People often search for Almora tour packages for many good reasons. This is one of those places that has lured travelers year after year in more and more numbers. It is also popular due to the Nanda Devi peak, Chhitai Golu temple, and Singuari. Being an excellent place to visit, Almora has always been on the top of many traveler’s lists. From picturesque destinations to offering adventurous activities; Almora is a true reflection of Uttarakhand's traditions and culture. The beautiful district of Almora encompasses two of the finest gems of Uttarakhand- Binsar, and Ranikhet. Believe it or not, this district of Uttarakhand is more than just a destination; it is a gateway to a rejuvenating land. You can come here for an unmatched vacation experience and unsurpassed spirituality. While visiting Almora you will surely rendezvous with humble and heartwarming people and inexplicable beauty all around.
You don’t have to worry about the hassle of iterating everything because we have got it covered. Check out our latest range of tour packages of Almora. From including all the major and offbeat attractions to comfortable stays, we have included everything for you. Being a scenic and romantic place, Almora also serves couples on honeymoon. This is why we have honeymoon packages to Almora in our offering. On opting for one of these places, you also unlock your chance to enjoy the option of customizing the tour package.
Explore Best Tourist Places to visit on your Almora Trip
Almora is a real gem with excellent places to visit and explore. Be it the offbeat places, diverse landscapes, temples, museums, or palaces, Almora has it all. But amongst the list of places, here are the best ones where you can visit. Here are the top places to visit in Almora.
Bright End Corner: This is a quaint destination for peace lovers. You can enjoy the serenity of this place. It's the perfect retreating place for a person.
Lake Bhalu Dam: Another serene and picturesque destination in Almora where you will find people enjoying their time.
Chitai Golu Temple: One of the most revered deities in the Kumaon region; Chitai Golu Temple is a well-known place where people visit to offer their prayers to the lord.
Govind Ballabh Museum: Fully called Govind Ballabh Museum; it is a top-notch public museum of the place.
Kasar Devi temple: Approximately 10 km from Almora; Kasar Devi Temple is a popular and renowned temple of Uttrakhand. It was originally a cave temple.
Best time to visit for Unforgettable Trip
Almora can be visited throughout the year and you will find a lot of travelers visiting here around the year. Where vacationers visit Almora during summers to get rid of the scorching heat in the plains, the adventure activity lovers and explorers visit here during winters to enjoy winter sports as well. Nature lovers find themselves lost in the mesmerizing beauty of the place during spring. So depending on your interest you can visit Almora anytime in the year.
Best Accommodation to stay on your Trip to Almora
Almora has a fairly good number of options for their travelers. This includes the government lodges as well. So here are some of the best hotels in Almora, ranging from guesthouses to retreats.
- Bansal guest house
- Hotel Shivalik river retreat
- Hotel Shikhar and restaurant
- Hotel Milam inn
- Rudra Himalayan Retreat
- Savoy hotel
- Kasar Himalaya Holiday Home
How to Reach
Almora is connected to the rest of the country by all means of transport. This pristine district has smooth connectivity by road allowing enthusiasts to take a road trip to Almora. The place is also easily accessible by air and rail. So if you are planning to visit Almora here is how you can do it.
By Air: The nearest airport to Almora is Pantnagar airport which is approximately 115 km away. Taxis are available from the airport and they can take you to the destination.
By Rail: The nearest railhead to Almora is Kathgodam which is approximately 83 km away. When you get down here taxis, cabs, and buses are available.
By Road: Almora has good connectivity with the other cities of India via road and direct buses from Dehradun and Delhi do ply every day. So you can easily keep this as one of the options.
Almora Travelling Tips
- There are a few things that one should keep in mind before embarking on their trip to Almora. This is for the safety and complete enjoyment of the traveler.
- Finding help during the night can be difficult. So if you are traveling in your vehicle try to travel during the day and if there is any breakdown you will get help.
- While traveling to Almora choose your attire properly and carefully. There are places where the temperature might rise and there are places where the temperature might dip.
- So keep a few warm clothes in your backpack and keep some layers on.
- If you think you will trek at Almora (which is another adventure activity offered here) then do arrange for gears before starting your journey.
- Do not forget to carry your emergency kit/ first aid kit. Put in other medicines whichever you think you will require.
- Put in gloves, shawls, mufflers, and caps in your backpack, and also don’t forget to pack a protective jacket.
- Do carry your identity card and all the documents related to your vehicle.
- Do have a map so that you are not lost.
- Upon arrival, ensure that you interact with the locals and enjoy the local cuisines.