Spread in a huge area of 850 square feet, Superior Charm Room take cue from the typical houses of Coorg that have pillars, sloping roof, open to the sky entrance and special structural veil. Treat your eyes to the amazing views of the valley and the rainforest from the huge windows. Stunning oil paintings beautify the walls. The attached stone-clad bathrooms are equally plush and come with rain shower, a bathtub, 100% cotton robes, hair dryer, scale, and other premium toiletries. Guests can have a comfortable stay amidst world-class comforts such as a mini-bar, LED TV with satellite connection, electronic safety deposit, round the clock room service, Wi-Fi, ergonomically designed study table and chair, international direct dial facility, Use of pool and fitness centre and more.
Vivanta By Taj –Madikeri, Coorg
1st Monnangeri, Galibeedu, Coorg, Karnataka - India, Coorg, Karnataka - 571201 View Map
- 1st Monnangeri, Galibeedu, Coorg, Karnataka - India, Coorg
Perched at an altitude of 4000 feet, Vivanta by Taj – Madikeri Coorg invites you to enjoy a serene peaceful vacation amidst lush valleys and lovely evergreen rainforest views. Lose yourself in the glory of nature clubbed with a memorable stay amid world-class comforts. This eco-friendly resort has rooms, suites and villas that have a décor inspired by a typical home in Coorg. The living space ooze out luxury in its purest form with natural river stones, mud paints, muted shades, re-cycled wood being the highlight. Huge amphitheater inspired from Omkareshwara temple tank, stunning lobby façade, indoor and outdoor swimming pools and private heated plunge pools are some of the highlights.
The Jiva Grande Spa, spread in an area of 30,000 square feet is a true wellness space with several a host of rejuvenation options- right below the stars and out there in the woods. The spa comprises of 8 private treatment rooms with their own steam and showers, a wellness café, a relaxation deck and the signature Coorg experience of Gudda bath. Partake in recreations like slush sports, bird watching, camping, high rope climbing and zip lining.
The relaxed lounge bar, a multi-cuisine all day restaurant, a wellness restaurant and some specialty restaurants are a part of the dining space at Vivanta by Taj, Coorg. The chefs and their trained teams prepare lip-smacking delicacies from the freshest of ingredients and aromatic spices. There is a vast selection of alcoholic as well as non- alcoholic beverages.
- Swimming Pool
- private beach
- Fitness Center
- Pool Table
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
- Snack Bar
- Restaurant/ Coffee Shop
- Free Wi-Fi access (may be charged in some rooms)
- Free! Free private parking is available on site.
- Room Service
- 24-hour front desk
- Tour desk
- 24-hour room service
- Business center
- Taxi Services
- Seating Area
Superior Charm Room
Deluxe Delight Room
Covering 1000 square feet of a plush oasis, Deluxe Delight Rooms make your day by offering spectacular views of the surroundings through its large windows. While the décor is inspired from the open entrances, pillars and sloping roofs of a typical Coorg house, the walls are adorned by beautiful oil paintings. The special fireplace looks interesting. 24-hour room service, home panel system, LED with satellite channels, mini bar, international direct dial facility, electronic safe, Wi-fi internet, dual line telephones, use of pool and fitness centre, pillow menu, make your memorable. A huge bathtub, a rain shower, 100 percent cotton robes, wall-mounted make-up mirror and hair dryer along with other premium toiletries are a part of the stone-clad bathrooms.
Premium Indulgence Room
Stretching in an area of 1400 square feet, Premium Indulgence Rooms are magnanimous and are placed on natural slopes. Offering a bird’s eye view the surrounding valley and rainforest from three-sided bay windows of, these rooms have tasteful furniture with capacious sitting areas. Oil paintings adorn the walls of the rooms. Just sit by the fireplace or on the day bed and relax. The rooms come loaded with modern conveniences such as 32 inch LED TV screen with home theatre, mini-bar, 24X7 room service, international direct dial facility, a daybed, fireplace, ergonomically designed study table and chair, complimentary usage of gym and pool, wireless internet access, electronic safe, choice of pillows etc. The en-suite stone covered bathrooms are stunning too. They come with amenities like a bathtub, 100% cotton robes, Egyptian cotton towels, wall-mounted makeup mirror, hair drier and complimentary toiletries.
