Seekh kabab is one of the most favorite dishes of Indians. It is primarily a non-vegetarian dish and is highly preferred as a result of its incredible taste. Seekh kabab is primarily preferable with parathas and puris.
Ingredients for Making Seekh Kabab
The ingredients are an integral part of the preparation of seekh kababs. Following are main ingredients of making seekh kabab:
- 500 gms lamb mince or keema
- 2 onion or pyaj
- brown color
- 2 tsp carom seeds / thyme or ajwain
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp dried mango powder or amchoor
- 1 tsp garlic or lasun paste
- 2 tblsp rock salt or kala namak
- 1 tblsp raw papaya paste
- 3 tblsp cumin seed or jeera
- 1 tsp ginger or adrak paste
- 1 tblsp dry ginger or saunth
- 2 tblsp cashewnut or kaju
- 1 tsp black pepper or kali mirch
- 2 tsp thick cream or malai
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder or jaiphal
Preparing Seekh Kabab
- The keema is initially washed and put in a filter. It is then pressed in a gentle way so that the water can be squeezed out.
- The various ingredients are then mixed into the keema and then they are kneaded well.
- This mixture is kept aside for sixty minutes.
- Now, a gas or electric oven needs to be heated with skewers.
- A sizable ball of the mixture should be pressed on to the hot skewers. At this the meat would quickly stick to the skewer. This process needs to be repeated for the left over portion and skewers.
- Skewers need to be put in an oven.
- The skewers have to be rotated after few minutes.
- After cooking the kababs have to be separated from the skewers with napkins.
- Kababs have to be shallow fried in a nonstick pan using only 1 tablespoon oil.
- The dish may be sprinkled with a bit of chat masala as well as lemon juice.