National Museum of Natural History, New Delhi
The National Museum of Natural History, New Delhi is located on Barakhamba Road. It started on 5th June 1978, coinciding with the World Environment Day.For the last 30 years, the National Museum of Natural History has included a number of galleries and programs
The museum includes school service programs which are provided to schools on request.
Bring your children in this museum and educate them.
The National Museum of Natural History, New Delhi is located on Barakhamba Road. It started on 5th June 1978, coinciding with the World Environment Day. National Museum of Natural History, New Delhi depicts the country's flora, fauna and mineral wealth. This museum is an ideal place to bring your children and educate them and promote environmental awareness among the masses.
For the last 30 years, the National Museum of Natural History has included a number of galleries and programs which include:
- Exhibit Galleries - The exhibit galleries comprise four exhibit galleries- "Introduction of Natural History", "Nature's Network: Ecology", "Conservation" and "Cell: The Basic Unit of Life".
- Educational Activities- These galleries organize a wide variety of educational activities like extension, interpretation, in reach and out-reach programs through out the year.
- Film Shows- The museum also screens a variety of films on conservation, wildlife, ecology and the environment in general at 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM at the Museum Auditorium in third floor
- Summer Program- Teenagers can take part in the month long summer program held by the Museum every year.
- Publications- the NMNH publish worksheets and workbooks for use by children. It also publishes popular literature on environmental related topics.
- Discovery and Activity Rooms- These are two resource facility centers which is specially constructed for children of all ages. They can participate in creative activities, handle and examine specimens, explore nature, develop creative talent and bring a sense of inquiry and scientific outlook in them.
- Conducted Tours- During your visit to the National Museum of Natural History at New Delhi can avail the guided tours of the galleries by trained Educational Assistants on request.
- Temporary Exhibitions- The temporary exhibitions themes on nature and environmental education which used to be organized on the Ground Floor of the museum have been temporarily stopped due to lack of space. However, exhibitions outside the museum are held often
- Program for persons with disabilities- Special programs like 'Touch, Feel and learn' program for children with the use of objects, audio-aids and Braille materials for the disabled are held by the museum
- Teacher Orientation Program- The museum organizes regular training workshops for the school teachers in order to expose schoolteachers to the resource materiel available at the Museum.
- School loan kits- The museum includes school service programs which are provided to schools on request.
The National Museum of Natural History, New Delhi is not only beneficial for the students, but also trains the school teachers understand their work and responsibility.