Ingredients for Vindaloo:
- Pork cube-1 Kg
- Onion-1 Kg (finely chopped)
- 10 medium sized Green chilies-10 (vertically sliced and deseeded)
- Large Pod of Garlic (peeled)
- Mango -2 inch or,
- Ginger-1 inch (finely minced)
Ingredients for Vindaloo Spices:
- Kashmir Red Chilies-20
- Vinegar-3 tablespoon
- Black pepper corns-1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds-2 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds-2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon-5 cloves
- Ginger-1 inch
- Garlic-1 large size pod
- Turmeric powder-1 teaspoon
- Brown Sugar-1 teaspoon
- Mustard seed-1 tablespoon
- Fenugreek seeds-1 teaspoon
Recipe for Vindaloo:
- Clean the pork.
- Now cut the cleaned pork into ½ inch sized pieces.
- Mix well all the ingredients for Vindaloo spice. Blend the paste with vinegar, adding the ½ tsp sugar.
- Next, marinate the cubed pork with the Vindaloo paste and keep it aside for about three hours.
- Now pour some oil or pork lard in a large wok.
- When the oil heats up, add the chopped onions and fry till golden brown in color.
- Next add garlic and ginger.
- Fry for a few minutes.
- Now, add the marinated pork with all the paste.
- Stir slowly and reduce the heat to a medium level.
- Next, add a cup of water to the pork and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook over a low fire for an hour.
Serving suggestion: Once ready, Vindaloo can be served with a plate of steaming rice.