Bomdila is a serene and calm city infested with an aura of Buddhist monastic charmsituated at an altitude of 8000 feet and at a distance of 109 kms from Bhalukpong. It is inhabited by tribes like Aka, Miji Monpa, Sherdukpen, and Bogun. Highest snow clad peaks of Arunachal Pradesh Kangto and Gorichen can be seen from Bomdila. Major tourist attractions here are monasteries, monasteries, ethnographic museum and emporium. It is an ideal tourist destination if you are a mountain lover and want to be amidst snow covered mountains and see sprawling orchids.
Bomdila Tour Packages
List of Bomdila Holiday Packages
Faqs on Bomdila Tour Packages
Ques: Where is Bomdila located?
Ans: Bomdila is small hill town and located in Arunachal Pradesh state of India. It is a high mountain pass at an elevation of 2.608 m above the sea level.
Ques: What is the best time for visit to Bomdila?
Ans: The best time for visit to Bomdila is October to March. The weather remains pleasant throughout the year except summer months from April to June.
Ques: How many days are required to visit Bomdila?
Ans: You need a minimum of 2 -3 days to visit Bomdila so that you can explore the famous Bomdila monastery, Upper and Lower Gompa Bomdila, Chilipam monastery and Craft centre & Ethnographic Museum.
Ques: What are top tourist attractions for visit in Bomdila?
Ans: The main attractions for visit in Bomdila are follows:
- Bomdila monastery
- Craft centre & Ethnographic Museum
- Upper and Lower Gompa Bomdila
- Chilipam monastery
- Bomdila war memorial and view point
- Sessa Orchid Sanctuary
- Eaglenest wildlife sanctuary
- Apple Orchid
Ques: How can I reach Bomdila?
Ans: You can reach to Bomdila by air, road and Train. Below is complete information:
- By Air: The nearest airport of Bomdila is Tezpur, which is 160 kms and you can get the flight to Tezpur via Guwahati from major cities of India.
- By Road: Bomdila is easily accessible by roadways from Tawang is Appx. 167 kms, Tezpur is Appx. 160 kms and Guwahati is Appx. 265 kms,
- By Train: The nearest railway station of Bomdila is Rangapara north railway station, which 150 kms and you can get the train from Guwahati and other places of Arunachal Pradesh.
Ques: What are nearest place for visit from Bomdila?
Ans: The nearest places for visit from Bomdila are Tawang, Dirang, Tezpur and nameri national park.
Ques: Where is can stay in Bomdila?
Ans: You can get the options of budget hotels, homestay and guest house near Bomdila Monastery and Chilipam monestry. There is not luxury hotel available in Bomdila.