Luxury Bliss Villa with Balcony and Plunge Pool
Sheer luxury in 3300 square feet, Luxury Bliss Villa with Balcony and heated 4 feet Plunge Pool, are adorned with lovely oil paintings, bay windows by views of the rainforest, high ceilings and wooden pillars. The villas comes with a separate living cum dining area, a separate sleeping space, a sit-out area in the balcony and a butler pantry. Enjoy a warm retreat by the fireplace or just laze on the day bed. Some of the luxurious facilities and amenities ergonomically designed study table and chair, dual line telephones, 32 inch LED TV with satellite connection, electronic safety deposit, Wi-fi, complimentary use of fitness centre, and pool, a mini-bar, pillow menu, round the in-room dining and more. The newly repaired bathrooms have 100% cotton robes, rain shower, bathtub, Egyptian cotton towels, scale, hair drier, wall-mounted make-up mirror and complimentary premium toiletries.
This bold multi-cuisine all-day dining venue comes with an elegant indoor space and a lively art-inspired décor. The outdoor sit-out area at the Fern Tree offers ideal alfresco dining and wooden terrazzo from where you can enjoy the views of the forest below. Guests can savor sumptuous delights of Far Eastern, South Indian and Far Eastern fares. The interactive stations offers a special menu created by the chefs. Enjoy the staff’s impeccable hospitality.
Wine poached pears salad, House special roast chicken, Kung prik thai, Prawns in chilies and basil are some of the signature dishes that you must try. The menu has a section of homemade ice creams made from Avocado, tamarind, strawberry, banana, caramel, coffee, orange and Choco chip.
Nellaki serves sumptuous serves delight from Coorg cuisine with chief five ingredients- Kachampuli, Pepper, Bird chillies, Rice flour and Coconut. Interactive stations add zing to the casual setting and come with special menu, designed by the in-house chefs. Special delicacy- Payasa, made from Coorg’s secret health magic of Maddu soppu is a must try. Pandi (pork) curry served with Kadambuttu or rice is the other highlight. Apart from vegetarian and non-vegetarian delights, this dining venue has chutneys not only made from coconut but also from horce gram, jack fruits seeds and gingelly seeds. Along with vegetarian pickles, guests can also savor pickles made frim fish, pork, mushrooms, bitter oranges, hog plums and tender bamboo.
Some of the signature dishes such as Koli Chuttadu, Pandi Kari, Yelel Chutta Meen, Baimbale Kari, Kaad Mangae Kari and Madhu Toppu Payasa must be relished.
Overlooking Pool level and serving wellness cuisine, Dew lets you connect with your healthy self with its fresh salads, shakes, soups, sandwiches, steamed dim sums, meats, vegetables, fish and juices. Whole wheat pastas, and no-cheese pizzas are the other specialties.
Slow cooked fish, Celery and coconut broth, Thin crust no cheese pizzas, Dim sum, Selection of ice creams (done from soy milk) and Sorbet are some of the delights that one must try.
The Poolside Grill is not only a place to savor some sumptuous grills but also to treat the eyes to some stunning views of the adjoining rainforest. The dining venue serves special grilled items made from freshest of ingredients and catches. Grilled chicken marinated with local spices, Grilled Vegetables, and Roasted wild mushroom are the popular grilled specialties.
Located on the pool level, the eclectic Hive bar has finest of wine, a range of colorful cocktails and several international spirits clubbed with snacks and other apt dishes. The vibrant and chic décor is the other highlight of this lively bar. The music being played make the ambiance all the more interesting.
