India with its myriad attractions, experiences, and hospitality is among the world's best family holiday destinations. With beaches, hill stations, wildlife sanctuaries, backwaters, desert, tourist attractions and many more thrilling options, your entire family will have a memorable vacation in India. The fun does not stop at one season, there are options for both summer holidays as well as winter vacations. Catering to kids, elderly, adventurous, spiritual, history-lover, experience-seeker, Best family vacation destinations in India offer the best time for all.
Offering the best destinations for family vacation in India, We have the best deals for all-inclusive family holidays. If your family loves the beach, we have a number of places for you. While Goa and Kerala are the best places to visit in India for family vacation, Andaman, Lakshadweep, Odisha and even Karnataka offer an exciting time. The charming hill stations in India, including the north East India and South India along with Himalayas have some of the best fun places to visit with family and kids.
Rajasthan is a name that is not easily forgotten when it comes to thinking of places to go for family trip in India. The royal sites do not just make the elderly curious, but the little ones are also in awe. Elephant rides, colorful clothes, food, camels and the golden desert, stay at palace turned heritage hotels and more give you abundant thrill. Also, destinations for wildlife adventures are the best family holiday destinations in India to travel with kids. Apart from the places, experiences like ride on the toy trains or one of the luxury trains also offer a fun family vacation in India. Seek no more, browse through our extensive range of family holiday packages in India.
Traveling with family is fun but at the same time, a tough task as far as the choice of the destination is concerned. But India is so diverse both culturally and naturally, that travelers of all types and ages find something special here. There are a number of places in India that offer fun activities, romantic ambiance, adventure, and serenity all at a single place.
Popular Family Holiday Destinations in India 2020
|Shimla||View Packages||Enquiry Now|
|Goa||View Packages||Enquiry Now|
|Mussoorie||View Packages||Enquiry Now|
|Darjeeling||View Packages||Enquiry Now|
|Nainital||View Packages||Enquiry Now|
|Manali||View Packages||Enquiry Now|
|Kerala||View Packages||Enquiry Now|
|Jaipur||View Packages||Enquiry Now|
|Srinagar||View Packages||Enquiry Now|
|Andaman||View Packages||Enquiry Now|
|Munnar||View Packages||Enquiry Now|
Ready for a family holidays? Here's a list of best places to visit in India for a family vacation destinations in India 2020.
Shimla is a beautiful hill station in Himachal Pradesh, One of the most beautiful places in India for family Holidays. The timeless beauty of Shimla includes snow-clad mountains with trekking trails, meadows, and lakes. Bask in the gentle sunlight and breathe the freshest Himalayan breeze. There are also famous handicraft markets in Shimla that allow you to go for that much-awaited shopping spree. Take a look at Shimla tour packages.
- Things to do : Toy Train Ride, Ice skating, Camping, Trekking, Skiing
- Major Tourist Attractions : Mall Road, Kufri, Jakhoo Hill, Christ Church, Viceregal Lodge
- Nearest Airport : Shimla Airport
- Railway Station : Shimla Railway Station
The beach capital Goa is one of the best destinations for family vacations in India. The charming beaches, flea markets, and famous restaurants or nightclubs offer unlimited fun and adventure opportunity. Goa also has a serene side that includes ancient forts and churches in old Goa.
- Famous for : Nightlife, Watersport, River Cruises, Churches
- Popular Beaches : Baga Beach, Anjuna beache, Vagator Beach, Colva Beach, Candolim Beach and more.
- Adventure Activities : Banana Boat Rides, Kayaking, Parasailing, Kite Surfing, Windsurfing, Water Skiing, Rafting, Scuba Diving, and Snorkeling.
- Major Tourist Attractions : Dudhsagar Falls, Basilica of Bom Jesus, Panaji, Old Goa, Chapora Fort, Aguada Fort, and Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary.
