Alchi is a small village in Ladakh amidst the natural beauty surrounded by mighty mountains and treeless meadows. Alchi is famous for Alchi Gompa which is at a distance of 67 kms from Leh. It has temples of Rinchen Lhakhang at Lotsa Lhakhang, Sumtsag Lhakhang and Jamyang Lhakhang. There are number Buddhist images and statues here. Bsides this it has wall paintings that date back to 1000 A.D. depicting the spiritual ideals of Hinduism and Buddhism.
Alchi Tour Packages
Best Alchi Holiday Packages
Leh – Thiksey – Hemis – Thiksey - Alchi
FAQs of Alchi Tours
Ans: Alchi is a small village in district of Leh in Ladakh. It is based in the Likir tehsil, on the banks of Indus River which is nearly 70 km from the capital Leh. Alchi is basically located on lowland, not on a hilltop It's a Buddhist Study Center too. Dhu-Kang temple is famous in Alchi.
Ans: The best time to visit Alchi is from May to October.
Ans: Here you don't get much choice of hotels. Some of the recommended hotels are hereunder;
- Alchi Resort – best level
- Ulley Ethnic Resort - best level
- Ulley Eco resort – Super Deluxe
- Zimskhang Holiday Home - Deluxe
Ans: You can visit Leh, Pangong, Nubra , Tso Morriri, Lamayuru etc and need minimum 7-10days or more.
Ans: You can visit Leh, Pangong, Nubra , Tso Morriri etc need minimum 7-10 days or more.
Ans: The official language is Ladakhi. It is also called Bodhi or Bhoti a Tibetan language. Other than also know English.
Ans: Please find different ways to reach Alchi.
- By Air : The nearest airport is Leh , 70 kms away from Leh airport
- By Road : You can reach Leh by bus from Srinagar which will cross Zoji La Pass , road open from June to October. Also you can go to Leh by bus from Manali, that road is open from June to September.
- By Train : There's no train station to Leh.
Ans: During summer season wear full sleeve dress, light woolens, woolen socks, caps, sunglasses, woolen gloves, windproof jackets etc.
During winter times heavy woolens, windproof jackets, socks, monkey cap, woolen gloves, Sunglasses etc.
Ans: Indian Rupees
Ans: There's no festival in Alchi, nearby areas you can celebrate the festivals. Some of the festivals are as below;
- Hemis festival
- Losar Festival
- Sindhu Darshan festival
- Dosmoche Festival
- Saka Dawa festival
- Matho Nagrang festival
- Ladakh festival
- Stok Guru festival
- Yuru Kabgyat festival
- Ladakh Harvest festival
Ans: The main shopping center is Leh. In Alchi you can get a Handicraft market in the temple comlex , can buy jewelry , Pearls , Handicraft products etc.
Ans: Alchi is famous for Trekking and Rafting.
Zanskar river and Indus river is perfect for Rafting.
You can do the Alchi-Lamayuru trekking.
Ans: Some of the points to mind as follows during Ladakh tour;
- Day 01 must acclimatize to adjust with climate and weather
- Listen to local agent's instruction properly, don't be over confident
- Don't drink and drive
- Don't take dip in lake
- Do not underestimate the mountain sickness
- Don't forget about Inner line permit which require for restricted area visit
- Do not litter
- Children below 05- 06 years not advisable for Leh-Ladakh travel , as Ladakh is in very high altitude guests face breathing problem etc. So the child at least able to express everything if any medical problem face.
Ans: In Leh you you will get so many local dishes , which you must try to taste. Some of them are listed below;
- Skyu – a kind of Soup
- Yarkhandi Pulao
- Yak Cheese Pizza
- Rogan Josh
- Tangtur – a kind of buttermilk
- Yakhni – nog veg
- Paba – a kind of bread
- Pad Thai- a noodle dish
- Har Gow- a kind of steamed dumpling
- Qahwa – An essential drink , on the day of arrival in Leh advisable to have this whole day in small quantities.
- Thukpa – A Tibetan Soup
- Butter Tea
Ans: Jabru is the main dance form in Ladakh celebrated in all festivals, Man and Woman perform this dance festival and Tibetan New year or Losar is celebrated with this JABRU dance.