The city of Nizamabad is located in the state of Telangana in the southern part of India. The district of Nizamabad is encircled by the boundaries of Karimnagar district in the East, Medak district in the South, Nandhedu district in the West and Adilabad district in the North. The district of Nizamabad was previously known as Indhrapuri or Indhur. Indhrapuri was under the rule of the Chalukya, the Tughluk Dynasty, the Golkonda Kings and the Nizam Kings. The district of Nizamabad was formed in the year 1905.
The district of Nizamabad is a rural area which produces sugarcane and rice. The city of Nizamabad is served by a national highway and a major rail line. The nearest airport from Nizamabad is at Hyderabad, which is located at a distance of about 150 kilometers southeast.
The package of Tour to Nizamabad includes many of the major places of attraction in Nizamabad. Some of the places of interest in Nizamabad are:
- Nizamabad College
- Hindu Saraswati Devi Temple
- The Fort of Indor, which was constructed by the Jains in the 10th Century. The Indor Fort lies to the southwest of the city of Nizamabad.
- Nizam Sagar Dam - a massive masonry dam spread across the Manjira River for 3 kilometers with a motorable 14 feet wide road over it.
- Ali Sagar - a huge reservoir constructed in 1931 by the Nizam, very scenic.
- Pochampadu Project - built across River Godavari, and the places worth watching are Power House, Ramalayam, Shivalayam and a mosque.
- Bodhan - is the business and industrial centre of significant historic importance.
- Pocharam Sanctuary
- Nizamabad Fort - worth watching the Jain artifacts.
- Ali Sagar Deer Park - a good picnic spot for people and is the home to many species of deer.