Bhavnagaris 5th largest city of Gujarat and is also called cultural capital of the state. Pure marble post nineteenth century the Taktesh Mahadev temple is a major tourist attraction in Bhavnagar. Gandhi Smriti is another place which familiarizes the tourists with works of life of Mahatma Gandhi. Bhavnagar is must visit destination for tourists in Gujarat.
Bhavnagar Tour Packages
Best Bhavnagar Holiday Packages
Gujarat & Madhya Pradesh Tour19 N / 20 D
Delhi - Khajuraho - Jhansi - Gwalior - Bhopal - Indore - Ahmedabad - Zainabad - Rajkot - Sasangir - Mandvi - Bhavnagar - Ahmedabad - Mumbai
- Old Delhi sightseeing
- Explore Khajuraho temples
- Visit Orchha
- City tour of Gwalior
- Excursion to Sanchi
- Unveil mysteries of Bhimteka caves
- Day trip to Mandu
- Enjoy at the Rann of Kutch
- Delight in Wildlife Safari
Offer prayers at Somnath
Gujarat Cultural Tour with Diu12 N / 13 D
Ahmedabad – Dasada – Bhuj – Rajkot – Sasangir – Diu – Bhavnagar - Vadodara
Best of Gujarat With Wildlife10 N / 11 D
Ahmedabad - Bhavnagar – Diu – Gir – Rajkot – Sasangir – Junagarh – Rajkot – Bhuj – Jamnagar – Dwarka – Mumbai
Gujarat Tribal Tour with Gir13 N / 14 D
Mumbai – Vadodara – Chhota Udaipur (Chhota Udaipur)– Ahmedabad – Poshina - Zainabad – Bhuj - Wankaner – Bhavnagar - Gir – Mumbai
Colorful Gujarat Tour13 N / 14 D
Mumbai – Ahmedabad – Bhavnagar – Palitna – Diu – Gir – Wankaner – Bhuj – Ahmedabad – Mumbai
Best of Gujarat Heritage Tour8 N / 9 D
Vadodara - Ahmedabad – Jambughoda - Uthelia - Bhavnagar - Gondal – Wankaner - Ahmedabad
Central India & Gujarat Tour14 N / 15 D
Mumbai - Bhavnagar - Ahmadabad - Ujjain - Mandu - Indore - Bhopal - Gwalior - Agra / Delhi
- Mumbai sightseeing tour
- Visit UNESCO Site Elephanta Caves
- Explore Jain Temples in Palitana
- Explore charms of UNESCO City Ahmadabad
- Ujjain excursion
- Step back in the past at Mandu
- Day trip to the Maheshwar
- Pray at Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga
- Seek Sanchi for Buddha’s wisdom
- Sightseeing in Gwalior
- Visit the Taj Mahal, Agra
- Mesmerize in sights of Delhi
Explore Gujarat with Mumbai12 N / 13 D
Mumbai - Bhavnagar - Palitana - Ahmedpur Mandvi - Sasan Gir - Junagadh - Rajkot - Wankaner - Ahmedabad - Mumbai
FAQs of Bhavnagar Tours
Ans: Bhavnagar is located at the southern tip of Gujarat peninsula, and famous as the cultural centre of the state of Gujarat. It is a port city in the Western part of India.
Ans: Bhavnagar was once a port city in the Western part of India known for salt-producing, shipbuilding, and shipyards breaking along its coast. Though a small city, it is rich in historical and modern artifacts and one of the finest examples of architectural brilliance. It houses iconic monuments that originated in the 19th century.
Ans: Bhavnagar is well connected with all major cities and towns of India via air, rail and road.
- By Air: This city has an Airport which is connected with major Airports of India.
- By Train: The Bhavnagar Railway Station on the Western Railway Line is connected with other cities to reach by train.
- By Road: Bhavnagar is well connected with other cities of Gujarat by road. Ahmedabad is at approx. 220 Kms from Bhavnagar, which takes 5 hrs. drive. Rajkot is at approx. 190 Kms, Vadodara is at approx. 245 Kms, Mount Abu at approx. 440 Kms and Udaipur at approx. 500 Kms.
Ans: Bhavnagar is a port city in Saurashtra, Gujarat. Spotted with many temples, parks, lakes, and a world-wide shipbuilding center, Bhavnagar is also known as Sanskari Kendra due to its cultural integrity. There are many sightseeing places that you may visit during your stay at Bhavnagar and some of them are:
- Nilambag Palace- The palace of Nilambag, now converted into a heritage hotel, highlights the blend of western and Indian architectural style.
- Barton Library and Museum- It is a two-storeyed building, with two wings and a central tower. This is one of the oldest libraries in India, straight from the British era with a huge collection of books swarming with useful information about every nook and cranny in Bhavnagar.
- Gandhi Smriti- The Smriti has a gallery showcasing books, rare photos and memorabilia associated with the life of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Takheteshwar Temple- The temple was built in 1893 under the patronage of Maharaja Takhtasinh ji and was named after him. Built on the top of a hillock, tourists can view the whole city and the Gulf of Khambat from the temple premise.
- Victoria Park- The Park is spanning a total area of 500 acres & rich in flora and fauna.
Ans: Bhavnagar is approx. 220 Kms from Ahmedabad and one needs to drive for approx. 5 hrs.
Ans: Yes, you can visit Diu from Bhavnagar which is at approx. 180 Kms. Indian Holiday offers a tour package which includes Bhavnagar, Diu and other nearby places and this can be further customized too.
Ans: Indian Holiday will help you to book the hotels at Bhavnagar on discounted price. Some of the recommended hotels are: Nilambag Palace Hotel, The Fern Bhavnagar - Iscon Club and Resort, Efcee Sarovar Portico, VITS Aradhana Auberge.
Ans: October till March is considered as the best time to visit Bhavnagar.
Ans: Shopping in Bhavnagar is enjoyable and unforgettable experience. Gujarati embroidery, typical Jewelry, clothes and different articles, intricate woodwork and handicrafts are very famous among tourists.
Ans: There are many shopping places in Bhavnagar like Gandhi Smriti, Himalaya Mall, Arihant Handicraft etc.
Ans: Mahashivratri is one of the important festivals in Bhavnagar, which is celebrated with great gusto here especially as the Takhteshwar Temple. Navratis take place in September/October and this is a festive time in Bhavnagar.