Spread across an area of 350 square feet, Superior Rooms are the simplest accommodation offering available at Taj Hotel, Chandigarh. The rooms are designed by fusing classical elements with modern traits, that give them unique charm and aura. The Superior rooms are not only good to look at, but are amazingly practical with all necessary furnishings and amenities included in it. The amenities included as part of the Superior rooms include in room tea and coffee maker, mini bar, two direct dial telephone lines, strong task lighting, movable work table, hard flooring, 42 inch plasma television with satellite connectivity and premium channels. Some of the room also offers majestic view of the Rose garden and Shivalik mountain range through its full length glass windows.
Sector 17-A, Chandigarh, Punjab - 160017 View Map
- Sector 17-A, Chandigarh
Celebrating the dynamic spirit of the beautiful city – Chandigarh, Taj group offers a premium luxury hotel that has proven to be an elegant, stylish and practical accommodation option for both business as well as leisure travelers. Located in the sector 17 of the city, the hotel is in close proximity of major business, commercial as well as tourist hubs of the city. This five star property has been listed among the best hotels of the city, thanks to its sophisticated architecture, plush interiors, warm hospitality and modern facilities. The hotel offers 149 accommodation options in different categories of Superior rooms, Deluxe Rooms, Luxury Rooms and Presidential Suites; to cater to different requirements of its diverse clientele. The hotel also has great culinary delights to take care of food needs of the clients; these include Taj groups’ signature restaurant named Café 17, Black Lotus – the Chinese bistro, Dera – the Mughlai eatery and Lava – the retro themed bar.
In addition to these, the hotel also has developed several other facilities and services to cater to any general or emergency needs that may arise from patrons’ side. These include round the clock Front Desk, 24 hours room service, travel desk, airport transfer (on request), shopping arcade, astrologer on call facility, postal / courier / parcel service, barber shop, parking facility, beauty salon, medical facilities and doctor on call service, car rentals, luggage storage, interpreter services, library, lounge area, hotel safe, express check out, and many others. The hotel also boasts of great business amenities and has a dedicated business center with high end audio – visual equipment, laptop on hire facility, secretariat services and video conferencing facility. Taj group has always served as great venues for events of any kind, be it social, corporate, business or governmental. Taj Hotel, Chandigarh keep this tradition alive with its banquet halls and meeting rooms, the major listed among them include The Grand Ballroom, The Capitol, The Terrace Hall and The Pool Deck.
- Outdoor Pool
- Fitness Center
- Hot Tub
- golf course
- LAN and Wi-Fi access (charges apply)
- Private parking is available on site.
- Car Rental
- Room Service
- VIP Room Facilities
- Laundry Service
- Airport shuttle
- Dry cleaning
- Express check-in/check-out
- Currency exchange
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour room service
- Business center
- Smoking area
- Doctor on Call
Comfort and luxury blend perfectly to give the Deluxe rooms at Taj, Chandigarh; a very opulent feel and appeal. The rooms are designed very tastefully and special care is taken to incorporate classical as well as modern elements in the interior theme of the rooms to cater to different clients. The spacious Deluxe rooms have an area of 350 square feet, and are fitted with best furnishings and amenities. These include in room tea and coffee maker, mini bar, two direct dial telephone lines, strong task lighting, movable work table, hard flooring, 42 inch plasma television with satellite connectivity and premium channels. In addition to these, patrons also get complimentary buffet breakfast at Café 17 restaurant, 20 percent discount on laundry services, 10 percent discount on food and soft beverages, access to lounge area during cocktail hour and running tea and coffee facility at the lounge; as benefits along with Deluxe Rooms.
As the name suggests, the Luxury Rooms are epitome of lavishness and beauty. Designed to please the eyes and yet practical enough to take care of all your needs; the Luxury Rooms have been one of the hot favorites at Taj Hotel, Chandigarh. Spread across an expanse of 550 to 650 square feet, the Luxury Rooms are partitioned into separate living and bedding areas for convenience of clients. Apart from the usual amenities, the rooms also entitle the patron to other facilities like; Buffet Breakfast at Café 17, one way airport / railway transfer facility, 2 hours complimentary usage of wifi, 2 hours complimentary usage of business center board room (subject to availability), running tea and coffee at the Lounge, access to the Lounge during cocktail hour, 20 percent discount on laundry and 10 percent discount on food and soft beverages. The elegant décor and other facilities provided along with Luxury Room, make it an ideal accommodation option for both business as well as leisure travelers.
Presidential Suites are the finest accommodation option available at the Taj Hotel, Chandigarh. The suite is spread across an area of 1080 square feet and consists of two premium rooms that are fitted with superior features and furnishings. Often chosen by VIPs as their stay option while visiting Chandigarh, the Presidential Suites reflect certain class and style that remains unmatched by its competition. The suite is loaded with amenities like in room tea and coffee maker, mini bar, two direct dial telephone lines, strong task lighting, movable work table, hard flooring, 42 inch plasma television with satellite connectivity and premium channels. In addition to these, booking a Presidential Suite guarantees certain other services such as buffet breakfast at Café 17 restaurant, one way airport / railway transfer facility, 24 hours complimentary usage of wifi high speed internet facility, 4 hours complimentary usage of business center board room (subject to availability), running tea and coffee at the Lounge, access to the Lounge during cocktail hour, 20 percent discount on laundry and 10 percent discount on food and soft beverages.
Taj Chandigarh, Chandigarh offers elegantly appointed 149 elegantly appointed guestrooms that are categorized into Presidential Suite, Luxury Rooms, Deluxe Rooms and Superior Rooms. The rooms are comfort redefined and are complete with a host of in-room amenities that include 42Ã¢â‚¬? Plasma TVs with satellite programs Hard Flooring, Movable work table, Strong Task Lighting, 2 line direct dial telephones, In-room tea/coffee makers, Minibar and Wi-Fi Internet. All the rooms are graced with full length glass windows and some even offers spectacular views of the Rose Garden and the Shivalik Mountain Range.
If Chinese food is what you crave, then Black Lotus Restaurant at Taj hotel, Chandigarh will surely please you. The eatery is designed with a touch of unique style which gives it classy interiors and ambience that is sun-filled by the day and turns black and white by the night. The Chef churns out authentic flavors from Chinese cuisine using traditional recipes and rare herbs and spices. Some of the popular Chinese delicacies listed on the menu her include Plain Sailing Lucky Lobster, Chicken Manchurian, Fish In Oyster Sauce, Jumbo Prawns In Sesame Chili Sauce, Beijing Duck, Sliced Lamb Si Lao Ye, Whole Steamed Fish with pickle Chilli Sauce and Tofu Tai Chin. Relaxed ambience coupled with
Cafe 17 is the signature restaurant of Taj hotels and it makes its appearance even at the Chandigarh franchise. Located on the lobby level of the hotel, Cafe 17 has evolved as one of the best fine dining restaurants that are popular for its calm ambience and warm hospitality. The restaurant specializes in Indian as well as European or Continental cuisine serving all day starters, soups, salads and main course dishes. Patrons are welcome to try some of the popular preparations like Chicken Steak, Country Style Lamb Chops, Punjabi Butter Chicken, Penna Pomodoro Bestilco and Rogan Josh.
Dera is the main Mughlai restaurant located on site of Taj hotel, Chandigarh. Serving mouth watering Indian dishes especially from Patiala, the eatery have earned fame and repute in the beautiful city. With elegant décor and regal ambience, Dera has won hearts of both local as well as foreign clients. The bistro has split level design structure with live kitchen and tawa counters, where guests can see their food being prepared. Adhering to strict hygiene and cleanliness standards, the restaurant has won several accolades from different agencies. Be sure to try Galouti Kebabs, Dera Ka Meat, Raan, Sarso Wali Macchi, Fish Tikka, Dal Tadka, Veg and Non Veg platters, Dal Dum Dera, Butter Chicken, Sheek Kebabs, Amristari Chole and Roasted Mutton while visiting Dera.
