Amritsar is one of the most famous cities in Punjab is it has got major religious, cultural, commercial and transportation value attached to it. It is located 25 kms from Pakistan Border at Wagah and is just 35 km from Lahore in Pakistan; it is the only land connection with Pakistan. The city is home to the famous Harmandir Sahib, popularly known as the Golden Temple. Thousands of pilgrims come to the temple all round the year from all over the world. Other major tourist attractions are Jalianwala Bagh, Gopal Mandir and several other Gurdwaras.
Amritsar Tour Packages
List of Amritsar Tour Packages
Golden Triangle with Amritsar9 N / 10 D
Delhi - Agra - Jaipur – Delhi - Amritsar - Delhi
- Guided tour of Delhi which includes the sightseeing of India Gate and Qutub Minar
- Excursion to Agra and Fatehpur Sikri
- Seek blessings at Golden Temple
- Enjoy Elephant riding at Amer Fort
Himachal Tour with Amritsar11 N / 12 D
Delhi – Amritsar - Dharamshala - Manali -Shimla - Chandigarh
- Enjoy Delhi city tour
- Outing to the Golden Temple
- Guided tour of Dharamshala
- Excursion to Manali
- Indulge in adventure activities
- Delight in shopping
- Worship at Jakhoo Temple
- Visit Chail, Kufri and Naldehra
- Boat ride on Sukhna Lake
- Chandigarh sightseeing tour
Nau (9) Devi Darshan Tour7 N / 8 D
Delhi - Chandigarh - Mansa - Kangra - Dhramsala - Vaishno Devi - Amritsar - Delhi
- Darshan Maa Vaishno Devi & Mansa Devi Temple
- Visit 9 Durga Mata temples in India
- Seek blessings of Naina Devi
- Pay homage at Sheetla Devi, Chintpurni temple
- Pay obeisance at Jwala Ji & Kangra Devi temple
- Excursion to Wagah Border
- Cherish Amritsar city tour
Faqs of Amritsar Tour Packages
Ans:The list of the famous places in Amritsar are as below:
- Golden Temple – The most visited pilgrimage shrine in the world for the Sikh community. It is one of the holy sites of India.
- Atari-Wagah Border – It is the border of India & Pakistan and very popular for daily Parade ceremony in the evening time which is really worth to watch.
- Jallianwala Bagh - A historic garden preserved in the memory of those killed in the Massacre during the British India time.
- Durgiana Temple – A famous Hindu temple in the city.
Ans: Yes, Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport (ATQ) is the name of Amritsar airport.
Ans: Yes, there some which are as below:
- Pathankot Airport (IXP) – 03 hrs. drive approx.
- Ludhiana Airport (LUH) – 03 hrs. drive approx.
- Bhatinda Airport (BUP) – 04 hrs. drive approx.
- Chandigarh Airport (IXC) – 05 hrs. drive approx.
Ans: In terms of land area Amritsar has 250 km square & it has the population of around 11.3 lakhs.
Ans:Although you can travel to Amritsar anytime in a year but yes travel between October to March is a good time to travel any part of Amritsar as the weather generally remain cool during these months.
Ans:There are different festivals that are celebrated in a grand manner in Amritsar. Please find the below list of the same:
- Baisakhi– Harvest Festival Of Amritsar
- Lohri– Winter Harvest Festival
- Basant Panchmi– Marks The Onset Of Spring
- Holi– Festival of colours.
- Karwa Chauth– Celebrate The Marital Bond
- Tikka– Celebrating Sibling-hood
- Dussehra– Celebrate as a victory of lord Rama over Ravana OR victory of good over evil.
- Diwali– The festival of light & worshipping the goddess Laxmi.
- Gurupurab– Colorful Sikh Festival
- Christmas– Celebrate on the occasion of the birth of Jesus Christ.
Ans: Punjabi is the most widely spoken language of the Amritsar state. Other major languages spoken here are Hindi & English.
Ans: There are some good local markets & places for shopping in Amritsar which are as below:
- Shastri Market in Amritsar.
- Hall Bazaar in Amritsar.
- Guru Bazaar in Amritsar.
Ans: There are many good things to eat in Amritsar out of these some are very popular which are as below:
- Sarso Ka Saag with Makki Ki roti.
- Different types paratha with butter.
- Amritsari Kulcha.
- Lassi or buttermilk.
- Kadai Paneer.
- Butter chicken.
- Tandoori chicken.
- Desi ghee Halwa.
- Desi ghee Jalebi.
Ans: The normal weather condition in Amritsari is as below:
- Summer : April – June
- Monsoon : July – September
- Winter : October – March