Shimla is a beautiful hill station in Himachal Pradesh, One of the most beautiful places in India for family Holidays. The timeless beauty of Shimla includes snow-clad mountains with trekking trails, meadows, and lakes. Bask in the gentle sunlight and breathe the freshest Himalayan breeze. There are also famous handicraft markets in Shimla that allow you to go for that much-awaited shopping spree. Take a look at Shimla tour packages.
- Things to do : Toy Train Ride, Ice skating, Camping, Trekking, Skiing
- Major Tourist Attractions : Mall Road, Kufri, Jakhoo Hill, Christ Church, Viceregal Lodge
- Nearest Airport : Shimla Airport
- Railway Station : Shimla Railway Station
The main attraction in Nainital is the spectacular Nainital Lake that allows boating with the view of the hill on one side and the busy but calm road on the other side. The other attractions include Naina Devi Temple - a Shakti Peeth, trekking trails, and Bhutia Market a shopping hub. Take a look at Nainital family packages.
- Things to do : Boating on the Nainital Lake and Cable car ride
- Major Tourist Attractions : Naini Lake, Tiffin Top, Nainital Ropeway, Mall Road, Snow View Point, and Naina Devi Temple
- Nearest Airport : Kathgodam Railway Station
- Railway Station : Pantnagar Airport
Agra doesn't need any introduction as it has Taj Mahal the most beautiful monument in the world. This is one of the best places to visit with family and kids where your children can explore the glorious history of India.
- Major Tourist Attractions : Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri, Agra Fort and Itmad-ud-Daula
- Railway Station : Agra Cantonment Railway Station
- Nearest Airport : Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Airport
This lovely Himalayan hill station in Uttarakhand is regarded as the queen of the hills. Mussoorie offers a superb view of waterfalls, hills, and meadows that make for the best Family holiday in Mussoorie.
- Major Tourist Attractions : Lal Tibba, Lake Mist, Kempty Falls, Cloud's End, Gun Hill, Mussoorie Mall Road.
- Railway Station : Dehradun Airport
- Nearest Airport : Dehradun and Haridwar are two nearest railway stations
The heritage city Jaipur makes for an ideal getaway with the family. The famous palaces, temples, colorful markets, folk music, and authentic Rajasthani cuisines are what you can enjoy with your family in Jaipur.
- Famous for : Forts and palaces, Culture, Shopping and Monuments.
- Major Tourist Attractions : Amer Fort, City Palace, Jaipur, Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar Jaipur, and Nahargarh Fort.
- Nearest Airport : Jaipur International Airport
- Railway Station : Jaipur Junction railway station
This little heaven is blessed with immense natural beauty and a family vacation in Manali offers everything including adventure, serenity, and spirituality. While adventure lovers can indulge in trekking, skiing, paragliding, and rafting, others can visit the temple, markets, and monasteries or just can relax in the lap of nature amid lush forest, waterfalls, and meadows.
- Things to do : Paragliding, Rafting, Trekking, Ropeway Ride
- Major Tourist Attractions : Solang Valley, Rohtang pass, Hadimba temple, Manikaran town, Club House, Vashisht Hot Water Springs, Mall Road, and Tibetan Monasteries.
- Nearest Airport : Bhuntar Airport
- Railway Station : Joginder Nagar Railway Station
The 'City of Lakes' is one of the best places to visit in India with family. The beautiful lakes surrounded by forts and temples have earned the place the title 'Venice of the East'. Take a look at Udaipur Tour packages.
- Famous for : Lake, Palaces, Temples, Shopping.
- Major Tourist Attractions : Lake Pichola, City Palace, Bagore Ki Haveli Museum, Fateh Sagar Lake, Sajjangarh Wildlife Sanctuary, and Sajjangarh Monsoon Palace.
- Nearest Airport : Dabok Airport or Maharana Pratap Airport
- Railway Station : Udaipur Railway Station
Auli, the Himalayan ski resort, is one of the best family holiday destinations to visit in North India in winter. The unspoiled beauty, snow-covered mountains, and adventure activities offered in Auli will make your vacation more enjoyable.