Keeping people in the right spirits is a tough task, but the in house bar at Taj Hotel, Chandigarh is up to it, and doing it quite successfully. This small yet comfortable bar is designed around retro theme and the décor and ambience clearly reflect the same. Serving all popular Indian as well imported brands of wines, beer and other alcohols; the bar has earned its rightful place in the night life scene of the city. Moreover, patrons can choose to complement their drinks with some of the scrumptious snacks that range from Indian and popular International favourites. Wednesday are generally reserved for ladies night events.
Distance from Airport
- Chandigarh Airport- 11.6 km
Distance from Railway Station
- Chandigarh Railway Station- 7.1 km
Distance from Top Attractions in the Area
- Rock Garden- 3.7 km
- Sukhna Lake- 3.8 km
- Zakir Hussain Rose Garden-9.1 km
- Government Museum and Art Gallery- 550 m
- Number of Bars- 1
- Number of Floors- 6
- Number of Restaurants- 3
- Room Voltage- 220
- Year Hotel Last Renovated- 2011
The Jiva Spa at Taj Chandigarh offers holistic treatments intended to boost the inner force. The therapies and ingredients are derived from the Ayurveda and ancient old practices. All the treatments are carried out in especially reserved rooms and are result oriented. Following treatments are offered here.
Indian Aroma Therapy
- Vishram – A full body massage to relax mind and body.
- Orja Dayaka – Engage into a deep muscle massage
- Pavithri – A detoxifying massage using oils containing extracts of Tulsi, Lime and Ginger.
- Abhyanga Including Snana – Complete body massage using medicated, herbal and lukewarm oil.
- Kati Basti – A perfect solution to get rid of upper and lower back problems.
- Mukhalepa – For that flawless skin.
- Pichu – De-stress and relaxes the stiffness of the joints.
- Snana – A traditional medicated bath.
- Udvartana – Body toning treatment.
- Consultation – A conversation with expert for complete diagnosis.
- Dinacharya Including Snana – A physical cleansing process.
- Shirodhara – Intense head massage involving pouring of medicated oil from a special vessel.
- Abhyanga Shirodhara – Advantage of both Abhyanga as well as Shirodhara.
- Kizhi – Massage using muslin bags containing heated oils and herbs.
- Ajinv – Includes head and foot massage
- Dev Nidra – A Rejuvenating bath with oils and salts combined with aromatherapy massage.
- Pranam – Yoga session along with Ayurveda Mukhlepa.
- Svashakti – It begins with a long hour champi, Pavithri treatment and Yoga session.
- Svashudi – Consists of Yoga sessions and Shatkarmas or inner cleaning.
- Abhisarna – A romantic aromatherapy massage followed by a dip in the plunge pool.
- Abhisheka – It involves cleansing with holy water of Ganges followed by panchakarma and proceeds towards a signature massage.
- Cape Fynbos – Rejuvenate with the special treatments based on botanical treasures of South Africa.
- Annasi – Get that super soft and glowing skin and see how a pineapple can help you in gaining that.
- Vishram – Full body massage to soothe the mind and body.
- General – Improve posture, refresh the mind and builds strength.
- Advanced – Practice of the classic Asanas.
- Advanced Surya Namaskar – Greet the sun and achieve a sense of serenity.
- Balanced – For complete wellness of the body.
- Dynamic – It enhances flexibility.
- Gentle – Boosts the rotating and loosening of joints.
- Pranayma – It aids in controlling breathing.
- Relaxation – Relax and unwind by performing simple Asanas.
- Ajapa Japa – A calming and therapeutic bliss for many
- Antar Mouna – Keep silent and introspect yourself.
- Hirdayakasha Dharana – Express and communicate your hidden emotions.
- Yoga Nidra – Oscillate between sleep and awake and feel the difference.
- Yoga Nidra Advanced – Rejuvenate and relax completely.
A fitness center is also available for daily practices.
- Pets are not allowed
- Minimum age of check-in is 18 years
- Government-issued photo id needed during check-in
- Guests above 11 years are considered as adults