- Nearest Airport : Dabolim Airport (international airport)
- Railway Station : Madgaon Junction railway station
Darjeeling is one of best family destination in India with pleasant weather, tea gardens on the mountain slopes, the majestic view of the Khangchendzonga, a toy train, ancient monasteries and the Tibetan market.
- Things to do in Darjeeling : Enjoy shopping, trekking, hiking, toy train riding and marveling at the views of Khangchendzonga and tea gardens
- The perfect time to visit : September to April
Plan a family vacation in India to soak in the eternal beauty of Kerala. The pine-fringed beaches, lush forests, exotic wildlife, and tea gardens will for sure steal the heart of your family. There is also serene backwaters allowing houseboat tours and not to miss the authentic Ayurvedic spas. Check out Kerala tour packages.
- Famous for : Houseboat, Ayurveda therapies, Beaches, Spice plantation, Treehouse stay, Tea Gardens, and Hill Stations
- Popular Beaches : Kovalam Beach, Alappuzha Beach, Lighthouse Beach, Hawa Beach, Marari Beach, Varkala Beach, and Samudra Beach.
- Famous Hill Stations : Munnar, Wayanad, Idukki, and Thekkady
- Famous Destinations : Alleppey, Munnar, Kumarakom, Kovalam, Wayanad, Thekkady , Bekal , Kozhikode, and Varkala.
- Wildlife Sanctuary : Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, Eravikulam National Park, Idukki Wildlife Sanctuary, and Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary
- Spice Plantations : Thekkady, Wayanad, and Munnar
- Nearest Airport :
- Cochin International Airport
- Trivandrum International Airport
- Railway Station :
- Cochin Railway Station
- Thiruvananthapuram Central railway station
The main attraction in Nainital is the spectacular Nainital Lake that allows boating with the view of the hill on one side and the busy but calm road on the other side. The other attractions include Naina Devi Temple - a Shakti Peeth, trekking trails, and Bhutia Market a shopping hub. Take a look at Nainital family packages.
- Things to do : Boating on the Nainital Lake and Cable car ride
- Major Tourist Attractions : Naini Lake, Tiffin Top, Nainital Ropeway, Mall Road, Snow View Point, and Naina Devi Temple
- Nearest Airport : Kathgodam Railway Station
- Railway Station : Pantnagar Airport
Agra doesn't need any introduction as it has Taj Mahal the most beautiful monument in the world. This is one of the best places to visit with family and kids where your children can explore the glorious history of India.
- Major Tourist Attractions : Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri, Agra Fort and Itmad-ud-Daula
- Railway Station : Agra Cantonment Railway Station
- Nearest Airport : Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Airport
This lovely Himalayan hill station in Uttarakhand is regarded as the queen of the hills. Mussoorie offers a superb view of waterfalls, hills, and meadows that make for the best Family holiday in Mussoorie.
- Major Tourist Attractions : Lal Tibba, Lake Mist, Kempty Falls, Cloud's End, Gun Hill, Mussoorie Mall Road.
- Railway Station : Dehradun Airport
- Nearest Airport : Dehradun and Haridwar are two nearest railway stations
Munnar is one of the most beautiful places for family vacations in Kerala. The misty roads, rivulets with the view of meadows, the tea gardens and the wildlife will for sure make a wonderful vacation for your family in Munnar.
- Famous for : Hill Stations, Tea Gardens and Treehouse stay
- Major Tourist Attractions : Echo Point, Attukad Waterfalls, Tea Museum, Tea Gardens, Eravikulam National Park, Wonder Valley Adventure and Amusement Park, and Kundala Lake
- Railway Station : Dehradun Airport
- Nearest Airport : Cochin International Airport
- Railway Station : Cochin Railway Station
The heritage city Jaipur makes for an ideal getaway with the family. The famous palaces, temples, colorful markets, folk music, and authentic Rajasthani cuisines are what you can enjoy with your family in Jaipur.
- Famous for : Forts and palaces, Culture, Shopping and Monuments.
