The town of Orchha in Madhya Pradesh is located on the banks of Betwa River. Owing to a rich history that dates back to the 16th century, Orchha offers adequate attractions to the tourists. Moreover, Orchha also provides easy access to other Cities in Madhya Pradesh that have their own set of attractions. These Excursions from Orchha have become an inherent part of the Tour to Madhya Pradesh.
The Ken River, flowing through the Wildlife Sanctuary called Panna (174 kilometers from Orchha) is the home of a species like crocodiles, turtles and a variety of fishes. The Tiger Reserve of Panna is the home of species such as the tiger, leopard, spotted deer, Sambhar. The reserve forest also exhibits as many as 300 species of birds.
Jhansi is one of the nearest Tourist Attractions in Madhya Pradesh. The place houses a Fort built in 1613 A.D. by Maharaja Bir Singh Deo of Orchha and Rani Mahal, which was the residence of Rani Lakshmibai which today, has been transformed into a museum that contains hundreds of sculptures.
- Gwalior, situated 118 kilometers from Orchha is famous for the Gwalior Fort and the Man Singh Palace.
- Khajuraho (168 kilometers from Orchha) is also famous for the Khajuraho Temple that is more than a thousand years old.
- Datia is famous for the fort of Bir Singh Deo called Gobind Mandir that resembles the one at Orchha built in the year 1626. The site lies 46 kilometers from Orchha.
- BaruaSagar, 17 kilometers from Orchha, has a fort built in 1730 by the Raja Udait Singh that stands on a beautiful lake.
- Garh Khundar, situated 30 kilometers from Orchha, also has a fort built by Bir Singh Deo of Orchha on top of the hill and a lake.
- Shivpuri, known as the old summer capital of the Scindias, has the Chhatris tombs and the Madhav National Park as its major attraction that lie 104 kilometers from Orchha.
- Deogarh and Sonagir are famous for their Hindu and Jain Temples located at the respective distances of 160 and 56 kilometers from Orchha.
Thus, the Tours from Orchha promise to provide a fascinating experience for the tourists by offering the above mentioned Sightseeing Packages from Orchha. These interesting weekend getaways from Orchha will take you two days at the most to cover all the spots.