Himachal Pradesh is an enchanting land that entices visitors from all over the world throughout the year. The majestic snow-capped mountain peaks, the mossy meadows, the lovely green carpeted valleys, and the rippling streams are a few manifestations of its unparalleled beauty. A visit to the various cities in Himachal Pradesh will help one understand why it is deemed one of the most alluring tourist destinations in India.
The one characteristic common to all the Himachal Pradesh cities is their endearing charm. Tourist destinations in Himachal Pradesh do justice with words like pristine, beautiful, celestial, ethereal, and very appealing.
The Himachal cities, Shimla, Kullu, Manali, Dalhousie, and Dharamsala, are amongst the most popular cities in Himachal Pradesh. Many tourists flock to these hill stations mainly in the summer months, partly to escape the summer heat and primarily to enjoy their mesmerizing beauty. The pleasant climate of the Himachal cities is a welcome relief from the scorching heat. In addition, they are very well connected to different parts of the country and hence, easily accessible.
Some of the other cities in Himachal Pradesh are relatively less known and explored than the others, but all are charming. These new Himachal Pradesh cities include Chail, Parwanoo, Kufri, Pragpur, Solan, Mandi, Hamirpur, Una, and Nahan. These places have managed to retain their purity and pristine beauty, unruffled by the vagaries of modern civilization. The pure fresh air that will rejuvenate you is so glaringly absent in big cities and is one of the most prized possessions of these cities in Himachal Pradesh and their scenic beauty.
Witness the grandeur of the majestic Himalayas, follow the meandering routes of the mountainous rivers, listen to the ripples of the rivulets, feel the caressing of the winds, offer your prayers at the temples scattered here and there, and take a peep into the simple way of living of these simple mountainous people when visiting the different cities in Himachal Pradesh. We are convinced that they are moments that will remain etched in your memories forever.
Convince yourself that you deserve that coveted vacation in the lap of the Himalayas and immediately set out for the cities in Himachal Pradesh. Each of them has something unique in store for its visitors.
Here is the list of cities in Himachal Pradesh you can visit on your tour -
- Shimla - Known as the 'Queen of Hills,' Shimla is surrounded by snow-covered Himalayan mountains, verdant valleys, and remarkable structures of the colonial era.
- Manali - Boasting natural charm and unparalleled beauty, Manali is one of the best cities in Himachal Pradesh and offers endless adventure activities like skiing, river rafting, zorbing, skiing, and mountaineering.
- Kufri - Located near Shimla, Kufri offers trekking and hiking trails perfect for adventure-seeking souls. Plus, families can enjoy picnics at lovely parks here.
- Spiti - Spiti is famous for its cultural heritage, including ancient temples, stupas, and spectacular murals. Tabo Monastery is among the most notable attractions in Spiti.
- Dalhousie - Situated at the western end of the Dhauladhar range, Dalhousie is known for its natural beauty and pleasant climate.
- Dharamshala - Abode of the Dalai Lama, Dharamshala is the best largest city of Himachal Pradesh to experience the blend of Kangra and Tibetan culture.
- Kullu - The 'Valley of Gods', Kullu is a cluster of picturesque valleys. Due to its pleasant weather, it is favored by honeymooners. Kullu shawl is a famous thing to buy here.
- Khajjiar - Khajjiar is bestowed with meadows and lush green forests and has many beautiful attractions, including Khajjiar Lake, that keeps tourists spellbound.
- Chail - Chail is known for its spectacular architecture. It is home to ancient temples, palaces, and wildlife parks. Chail also has the highest cricket ground in the world.
- Kasauli - One of the best Himachal cities, Kasauli is famous for its apple orchards. It is visited for its laid-back vibes and peaceful environment. It is known for the Kasauli Brewery, which is said to be the oldest functioning distillery for scotch whiskey in Asia.
- Solan - Due to its massive production of tomatoes and mushrooms, Solan is often called the 'Mushroom City of India' and 'The City of Red Gold.' It is a must-visit for a respite from the heat.
- Lahaul - Famous for highly revered Hindu temples, Lahaul is where Hinduism and Buddhism co-existed for centuries. It gives travelers unique experiences and is known for its landscapes, lip-smacking local foods, and religious spots.
- Chamba - The 'Land of Lord Shiva,' Chamba is a famous city in Himachal known for its untouched natural beauty. It is a district including Khajjiar, Dalhousie, Chamba Town, Pangi, and Bharmour. You can visit lakes, wildlife sanctuaries, and countless temples.
- Rohtang Pass - Renowned for its scenic beauty and unparalleled views, Rohtang Pass, offers stunning sights of peaks, glaciers, Lahaul Valley, and the Chandra River. It also provides adventure activities like mountain biking, snow scooter, ski ride, tyre drop, and skiing.
If you plan to explore Himachal Pradesh, Indian Holiday is the right place to choose a package for a tour. We offer unbeatable deals on customizable Himachal tour packages that you can modify as per your desires.