- Famous for: Ski resorts, Ski slopes, Ski events
- Major Tourist Attractions: Auli Artificial Lake, Joshimath, Gurso Bugyal, Nanda Devi Peak, Chenab Lake, Chattrakund, Trishul Peak
- Activities: Skiing, camping, cable car ride, trekking, bird watching
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport
- Railway Station: Rishikesh Railway Station
Situated in the state of Jammu and Kashmir called 'Heaven on Earth', Srinagar is a must-visit Indian holiday destination for families during summers. Visit Srinagar to enjoy the famous Shikara ride on Dal Lake and enjoy a stay in stunning houseboats to have the best time with your loved ones.
- Famous for: Scenic environment, gardens, houseboats, waterfronts
- Major Tourist Attractions: Dal Lake, Shalimar Bagh Mughal Garden, Nishat Bagh, Nigeen Lake, Chashme Shahi, Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden
- Activities: Trekking, rafting, skiing, paragliding, boat riding, birdwatching
- Nearest Airport: Sheikh ul Alam Airport
- Railway Station: Jammu Tawi or Udhampur railway station
Kangra is also known as the 'Land of Gods' or Devbhumi boasts stunning natural beauty. This appeal lures tourists towards Kangra's attractions from all over the country. From gorgeous natural sports to incredible man-made structures, there is a lot to see and do at this top family holiday destination in India in North India.
- Famous for: Temples, picturesque valley views
- Major Tourist Attractions: Kangra Fort, Brajeshwari Temple, Baijnath Temple, Indrahar Pass, Jwala Devi Temple, Chamunda Devi Temple
- Activities: Paragliding, trekking
- Nearest Airport: Gaggal Airport
- Railway Station: Pathankot railway station, from where toy trains run to Kangra.
With Ganga flowing through the city and several temples and ashrams located for yoga and meditation, Rishikesh is an ideal place to go for people of the Hindu religion. Rishikesh, known as the adventure capital of India is among the best places to visit with family in India.
- Famous for: Temples, ashrams
- Major Attractions: Laxman Jhula, Parmarth Niketan Ashram, The Beatles Ashram
- Activities: Camping, hot air ballooning, kayaking
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport
- Railway Station: Rishikesh railway station
Munsiyari is a precious gem whose natural beauty is in its untouched landscapes. For all the families who love to spend time amidst nature, Munsiyari is a great place to be. Besides the beauty and serenity, it is one of the top places to enjoy adventure activities.
- Major Attractions: Birthi Falls, Tribal Heritage Museum, Khalia Top, Nanda Devi Temple, Messar Kund, Munsiyari Hill Top View Point
- Nearest Airport: Pantnagar Airport
- Railway Station: Kathgodam railway station and Tanakpur railway station
Best Places to Visit with Family in West India
The beach capital Goa is one of the best destinations for family vacations in India. The charming beaches, flea markets, and famous restaurants or nightclubs offer unlimited fun and adventure opportunity. Goa also has a serene side that includes ancient forts and churches in old Goa.
- Famous for : Nightlife, Watersport, River Cruises, Churches
- Popular Beaches : Baga Beach, Anjuna beache, Vagator Beach, Colva Beach, Candolim Beach and more.
- Adventure Activities : Banana Boat Rides, Kayaking, Parasailing, Kite Surfing, Windsurfing, Water Skiing, Rafting, Scuba Diving, and Snorkeling.
- Major Tourist Attractions : Dudhsagar Falls, Basilica of Bom Jesus, Panaji, Old Goa, Chapora Fort, Aguada Fort, and Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary.
- Nearest Airport : Dabolim Airport (international airport)
- Railway Station : Madgaon Junction railway station
Mumbai is the city of dreams, the city that never sleeps. This biggest metropolitan city in India is an ideal destination for a family holiday. The tourists are attracted by the ancient cave temples at Elephanta cave, the iconic Gateway of India, Marine drive and a glance at the houses of Bollywood celebrities during a family tour.
- Major Tourist Attractions : Gateway of India, Elephanta Caves, Siddhivinayak Temple, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Nehru Center, Juhu Beach, Marine Drive, Snow World, Red Carpet Wax Museum
- Nearest Airport : Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport
- Railway Station : Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
Best Places to Visit with Family in South India
Plan a family vacation in India to soak in the eternal beauty of Kerala. The pine-fringed beaches, lush forests, exotic wildlife, and tea gardens will for sure steal the heart of your family. There is also serene backwaters allowing houseboat tours and not to miss the authentic Ayurvedic spas. Check out Kerala tour packages.
