsp of whole garam masala
- 1 tsp of garam masala powdered
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of red chili powder
- Mint and coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
Preparing Kachi biryani
Kachi biryani is prepared in the following process:
- Marinate the chicken pieces with curd, garlic-ginger paste, garam masala powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, mint and coriander leaves, and salt for about 4 hours;
- Fry onions in a pan till brown and crush them;
- Add fried onion paste, tomatoes, and lemon juice to the chicken pieces; set it aside; Soak rice for half an hour,
- Take a vessel and boil 8 cups of water, then add salt and one lemon juice. After the water starts to boil add soaked rice and boil for a couple of minutes. Drain away the excess water;
- Take a deep vessel greased with oil. Place the marinated chicken pieces and add the oil left after frying the onions.
- To this add the boiled and drained rice, cover the vessel with foil and put it on high flame for about 5 minutes. Thereafter simmer the vessel for another fifteen minutes.
- Remove vessel from flame and keep it covered for another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot accompanied by raita.
- Kachi biryani is easily prepared and housewives prefer to cook this recipe at home.