Located in the lap of the Great Himalayas, Kashmir is the hub of various outdoor activities. The tall mountain ranges, the green valleys, and cascading springs make Kashmir a perfect holiday destination for tourists to enjoy every aspect of the state. Nature, with all her beauty, creates spells among the tourists. After having soaked in their share of the beauty of nature, tourists can easily engage themselves in the top things to do in Kashmir, like - fishing, golfing, aero sports, water sports, and trekking.
Best Things to do in Kashmir for a Particular Season
Jammu and Kashmir have a lot to offer adventure seekers in all seasons.
As the weather is quite pleasant.in summer. So, the summer season is best for-
- Water sports
Winters are most suited for skiing on snowy ramps. April to November period is most suitable for golfing.
Come to Jammu and Kashmir to explore the numerous marvels you can see and the many adventure wonders you can do.
FAQs about Best Things to Do in Kashmir
Ans. If you are an adventure enthusiast, here are some of the exciting activities of Jammu and Kashmir to indulge in -
- Golfing - Gulmarg
- Skiing - Gulmarg
- Trekking - Kashmir Alpine Lakes Trek
- River Rafting - The Lidder river in Pahalgam
- Mountain Biking - Gulmarg to Pahalgam, Srinagar to Gulmarg, etc.
- Shikara Ride - Dal lake, Srinagar
- Wildlife Safaris - Dachigam National Park
Ans. The untouched beauty of Kashmir is the best thing. Other than that, Amarnath Cave, Vaishno Devi Temple, and Charar-e–Shariefsacredgious spots receive thousands of tourists every year. Adventure lovers have options like skiing, mountain biking, and treks like Kashmir Great Lakes Trek, Pahalgam-Kolahoi Glacier Trek, etc. Shikara ride on Dal Lake in Srinagar is a loved activity by Kashmir. Shopping for Pashmina shawls & blankets, carpets, etc., is another best thing in Kashmir.
Ans. Activities for kids in Kashmir make the trip more exciting. Here are some of the top ones -
- Enjoy a Shikara ride in Srinagar.
- Stay in a houseboat.
- Take the famous Gulmarg Gondola for splendid views.
- Try your hand at golfing.
- Relish delicious Kashmiri cuisine.
- Explore attractions in Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Srinagar, and Sonmarg.
- Take your kids shopping.
Enjoy pony rides in Pahalgam, Sonamarg, Yusmarg, and Gulmarg.
Ans. Here is a list of top attractions in Kashmir to visit on a sightseeing tour -
- Vaishno Devi
- Shalimar Bagh Mughal Garden
- Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden
- Betaab Valley
- Dachigam National Park
- Shri Amarnath Ji Cave Temple
- Pari Mahal
- Chashma Shahi Garden
- Hazratbal Masjid