- Famous for : Houseboat, Ayurveda therapies, Beaches, Spice plantation, Treehouse stay, Tea Gardens, and Hill Stations
- Popular Beaches : Kovalam Beach, Alappuzha Beach, Lighthouse Beach, Hawa Beach, Marari Beach, Varkala Beach, and Samudra Beach.
- Famous Hill Stations : Munnar, Wayanad, Idukki, and Thekkady
- Famous Destinations : Alleppey, Munnar, Kumarakom, Kovalam, Wayanad, Thekkady , Bekal , Kozhikode, and Varkala.
- Wildlife Sanctuary : Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, Eravikulam National Park, Idukki Wildlife Sanctuary, and Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary
- Spice Plantations : Thekkady, Wayanad, and Munnar
- Nearest Airport :
- Cochin International Airport
- Trivandrum International Airport
- Railway Station :
- Cochin Railway Station
- Thiruvananthapuram Central railway station
The 'Queen of Hill Stations' Ooty offers a tranquil atmosphere and picturesque views. Let your family experience the soul-stirring beauty of nature during the most memorable family holiday in India.
- Famous for : Toy Train and Hill Stations
- Major Tourist Attractions : Nilgiri Mountain Railway (Toy Train), Ooty Lake, Botanical Gardens, St. Stephen's Church, Avalanche Lake.
- Nearest Airport : Coimbatore International Airport
- Railway Station : Ooty Railway Station
Munnar is one of the most beautiful places for family vacations in Kerala. The misty roads, rivulets with the view of meadows, the tea gardens and the wildlife will for sure make a wonderful vacation for your family in Munnar.
- Famous for : Hill Stations, Tea Gardens and Treehouse stay
- Major Tourist Attractions : Echo Point, Attukad Waterfalls, Tea Museum, Tea Gardens, Eravikulam National Park, Wonder Valley Adventure and Amusement Park, and Kundala Lake
- Nearest Airport : Cochin International Airport
- Railway Station : Cochin Railway Station
Andaman is famous for its secluded islands, white-sandy beaches lined with coconut trees, marine life, historical places, and museums that make the place a perfect destination for a family holiday in India.
- Famous for : Beaches, Watersport and Island
- Adventure activities : Scuba Diving, Walking Underwater, Glass Bottom Boat, Snorkeling, Kayaking, Sea Plane and Trekking
- Major Tourist Attractions : Cellular Jail, Havelock Island, Neil Island, Limestone caves, Viper Chain Gang Jail, Zoological Survey Museum and Mount Harriet National Park
- Famous Beaches : Radhanagar Beach, Kala Pathar Beach, Elephant Beach, Chidiyatapu Beach, Wandoor Beach, Bharatpur Beach and many more.
- Nearest Airport : Port Blair International Airport
The stunning sunset points, waterfalls and plenty of coffee plantations make Coorg the 'Kashmir of Karnataka'. Home to 4 national parks, Coorg is one of the best places for a family vacation in India.
- Famous for : Hill Stations, Waterfalls Coffee Plantation
- Major Tourist Attractions : Raja's Seat, Abbey Falls, Kaveri River, Madikeri Fort, Golden Temple
- Activities : Trekking, Camping, Jeep Safari, Hiking, Quad Biking, Rappelling
- Nearest Airport : Mysore Airport
- Railway Station : Mysore Junction railway station
An ideal destination for a family trip in South India in summer, Kodaikanal or 'The Princess of Hills' has abundant wonders to keep you fascinated. The sprawling greens, pleasant weather, and gushing waterfalls make this hill town in Tamil Nadu a must-visit place for families.
- Major Attractions: Kodaikanal Lake, Coaker's Walk, Bryant Park, Silver Cascade Falls, Kurinji Andavar Temple, Dolphin's Nose
- Nearest Airport: Madurai Airport
- Railway Station: Kodaikanal Road
Brimming with charming waterfalls, ancient caves, and lush greenery, Wayanad is among the top family holiday destinations in South India in May. While on your family trip, visit the top tourist attractions in Wayanad and spend time bonding with each other.
- Famous for: Beautiful valleys, trekking trails, bird watching sites, flora and fauna
- Major Attractions: Edakkal Caves, Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, Soochipara Waterfalls, Kuruvadweep, Banasura Sagar Dam
- Activities: Zip-lining, trekking, cycling, wildlife spotting, camping
- Nearest Airport: Karipur International Airport
- Railway Station: Kozhikode railway station
Yelagiri, a quaint hill station, is one of the best places to visit in summer in South India with family. Be it its sunset points, pristine lakes, and unspoiled parks, Yelagiri offers a good time to families, It is among the lesser-known hill stations in Tamil Nadu and is definitely worth a visit.
- Major Attractions: Swamimalai Hills, Yelagiri Nature Park, Nilavoor Lake, Stellar Cave, SRL Rose Garden, Yelagiri Herbal Garden
- Nearest Airport: Bengaluru Airport
- Railway Station: Jolarpettai Junction
Best Places to Visit with Family in North East India
Darjeeling is one of best family destination in India with pleasant weather, tea gardens on the mountain slopes, the majestic view of the Khangchendzonga, a toy train, ancient monasteries and the Tibetan market.
- Things to do in Darjeeling : Enjoy shopping, trekking, hiking, toy train riding and marveling at the views of Khangchendzonga and tea gardens
- Nearest Airport: Bagdogra Airport
- Railway Station : New Jalpaiguri Junction railway station
Also known as 'the abode of clouds', Shillong is among the smallest states of India yet houses big gems in the forms of lakes, waterfalls, monasteries, and more. With many remarkable landmarks spread all across the state, it is one of the best hill stations for a family holiday in India in June month.
- Major Attractions: Cathedral of Mary Help of Christians, Mawjymbuin Caves, Umiam, Golf Course, Shillong Peak, Meghalaya Butterfly Museum, Sohpetbneng Peak, Living Root Bridge
- Activities: Nature camping, boating, angling, trekking, horse riding, golfing
- Airport: Shillong Airport
- Railway Station: Guwahati railway station
Cascading waterfalls, sprawling forests, towering mountains, and solitary monasteries are what make Gangtok one of the best hill stations for a family holiday in India in summer in Northeast India. From admiring the natural beauty to enjoying thrilling adventures, you can enjoy a wide array of things in Gangtok.
- Famous for: Handicrafts, Tibetan Carpets, Tea
- Major Attractions: Tashi View Point, Namgyal Institute of Tibetology, Hanuman Temple, Do Drul Chorten Monastery, Enchey Monastery, Ganesh Tok, Ban Jhakri Falls Park
- Activities: Yak safari, helicopter ride, cable car ride
- Nearest Airport: Bagdogra Airport
- Railway Station: New Jalpaiguri
One of the best places to visit with family in North India for summer vacations, Assam treats you with pleasant weather, breathtaking beauty, offbeat attractions, spiritual ambiance, and much more. It is one of North East India's seven sisters that houses one of the biggest national parks in the country.
- Famous for: Tea, Silk, one-horned rhinoceros, Asiatic birds, Asian elephants, culture
- Major Attractions: Kamakhya Temple, Assam State Zoo, Umananda Temple, Assam State Museum, Dipor Bil
- Wildlife Sanctuaries and National Parks: Kaziranga National Park, Dibru Saikhowa National Park, Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary, Orang National Park, Hoollongapar Gibbon Sanctuary, Chakrashila Wildlife Sanctuary
- Activities: River rafting, angling, cycling, trekking, camping
- Airport: Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport
- Railway Station: Dibrugarh railway station
Visit Tawang to spend time with your family amidst a peaceful environment. Located in Arunachal Pradesh, Tawang is known for its snow-clad peaks, dense forests, stunning valleys, crystal clear rivers, and frozen lakes. It is no doubt among the best family holiday destinations in India.
- Major Attractions: Tawang Monastery, Sela Pass, Madhuri Lake, Nuranang Falls, Tawang War Memorial, Gorichen Peak, Jaswant Garh
- Nearest Airport: Salonibari Airport
- Railway Station: Tezpur Railway Station