It’s been 2 years now that we have been living the “new normal.” It has been devastating for all of us and the second wave made things even worst- for life as well as traveling. Apart from every other thing, this pandemic has forced every traveler to stay inside.
But not anymore; with the Karnataka government offering relaxation in their stringent rules, we have meticulously designed a list of 5 safe places to visit near Bangalore during Covid.
Although there are still some rules that the travelers will have to follow what’s more important is that they can get back to their normal, starting these 5 destinations.
So, without any further dues, gear up yourself and enjoy a splendid vacation/weekend getaway/ or a weeklong trip to any of these safe destinations near Bangalore during Covid-19.
Check out here list of 5 safe places to visit near Bangalore within Covid
Although there are numerous places to have a great time in and around Bangalore, the alarming situation makes it difficult for people to travel. Rest assured that these are the 5 best places to visit near Bangalore within Covid Lockdown and that if you follow the rules- you will have a great time.
1. Nandi Hills
People planning their trip near Bangalore within 100 km cannot forget the pristine view from the top of Nandi Hills. It is one of the best places to visit for a change of mood and environment. Nandi Hills offers not just a beautiful view but also a refreshing trek to the mountains that break the foggy clouds and take you over them.
The city dwellers have always enjoyed their time here. What makes it even better to visit here is that except for the weekends “Nandi Hills” is comparatively a less crowded place to visit near Bangalore. This beautiful destination also boasts its forts and temples around including the popular Tipu Sultan Fort.
So if you are planning on a relaxing and rejuvenating weekend trip amidst this pandemic then; Nandi Hills can be your safe spot.
- Best time to visit: September to February
- Nearest railhead: Get down at the Chikkaballapur Railway Station which is approximately 9 km away.
- Nearest airport: You can get down at the Kempegowda International Airport which is approximately 58 km away.
- Ideal duration: 1 day (It is currently opened between 8 am and 6 pm
- Best things to do: Cycling, Trekking, Hiking, Paragliding, Relaxing, Enjoying the sunrise, videography, photography
A safe family getaway destination near Bangalore, is that what you are looking for? Then hold it right there! Just under 50 km from Bangalore is the beautiful Ramanagara that is completely safe for you and your loved ones.
This place has been a wonderful destination for people looking for a peaceful time away from the hustle-bustle of cities. This is one of the best places to visit near Bangalore for a weekend trip with family or friends. Ramanagara offers scenic beauty and a lot of places for exploring the diversity of flora.
This is a petit town of Karnataka that offers a relaxing environment and some time away from the chaotic life of the cities you come from. If you take yourself as an avid adventurer Ramanagara would not let you down.
From thrilling activities to visual delight, this town has it all. Encompassing 7-hills locking this town away from others is probably the best way to spend some quality time on a short trip near Bangalore with your family.
[ Choose from our exclusively crafted Karnataka tour packages. ]
- Best time to visit: September to March
- Nearest railhead: The nearest railhead is the Ramnagar railway junction which is only 2 km away from the town.
- Nearest airport: The nearest airport is Kempegowda International Airport which is approximately 58 km away.
- Ideal duration: 3 days
- Best things to do: Exploring, Trekking, Hiking, Relaxing, Nature walk, Bird Watching
Also Read: 20 Places to Visit near Bangalore During the Monsoon Season
A mesmerizing, pristine, and comparatively offbeat hill station of Karnataka- Sakleshpur is one of the best and safe getaway destinations around Bangalore during Covid. With affordable staying options, lesser crowd, numerous tourist destinations, and lip-smacking cuisines to savor; Sakleshpur is a place that gets travelers from across the country.
The spellbinding natural beauty and an array of adventurous sports make it a destination that is good for everyone.
There is more than one good reason to say that Sakleshpur is one of the best hill stations near Bangalore and one of the prominent amongst them is its location amidst the higher altitude section of Western Ghats. This place is visited by travelers throughout the year but during spring the place blooms with beautiful flowers all around. The beauty of this hillock city of Karnataka makes it on the top of the list of travelers.
- Best time to visit: March to September
- Nearest railhead: Sakleshpur Railway Station is just about 7.6 km from this town.
- Nearest airport: Mangalore Airport is the nearest to this town and it is approximately 138 km
- Ideal duration: 6- 7 days
- Best things to do: Visiting Temples, trekking on the railway tracks, hiking, enjoying at waterfalls, photography, nature walk
No wonders Karnataka is such a majestic place to visit because it has some of the wonderful and exquisite destinations to make you fall in love with. If your travel bug is biting you hard- then Kabini is one of the safest destinations around Bangalore to visit.
One of the offbeat destinations near Bangalore that is picking up likings and traction from travelers is Kabini. It is an enthralling location for not just nature lovers but adventure junkies as well. In recent years, city-dwellers have been making their way to Kabini to enjoy the travel-perfect weather and beautiful landscapes.
What makes it a wonderful destination for city people is the diversity of flora and serenity. You won’t hear honks or alarms here, just the gust of wind and the melody of birds chirping. During peaceful nights, you can enjoy camping, bonfire, and the rustling leaves around you. Isn’t that tempting already?
[ Check out Kabini tour packages here. ]
- Best time to visit: Throughout the year
- Nearest railhead: Mysore railroad station which is approximately 70 km from the city.
- Nearest airport: Coimbatore Airport which is approximately 220 km away from the city.
- Ideal duration: 3-4 days
- Best things to do: Bonfire, camping, exploring the city, visiting Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary, elephant safari, trekking, and boat ride
Yes, Ooty is now a safe place to travel to amidst the pandemic. Although there are numerous places to visit around Bangalore Ooty is always going to be special. Offering diversity in flora and fauna, Ooty is also a majestic place due to its sheer natural beauty.
From tea gardens to mouth-watering scrumptious cuisine, there is no denying the fact that Ooty is a complete package for travelers. Ooty was once known as the summer capital of Madras has also been termed as “India’s Switzerland.”
But it is not just the sheer beauty that intrigues the travelers to take a trip to Ooty but more than that. You get a whole lot of other things that include adrenaline-rushing activities, good food, and others. Ooty is also one of the best places to visit near Bangalore during the monsoon. This is the time when the entire place looks alive with greenery all over.
- Best time to visit: March to October
- Nearest railhead: Mettupalayam railway station is the nearest railhead to Ooty. It is only 40 km away.
- Nearest airport: The nearest airport to Ooty is Coimbatore International Airport which is approximately 98 km away.
- Ideal duration: 7 days
- Best things to do: Enjoy toy train ride, exploring the Botanical Garden, Dolphin’s Nose, Toda Hut, Doddabetta Peak, visiting the Tea Museum
These are 5 safe places around Bangalore where you can have a good time with your loved ones irrespective of the number of days you are spending here. Make way to these places if you are already bored of following the same routine over and over again.
Note: Though all these places are safe to travel near Bangalore within Covid-19, it is still advised to check any updates thereafter.
Latest Karnataka Travel Guidelines
At the time this post was published, the Karnataka government had lifted a lot of stringent rules that brought travelers some good news. Although not all the places in and around Bangalore were opened for travelers many have been.
But considering the situation of this pandemic, it is highly advised to check the website of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare before leaving for any destination. Some of the currently important rules to be followed by travelers for inter-state, intra-state, and inter-district traveling:
- Should have a Covid-19 negative report while traveling.
- Should have the vaccination certificate
- Should strictly follow the guidelines of the Department of Health and Family Welfare.