- Major Tourist Attractions : Amer Fort, City Palace, Jaipur, Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar Jaipur, and Nahargarh Fort.
- Nearest Airport : Jaipur International Airport
- Railway Station : Jaipur Junction railway station
This little heaven is blessed with immense natural beauty and a family vacation in Manali offers everything including adventure, serenity, and spirituality. While adventure lovers can indulge in trekking, skiing, paragliding, and rafting, others can visit the temple, markets, and monasteries or just can relax in the lap of nature amid lush forest, waterfalls, and meadows.
- Things to do : Paragliding, Rafting, Trekking, Ropeway Ride
- Major Tourist Attractions : Solang Valley, Rohtang pass, Hadimba temple, Manikaran town, Club House, Vashisht Hot Water Springs, Mall Road, and Tibetan Monasteries.
- Nearest Airport : Bhuntar Airport
- Railway Station : Joginder Nagar Railway Station
The 'City of Lakes' is one of the best places to visit in India with family. The beautiful lakes surrounded by forts and temples have earned the place the title 'Venice of the East'. Take a look at Udaipur Tour packages.
- Famous for : Lake, Palaces, Temples, Shopping.
- Major Tourist Attractions : Lake Pichola, City Palace, Bagore Ki Haveli Museum, Fateh Sagar Lake, Sajjangarh Wildlife Sanctuary, and Sajjangarh Monsoon Palace.
- Nearest Airport : Dabok Airport or Maharana Pratap Airport
- Railway Station : Udaipur Railway Station
The 'Queen of Hill Stations' Ooty offers a tranquil atmosphere and picturesque views. Let your family experience the soul-stirring beauty of nature during the most memorable family holiday in India.
- Famous for : Toy Train and Hill Stations
- Major Tourist Attractions : Nilgiri Mountain Railway (Toy Train), Ooty Lake, Botanical Gardens, St. Stephen's Church, Avalanche Lake.
- Nearest Airport : Coimbatore International Airport
- Railway Station : Ooty Railway Station
Andaman is famous for its secluded islands, white-sandy beaches lined with coconut trees, marine life, historical places, and museums that make the place a perfect destination for a family holiday in India.
- Famous for : Beaches, Watersport and Island
- Adventure activities : Scuba Diving, Walking Underwater, Glass Bottom Boat, Snorkeling, Kayaking, Sea Plane and Trekking
- Major Tourist Attractions : Cellular Jail, Havelock Island, Neil Island, Limestone caves, Viper Chain Gang Jail, Zoological Survey Museum and Mount Harriet National Park
- Famous Beaches : Radhanagar Beach, Kala Pathar Beach, Elephant Beach, Chidiyatapu Beach, Wandoor Beach, Bharatpur Beach and many more.
- Nearest Airport : Port Blair International Airport
Mumbai is the city of dreams, the city that never sleeps. This biggest metropolitan city in India is an ideal destination for a family holiday. The tourists are attracted by the ancient cave temples at Elephanta cave, the iconic Gateway of India, Marine drive and a glance at the houses of Bollywood celebrities during a family tour.
- Major Tourist Attractions : Gateway of India, Elephanta Caves, Siddhivinayak Temple, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Nehru Center, Juhu Beach, Marine Drive, Snow World, Red Carpet Wax Museum
- Nearest Airport : Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport
- Railway Station : Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
The stunning sunset points, waterfalls and plenty of coffee plantations make Coorg the 'Kashmir of Karnataka'. Home to 4 national parks, Coorg is one of the best places for a family vacation in India.
- Famous for : Hill Stations, Waterfalls Coffee Plantation
- Major Tourist Attractions : Raja's Seat, Abbey Falls, Kaveri River, Madikeri Fort, Golden Temple
- Activities : Trekking, Camping, Jeep Safari, Hiking, Quad Biking, Rappelling
- Nearest Airport : Mysore Airport
- Railway Station : Mysore Junction railway station