Amritsar is one of the most famous cities in Punjab is it has got major religious, cultural, commercial and transportation value attached to it. It is located 25 kms from Pakistan Border at Wagah and is just 35 km from Lahore in Pakistan; it is the only land connection with Pakistan. The city is home to the famous Harmandir Sahib, popularly known as the Golden Temple. Thousands of pilgrims come to the temple all round the year from all over the world. Other major tourist attractions are Jalianwala Bagh, Gopal Mandir and several other Gurdwaras.
Amritsar Tour Packages
Temperature checking and regular screening is carried out for Hotel Staff, Guests, Drivers, and Guides.
List of Amritsar Tour Packages
Faqs of Amritsar Tour Packages
Ques: What are the famous places / tourist attractions / to see in Amritsar?
Ans:The list of the famous places in Amritsar are as below:
- Golden Temple – The most visited pilgrimage shrine in the world for the Sikh community. It is one of the holy sites of India.
- Atari-Wagah Border – It is the border of India & Pakistan and very popular for daily Parade ceremony in the evening time which is really worth to watch.
- Jallianwala Bagh - A historic garden preserved in the memory of those killed in the Massacre during the British India time.
- Durgiana Temple – A famous Hindu temple in the city.
Ques: Is there an airport in Amritsar?
Ans: Yes, Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport (ATQ) is the name of Amritsar airport.
Ques: Other airports which are nearby Amritsar?
Ans: Yes, there some which are as below:
- Pathankot Airport (IXP) – 03 hrs. drive approx.
- Ludhiana Airport (LUH) – 03 hrs. drive approx.
- Bhatinda Airport (BUP) – 04 hrs. drive approx.
- Chandigarh Airport (IXC) – 05 hrs. drive approx.
Ques: What is the name of Amritsar railway station?
Ans: Amritsar junction railway station (ASR) is the name of Amritsar railway station.
Ques: Other railway stations which are nearby Amritsar?
Ans: Yes, there some which are as below:
- Atari railway station
- Beas junctionrailway station
- Bhatinda junction railway station
- Jalandhar cityrailway station
- Ludhiana junction railway station
- Chandigarh junction railway station
Ques: How big is Amritsar city is?
Ans: In terms of land area Amritsar has 250 km square & it has the population of around 11.3 lakhs.
Ques: What are the suggested tours to visit Amritsar?
Ques: Best time to visit Amritsar?
Ans:Although you can travel to Amritsar anytime in a year but yes travel between October to March is a good time to travel any part of Amritsar as the weather generally remain cool during these months.
Ques: How many rivers are there in Amritsar?
Ans:There are two rivers in Amritsar i.e. Ravi River and Beas River.
Ques: What are the famous festivals of Amritsar?
Ans:There are different festivals that are celebrated in a grand manner in Amritsar. Please find the below list of the same:
- Baisakhi– Harvest Festival Of Amritsar
- Lohri– Winter Harvest Festival
- Basant Panchmi– Marks The Onset Of Spring
- Holi– Festival of colours.
- Karwa Chauth– Celebrate The Marital Bond
- Tikka– Celebrating Sibling-hood
- Dussehra– Celebrate as a victory of lord Rama over Ravana OR victory of good over evil.
- Diwali– The festival of light & worshipping the goddess Laxmi.
- Gurupurab– Colorful Sikh Festival
- Christmas– Celebrate on the occasion of the birth of Jesus Christ.
Ques: Languages spoken in Amritsar?
Ans:Punjabi is the most widely spoken language of the Amritsar state. Other major languages spoken here are Hindi & English.
Ques: What are the famous shopping places/markets in Amritsar?
Ans: There are some good local markets & places for shopping in Amritsar which are as below:
- Shastri Market in Amritsar.
- Hall Bazaar in Amritsar.
- Guru Bazaar in Amritsar.
Ques: Famous food & sweets of Amritsar?
Ans: There are many good things to eat in Amritsar out of these some are very popular which are as below:
- Sarso Ka Saag with Makki Ki roti.
- Different types paratha with butter.
- Amritsari Kulcha.
- Lassi or buttermilk.
- Kadai Paneer.
- Butter chicken.
- Tandoori chicken.
- Desi ghee Halwa.
- Desi ghee Jalebi.
Ques: Weather condition month wise of Amritsar?
Ans: The normal weather condition in Amritsari is as below:
- Summer : April – June
- Monsoon : July – September
- Winter : October – March
Ques: Other cities nearby Amritsar?
Ans: Cities which are nearby Amritsar are: