Mount Kailash and Mansarovar Lake are sacred sites among Hindus and other religions. Every year a large number of devotees from Hinduism, Sikhism, Bon, Jainism, and Buddhism background visit here to seek blessings and soak in the spiritual aura of this tranquil site. It is a paradise for nature lovers, pilgrims, adventure enthusiasts, and peace seekers. There are numerous must-known facts about Kailash Mansarovar, which one should know. These mysterious facts perhaps make it a dream destination for many.
If you are planning a trip to Kailash Mansarovar, then collect information about this holy site which will leave you stunned and make your experience memorable.
- Stairway to Heaven: Located in Tibet, Mount Kailash is believed to be a ‘Stairway to Heaven’. According to Hindu mythology, it is an abode of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. Other religions also considered it sacred due to which it is prohibited to climb this holy peak.
- Sacred for different religions: Kailash mountain is sacred for four religions including Hinduism, Jainism, Bons, and Sikhism.
- Kailash is a Pyramid: The strange shape of Mount Kailash prompted a theory that it is a man-made mountain. As per Russian researchers, Mount Kailash is not a mountain as it is too perfect and symmetrical to be considered a natural occurrence. According to the scientists, it is a man-made vacuum pyramid, which is surrounded by 100s of small pyramids.
- Kailash mountain is unconquerable: With an elevation of just 6,656 m above sea level, Mount Kailash is not the highest mountain in the world yet unclimbable. There were several trekkers who tried to climb Mount Kailash but no one reached the summit. It is believed that climbing this holy peak will defend the gods.
- Unexpected Deaths of the Climbers: There is a certain point beyond which, it is not allowed to visit. Once, Siberian mountaineers visited ahead of that point and they immediately aged above by a few decades. Shockingly, they died of old age a year after.
- Abode of Divinity: Mount Kailash is the physical embodiment of Mount Meru, which is believed to possess the technical expertise of superhuman divine beings.
- Energy Center of Earth: This sacred mountain is considered to be the focal point of the universe. It is considered to be the axis of the universe, the center of the world, and the pillar of the world. It is a place where the earth connects with heaven.
- Aging Accelerates in the vicinity of Mount Kailash: Scientists believed that the process of aging accelerates here. It has been seen that those people who spend almost 12 hours here experience hair and fingernails growth, which is equivalent to two weeks of normal life.
- Kailash Himalayas Satellite View: The satellite view of Mount Kailash shows that the shadow of the Kailash depicts the face of Lord Shiva smiling.
- Mystery of Mount Kailash: The Hindu symbol OM (ॐ) can be seen from the south ridge on Mount Kailash. The huge ice trough and horizontal rock formation from the top of the mountain constitute this symbol.
- Source of Major Rivers: There are four major rivers of Asia that originate from Kailash Mansarovar. Kailash Himalayas and Mansarovar Lake are the sources of the Indus River, Sutlej River, Brahmaputra River, and Karnali River, which forms the major left-bank tributary of the Ganges River.
- Underground Cities in Kailash Range: There are two underground dungeons namely Shambhala and Agartha in the Kailash range area. There are two branches of human civilization.
- Good and Evil Lakes: There are two lakes in the Kailash Himalayas region namely Manasarovar Lake and Rakshastal Lake. There are numerous myths connected to these two lakes. Also, they depict the two sides of human nature, good and evil.
- Nature of the Twin Lakes: Another interesting feature is that Mansarovar Lake is the highest freshwater lake in the world and Rakshas Tal Lake is the saltwater body. Rakshas Tal Lake is devoid of aquatic life and marine life owing to its characteristics.
- Birth Place of Lord Ganesha: Gauri Kund is situated near Mansarovar Lake, which is considered to be the birthplace of Lord Ganesha. It is the place where Goddess Parvati framed Lord Ganesha with the soap lather while bathing.
- Helicopters are Not Allowed above Kailash: The helicopters are not allowed to fly above Mount Kailash.
Kailash Mansarovar Yatra Packages
[Check out some Kailash Mansarovar Yatra Packages]
This holy mountain and the sacred lake are among the most revered pilgrimage sites in the world. However, there are some restrictions associated with this place along with the myths and religious faiths. One has to keep in mind a few things before visiting for the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra that is mentioned in the blog. There are some divine powers in the universe that are beyond description and scientific measures. Few of them are associated with Mount Kailash and makes it an amazing place. You can book your Kailash Yatra with us and make your trip memorable. Contact us for more information and to book a customized tour for an enjoyable experience!
कैलाश मानसरोवर यात्रा 2022 की तैयारी कैसे करें
Kailash Mansarovar Yatra : Holy Journey of a Lifetime
5 Kailash Yatras to Attain Salvation
Travel Tips To Keep In Mind For Kailash Mansarovar Yatra