It is a non-vegetarian dish
A dish suitable for special occasions
Has its origins in Central Asia
One of the more famous Indian food preparations exported throughout the world. Every bite of Mughlai chicken epitomize India's rich culinary history.
• Boneless chicken
• Chicken stock
• Double cream
Mughlai chicken is the preferred dish to be cooked for special occasions. It is deliciously rich and makes a meal worth remembering. Mughlai chicken is a feast truly fit for kings.
Cooking Mughlai chicken
Ingredients for cooking Mughlai chicken
- 1 kilogram boneless chicken with its skin removed
- 2 tablespoon garlic paste
- Chicken stock 1 cup
- Cinnamon stick 1 inch in length
- 2 onions grind to make a paste
- Cardamom 5 pods
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder 1 tablespoon
- 10-15 blanched almonds with skin removed
- Thickened double cream 5-6 tablespoons
- Garlic paste 2 tablespoons
- Ginger paste 1 tablespoon
- Cumin powder 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
Method of preparation
- 1.Crush the almonds to make a fine paste. Keep separately
- 2.Put ghee (clarified butter) in a pan. Heat it.
- 3.Fry onions in the ghee until they become translucent.
- 4.Put in cinnamon, cardamom and garlic paste. Fry the ingredients for a minute
- 5.Add all the other spices-except the garam masala. Fry until the ghee separates from the masala.
- 6.Put in chicken and continue frying until the appearance of the chicken turns opaque
- 7.Put in the chicken stock. Add salt to taste.
- 8.Continue cooking until preparation of chicken is completed.
- 9.Whisk the cream. Ensure that the cream has no lumps.
- 10.Add cream. Then put in almond paste and stir well
- 11.Turn off the gas range or cooking fire. Sprinkle garam masala over chicken. Quickly cover the dish. The dish is ready.
Serve Mughlai chicken with naans or Indian flatbread. The dish can be garnished with flaked almonds. Serve hot.