The Perhentian Islands are composed of three uninhabited islands as well as two main islands, Perhentian Kecil ("Lesser Perhentian") and Perhentian Besar ("Greater Perhentian"). Despite being the smallest island, Kecil is the most crowded, providing cheap lodging and more activities. Besar, on the other hand, has more resorts and welcomes honeymooners, families, and affluent tourists.
Travelers choose these islands for the most enjoyable, rejuvenating, and relaxing experience. The islands are a little expensive compared to the rest, but they are worth every penny. People love being here as they are far away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Overview of Perhentian Islands
|19 km off the north-eastern coast of West Malaysia in the state of Terengganu.
|Sunrise to sunset
- Have breakfast at the famous Panorama Divers Buffet Breakfast.
- The Perhentian Islands are famous for their fantastic diving facilities.
- Santai Restaurant, one of the most famous dining places on the Perhentian Islands, is ideal for a cold beer or cocktail after sunset.
- On Perhentian Besar and Perhentian Kecil, you can rent snorkeling gear and take advantage of a variety of breathtaking snorkeling locations close to the shore, including Teluk Pauh on Perhentian Besar.
- Enjoy camping at Teluk KK (Teluk Kiki or Teluk Keke) .
- You can go jungle trekking if you prefer to remain on dry land while visiting the Perhentian Islands.
- Explore the beauty of nature as the Perhentian Islands are the home of a giant turtle population that comes ashore to nest and lay its eggs on the beach before heading back into the ocean.
Perhentian Islands Ticket Prices
People love spending time on Perhentian Island, as there are many attractions at the site that bring tourists from all around the world. Below are some of the best places to visit on Perhentian Island:
Turtle Sanctuary Beach
You may relax on the soft white beaches at Turtle Sanctuary Beach, where clear skies and sparkling waters meet. While snorkeling, you can observe a wide variety of fish, vibrant coral reefs, sea anemones, and even tiny sharks. Bring refreshments with you because this remote beach is only accessible by water taxi and lacks any amenities.
One of the most popular tourist spots on Perhentian Besar Island is Teluk Kiki Beach. One of the most breathtaking natural settings is composed of white sand and blue lakes. Visitors swarm there in droves to take in the unobstructed view of the lake. There are numerous water activities to choose from. It can be done such as scuba diving and boat cruises.
OctoDiver Dive center
The OctoDiver Dive Center is situated on Malaysia's Perhentian Island and the Big Island's Deep Bay Beach. In 2015, the OctoDiver Dive Center on Perhentian Island was established. OctoDiver Dive Center on Perhentian Island is committed to diver safety while providing an enjoyable scuba diving experience.
The Perhentian Islands do not have any roads leading up to the site. On islands, you have to take a ferry ride or boat ride. As such, this uniqueness of the place brings people who love to explore. The tourist spot sees many families, solo travelers, groups, and friends./p>
About Perhentian Islands
The Perhentian Islands are a collection of islands in Malaysia's Terengganu state's Besut District. They are a haven of beauty filled with pristine coral reefs, pure turquoise sea, and verdant, lush forests and are a part of the National Marine Park of Pulau Redang (Redang Island). Redang Island is a fantastic place for swimming, diving, and snorkeling.
Also, Redang Island (along with the region of Perhentian Islands) was established to protect the region's diverse flora and fauna. Fishing is therefore prohibited on or near the island. The Perhentian Islands have diverse and fascinating aquatic life. The area is well-known for water sports, including diving and snorkeling—numerous diving schools on the island offer PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) certification and diving instruction to tourists.
For each dive, these schools charge about RM 100 per person. Among tourists, snorkeling is also highly well-liked. Equipment sets for snorkeling can be rented for RM 13 per day. On Besar, the best snorkeling spots are Adam's and Eve's and Turtle Bay Beach. Additionally, you can go to Turtle Bay's Turtle Sanctuary and explore it.
Seven islands make up Perhentian Island, but the two most prominent are Perhentian Besar and Perhentian Kecil. The more populated and smaller of the two islands is Perhentian Kecil. Five are vacant and uninhabited. Long Beach and Coral Bay are the two primary beaches of Perhentian Kecil.
The more oversized island, also known as Perhentian Besar, draws families and couples. While Perhentian Kecil is renowned as the beach frequented by backpackers, Perhentian Besar is more wealthy, abundant, and tranquil.
Interesting Facts about Perhentian Islands
- On Malaysia's east coast, there are two major islands known as the Perhentians (and five tiny uninhabited islands).
- The main attraction is the beaches with unbelievably clear, turquoise waters, coral reefs, and deserted white-sand bays.
- The Perhentian Islands are ideal for visitors who want to dive, snorkel, walk, relax, and get away from their daily living as the place hardly has any new-age facilities.
- On the island, there are no public roads, so the only modes of transportation are foot or water taxis.
- These uninhabited islands are ideal for engaging in eco-friendly travel pursuits.
- You can obtain your PADI certification for a reasonable price if you plan to stay longer than a few days.
- The islands close down during the monsoon, which occurs between mid-November and early February and is rainy and choppy.
Popular Malaysia Tour Packages
Malaysia Packages by Themes
Singapore Malaysia Thailand Tour Package10 N / 11 D
Singapore - Kuala Lumpur - Pattaya - Bangkok
Singapore Malaysia Tour6 N / 7 D
Singapore - Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia and Bali Tour7 N / 8 D
Bali - Kuala Lumpur
11 Days Singapore Malaysia Thailand Tour with Cruise10 N / 11 D
Bangkok - Pattaya - Putrajaya - Kuala Lampur - Genting Highlands - Singapore (Cruise) - Singapore
Kuala Lumpur with Genting Highlands Tour5 N / 6 D
Genting Highlands- Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur Genting Langkawi Tour4 N / 5 D
Kuala Lumpur – Genting Highlands – Langkawi
Wonderful Malaysia Tour6 N / 7 D
Langkawi – Penang – Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia with its Highlands3 N / 4 D
Kuala Lumpur - Genting