Ask the mixologist to prepare Chilli-Chilli-Tini for you. It is a chilly filled vodka, with lemon juice, dry vermouth and sugar syrup topped with fresh ginger. Other favorites are Jappletini (Gin with fresh lime juice), Coorg Coffee Martini, homemade strawberry puree, Curry leaf mojito, Strawberry & Basil Martini and Salamander.
Distance to Airport:
- Mengaluru International Airport- 152 km
- Mysore Junction- 124 km
Distance to Top Attractions in the Area:
- Omkareshwar temple- 8.2 km
- Abbi Falls- 12.1 km
- Raja’s Seat Mantapa- 7.1 km
- Madikeri Fort- 8.4 km
What’s better than undergoing holistic treatments amidst the lush greenery! Jiva Spa at Taj Madikeri in Coorg offers signature experiences, Yoga and meditation, Ayurveda therapies and beauty treatments with sheer opulence. One can avail following treatments and move towards a healthier lifestyle.
- Gudda Bath – This traditional bath massage makes you feel refreshed and re-invigorated.
- Samattva – It aids in releasing tension and balancing energy.
- Trupti – A gentle massage for the entire body.
- Udhanna – It uses avocado, coffee beans and rice powder to cleanse your skin.
- Vishuddi – Vishuddi involves ancient healing concoctions and Vedic chants to purify the mind and cleanse the soul and body.
- Champi – This ancient therapy is intended to promote hair growth and restore the natural shine.
- Ventoz – It is surprising to see how the vacuum created by heat in a glass is used to relieve the sore muscles and knots.
- Pada Mardana – Pamper your tired soles by giving them a relaxing massage.
- Indian Aromatherapy – This therapy uses the signature essential oils to treat your senses.
Body Scrubs and Wraps
- Aksha – Herbs are used to cleanse and exfoliate the skin.
- Posha – It works wonders for making the skin soft and supple.
- Vishuddi – It cleanses the body and leaves it with an aromatic scent.
- Abhyanga includeing Snana – Four therapists massage the entire body in a rhythmic manner. It is then followed by a bathing ritual.
- Kati Basti – Warm oil is retained in a dough made up of black gram to alleviate the aching part.
- Mukhalepa – It is a systematic facial which begins with natural herbs being applied on the face and then massage with exotic saffron oil.
- Pichu – In pichu, soft linen pads absorbed in hot medicate oil are placed on the soring parts of the body.
- Udvartana – This therapy helps in revitalizing the skin.
Yoga and Meditation
- Advanced – This yoga session involves practicing pranayama, bandha and mudra.
- Pranayama – It teaches to control the breathing.
- Hirdayakasha Dharna – A well-known method to relieve anxiety, mental tension and depression.
- Laghoo Shankhaprakshalana – One is expected to intake saline water and practice some asanas in this.
- Abhilaya – Abhilaya helps to reduce the effects of jet lag.
- Jiva Signature Facial – This facial is made from herbal products which are suited for all the skin types.
- Jamarosa Root Facial – A facial that helps you to discover the new you.
- Spa Energizing Facial – It cleanses, tightens and stimulates the skin.
- Hast Snana – A manicure session to treat your hands with something special.
- Champak Facial – Suited for sensitive or normal skin types, it helps in regaining the natural texture and vivacity.
- Ajinv – This massage provides instant relief to the foot and head.
- Dev Nidra – A rejuvenating bath comprising of salts and oils.
- Soma – The ultimate experience where you and your partner are treated with a candlelit aromatherapy and rose petal bath.
- Soundarya – It consists of nourishing scrub, wrap, aromatherapy massage and a facial.
- Svashakti – Svashakti helps you connect with your spiritual self.
Proper attention is paid while giving these treatments.
- Government-issued photo ID required at the time of check-in
- Minimum check-in age is 18 years
- Pet services not offered
- Guests above 12 years are considered as adults
- Non-Smoking rooms are available