Offering a high adrenaline rush, water sports can be done during any time of the year. Adventure enthusiasts get altogether a different high by indulging in such activities. While some of such activities require training, many of them, can be done sans any formal learning. If you are up for adventure, here are 10 popular destinations for water sports activities in the world:
Phuket & Koh Samui, Thailand
Phuket and Koh Samui are two gems of the beautiful nation Thailand. Both boasts of crystal clear sea waters. While admiring scenic beauty, one can also indulge in a number of thrilling water activities.
• Jet skiing is truly thrilling. Riding a jet scooter through the thumping waves is an exciting option and can be done without training.
• How about riding the sea waves by doing surf boarding?
• With a number of kite boarding spots, Koh Samui is perfect for this sport.
• If you wish to surf, you can do so from Phuket to Kata Yai. As it is home to some of the world’s best surfing spots.
• Parasailing, scuba diving, snorkeling and also swimming are other interesting option.
Best season: November to March
5 Nights / 6 daysBangkok Pattaya Phuket Tour Package
7 Nights / 8 daysSuperb Krabi with Exciting Koh Samui Tour
6 Nights / 7 daysBangkok Phuket Krabi Package
7 Nights / 8 days
Named among the most popular destinations for water sports in the world and also India, Goa deserves a mention. The beach state of Goa is a wonderful mix of adventure and laid-back, free-spirited environs.
• Partake in activities like Banana boat ride, Jet skiing, fly boarding, wind surfing, knee boarding, speed boat ride and parasailing. While the North Goa beaches has Calangute, Candolim, and Baga, South Goa beaches such as Mobor are well-known.
• Try your hand at kayaking, fishing, dinghy sailing, and scuba diving.
• Also rafting in Mhadei River can also be planned.
Best season: All throughout the year except monsoon season
Port Louis, Mauritius
The stunning island nation of Mauritius boasts of colorful lagoon, pristine beaches, and stunning reefs. Head to the gorgeous Port Louis for indulging different kinds of water sports. The cliffs and rocks do not become a hindrance for adventure lovers, instead enhance the thrill.
• Go deep-sea fishing and explore the colorful exotic marine life of Mauritius.
• Sea kayaking is also going to be of your interest.
• Another highlight here is swimming with the dolphins. Several companies offer this facility.
Beat season: May to October
6 Nights / 7 daysMauritius Honeymoon Package
6 Nights / 7 daysMauritius Tour Package for Family
5 Nights / 6 daysMauritius Tour Package from India
4 Nights / 5 days
The emerald Andaman Islands features among the most exotic destinations in India. When it comes to water ports, Andaman beats all. In fact, it is counted among the best in the world. It is blessed with azure waters, varied marine life, paradise-like beaches, tranquil ambiance, and various other charms.
• Explore the marine world through snorkeling and scuba diving. Here, you can also learn the art of scuba diving at specialized institutes from learned staff members.
• Snake Island, Bala Reef and Corruption Rock are popular sites for diving in Andaman.
• Wind surfing and para sailing are also the famous water sports here.
• You can also rent a sailing boat.
• Partake in water skiing along with learning kayaking at this island destination.
• Other things to do include banana boat ride, swimming, fishing, undersea walking, in addition to glass bottom boat ride.
Best season: All throughout the year except monsoon season
Brisbane is among the most loved destinations in the world along with the best in Australia for water-sports. Owing to glistening sea waters, vast blue skies, and warm sunshine, it is ideal for water sports.
• Surf to your heart’s content here. As, Brisbane ranks among the most popular surfing destinations in Australia
• Also, Scuba diving is perfect to have a rendezvous with the region’s marvelous marine life.
• Also, Paddle boarding is quite famous here.
• Boating, swimming, dolphin spotting and also cruise rides are memorable too.
Best season: January and February
6 Nights / 7 daysTrip to Australia from India
9 Nights / 10 daysAustralian Adventure Down Under
11 Nights / 12 days12 Nights 13 Days Australia Tour Package
12 Nights / 13 days
A group of 36 coral islands in the Arabian Sea, Lakshadweep is placed 400 km off the western coast of Kerala. Lovers of water sports and seclusion seekers visit this emerald-like island destination. Owing to azure water, colorful lagoons, clean sea waters, and rich marine life, it is haven.
• Surfing, Kayaking, canoeing, swimming, water skiing are popular activities here.
• Also explore the underwater world with scuba diving and snorkeling.
• In addition, enjoy dolphin sightings at Dolphin Drive Center.
Best season: All throughout the year except monsoon season.
Lagos & Sagres, Portugal
It seldom happens that if we talk about Portugal, beaches come in our minds. This place is known for its structural wonders, religious site, natural scenery, tasty food, art, culture and other outdoor activities. However, the hidden beach destinations of Lagos and Sagres, let you enjoy all sorts of water-related activities.
• Head to Sagres for stunning beaches and exciting surf spots. You can also enjoy fishing, kite surfing, and body boarding, here.
• Wind surfing is quite popular in Lagos along with Paddle boating, scuba diving, sailing and wakeboard.
• Diving too is exciting.
Best season: June to September
The stunning Mykonos Island in the Aegean Sea is quite a sight if you love serenity and scenery. While ts beaches are known for their beauty they also have other delights. not only for their party-like atmosphere but also for offering opportunities for water-related activities as the waters are slightly calm here.
• One can also partake in scuba diving and snorkeling to explore the underwater marine life.
• Barefoot ski is also quite sought-after.
• Surfing, wind surfing and kite surfing too are quite famous too.
• One can also enjoy jet skiing, banana boat ride, sofa ride, swimming, and water skiing.
• Aols, Paradise beach has a diving school where you can learn at the art of diving.
Best season: May to October
Labelled as the ‘Adventure Capital of India’ and the ‘Yoga Capital of India’, Rishikesh has the challenging River Ganges for water adventure lovers.
Rishikesh is among the most popular river rafting destinations in world. Rafting in Rishikesh is ideal for first timers as well as experienced rafters, there are difficulty levels ranging from Basic to Advanced. Some popular beginning points are Brahmapuri, Shivpuri, Marine Drive and Kaudiyala. Rafting duration are between 2 hours to 6 hours. Cross Fire, Three Blind Mice, Hilton, Black Money and Terminator are some popular rapids here.
Best season: September to mid -November
Surrounded by turquoise Caribbean Sea, Caribbean Islands are known for thrilling water sports. Each of its comprises of 17 dependent territories and 13 sovereign states are ideal for water sports activities.
• If surfing in Caribbean interests you, then Cayman is the place to be for this sport.
• Jet skiing and diving are also popular options.
• In addition, Kayaking, catamaran rides, snorkeling at Cozumel.
• Try Kite surfing at Dominican Republic.
• Paddle boarding, Parasailing, Boating, Banana boat rides, fishing, and Yacht rides can also be done here.
Best season: December to mid-April
Latest posts by Geetika Handa (see all)
- 8 Most Beautiful Lakes in Kerala That You Must Not Miss in 2020 - February 10, 2018
- Top 10 Not To Miss-Out Places in Meghalaya - July 7, 2017
- Let’s Unmask the Most Popular Tourist Attractions in Venice - June 30, 2017