Ragi mudde is a very popular side dish in Karnataka. It is nutritionally very rich and is suitable for all ages. The low-carbohydrate content makes it a favorite with fitness freak youngsters who want to keep a tab on their calorie intake. Ragi mudde is well suited for diabetics. Simple to make, you can try this authentic Karnataka dish at home.
Ingredients for Ragi mudde:
- Ragi flour: ¾ cup
- Rice flour: 2 tablespoons
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Water: 2 cups
Recipe for Ragi mudde:
- At first, you need to mix rice flour and Ragi flour evenly. Add water and mix well, so that smooth slurry is formed. Pour water in small drops, and whisk vigorously, so that no lumps are formed and the slurry has an even texture.
- Now, add some salt to the other cup of water and bring it to boil.
- Next, turn down the heat and pour the slurry into boiling water.
- Keep stirring until a smooth paste is formed.
- Now, cover the pan and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- After this, set aside the pan to cool.
- Now, remove the contents with a spatula.
- The slurry will now look like soft dough.
- Small grape-like balls have to be rolled out from the soft dough.
Serving suggestion for Ragi mudde: Ragi mudde can be served with avarekkai sambar or soppina huli.