Hurghada City in Egypt
Hurghada City is located approx. 600 km away from the capital city of Cairo and extends for 40 km on the Red Sea coast. Thus, it is blessed with many stunning beaches where you can unwind after sightseeing in the hot desert of Egypt. Scuba diving, snorkeling, deep-sea fishing, and other aquatic sports in Hurghada will fill you up with the ultimate adrenaline and make your visit to Hurghada memorable.
So, if you want to explore the best of Hurghada City, book a private guided tour to Hurghada with Indian Holiday that will include all the transfers for a smooth experience.
Overview of Hurghada City
|Location||Red Sea coast|
|Address||Red Sea Governorate, Egypt|
- Attend the Hurghada International Festival celebrated in February.
- Visit the open-air Sand Museum.
- Get an insightful glance into the local life at Bedouin Village.
- Witness the underwater life via submarine tour.
- Savor fresh and delicious seafood at Hurghada international diners.
- Get your hands on souvenirs to bring back home as mementos.
- Explore the diverse nightlife of Hurghada City.
About Hurghada City
In the late 20th century, the Egyptian Government founded a small fishing village and converted it into a coastal resort on the Red Sea. The city was a success among travelers and is still a big part of Egypt Tourism.
People who used to live there in 1913 found oil in the region but the thought of exporting it didn’t hit their minds until 1921. Now, it has become one of the vital ports in Egypt after being a small fishing port. The village was unknown back in Al-Queseir’s centuries despite having great diving spots and stunning Red Sea beaches.
Today, Hurghada features beaches, cultural places, nightlife, shopping, and much more that attract adventure travelers, families, and couples. This makes sure every traveler has a wonderful time in this resort city. There are many tourist attractions in Hurghada you can visit like Hurghada Sand Museum, Bedouin Village, Gubal Strait, and more.
Being one of the most famous travel destinations of Egypt, Hurghada offers many amazing places to stay. You can choose from the several hotels lined up on the Red Sea shores and have a comfortable stay. For luxury travelers, the best hotels in Hurghada are located around the El-Gouna district while Old Sheraton Streets has some great hotels that help you connect with the local people and see their everyday life closely. If you are in Hurghada for diving purposes, choose hotels around Sofa Bay that offer top-notch facilities.
The nightlife in Hurghada is something you cannot afford to miss. The hotels here organize Arabic dance nights on a weekly basis for the visitors to have a great time. Bars and venues mostly located on the Sheraton Road and Sahl hashish Road promise you a fun time with your loved ones. For lip-smacking food and great ambiance, visit Caribbean Bar on Al Fondok Street, located next to the Red Sea.
Before you plan your trip, remember in whichever season you visit Hurghada, cover your skin with light, breathable clothes. Wear sunscreen for the protection of your skin from direct sunlight. Also, while shopping do not hesitate to bargain with the local vendors and taxis. Bottled water is necessary to take wherever you go to stay hydrated. There are many currency exchange vendors and banks around Hurghada yet Euro and US Dollar are commonly accepted.
Interesting Facts about Hurghada City
- Hurghada was a small fishing village before it was converted into a resort city in 1980.
- Sahl Hasheesh Beach is one of the largest resorts in Egypt.
- Hurghada is home to one of the biggest marine life in the world.
- The modern part of Hurghada is divided into - El Kawsar, El Ahia, and El Helal the Northern Part, Sekalla the city center, El Dahar a.k.a Downtown and El Memsha, and a village pedestrian road.
- Senzo Mall is Hurghada’s largest shopping mall known for its international brands.
FAQs for Hurghada City
Ans: Late spring or late autumn is the best time to visit Hurghada. During these times, the weather is pleasant and you can enjoy thrilling water sports.
Ans: Hurghada is a resort city and has many stay options for couples to choose from. Here are some of the best resorts in Hurghada for couples -
- Jaz Casa Del Mar Beach
- Jaz Makadi Oasis Club
- La Maison Bleue El Gouna
Ans: You need at least 3 to 4 days for Hurghada to enjoy water sports, nightlife, shopping, and explore the best tourist attractions.
Ans: Being a coastal city, there are many things to indulge in Hurghada. For a memorable time, here are some of the best things to do in Hurghada -
- Spend time admiring the beautiful beaches of Hurghada.
- Go deep-sea fishing.
- Witness the underwater marine life while scuba diving.
- Enjoy a boat ride to Giftun Islands.
- Dive into the sites of Gubal Straits.
- Explore the desert on a jeep or quad bike.
- Enjoy diving at Gota Abu Ramada.
- Dine at Hurghada Marina.
- Enjoy Bedouin dinner tours.
- Ride on a camel into the golden desert.
- Indulge in snorkeling to witness marine life.