Covelong is a fishing village that lies around 40 kms from Chennai. On Covelong beach one can enjoy water sports such as wind surfing and many more. Other major tourist attractions here are Dutch fort, Catholic Church and explore colorful local markets.
Covelong Holiday Packages
Best Covelong Travel Packages
Chennai - Covelong - Pondicherry - Tanjore - Madurai - Kodaikanal - Munnar - Cochin - Mararikulam - Cochin
- Glimpse of culture at Dakshin Chitra
- Sightseeing in Covelong
- Bask in French charms of Pondicherry
- Explore Chidambaram and Kumbakonam
- Full day excursion to Tanjore
- Pray at fabled temples of Madurai
- Awe at Kodaikanal
- Explore the lure of Munnar
- Cochin Sightseeing
- Beach getaway in Mararikulam
Chennai - Covelong - Pondicherry
FAQ of Covelong, Tamil Nadu
Ques: Where is Covelong Located?
Ans: Covelong is a small village located on the coastal line of the Bay of Bengal in Kanchipuram District situated in South Indian state (Province) of Tamil Nadu. On Covelong pristine beach one can enjoy water sports such as wind surfing and many more. Other major tourist attractions here are Dutch fort, Catholic Church and explore colourful local markets. It is about 40kms south of Chennai.
Ques: How to Reach Covelong?
Ans: You can reach by Road.
- Chennai approx 40kms / 1hr
Nearest main Railway Station :
- Chennai approx 32kms / 55min
- Tambaram approx 21kms / 30min
Nearby Important tourist destinations:
- Chennai approx 40kms / 1hr
- Mahabalipuram approx 20kms / 30min
- Kanchipuram approx 77kms / 1½hrs
Ques: How is the weather in Covelong and Best time to visit Covelong?
Ans: The best time to visit Covelong is during winter. During summer the temperature rises to 36 degrees and it is hot. During rainy season heavy showers are expected. Winter is the best time to visit and enjoy the Sea & Nature at Covelong.
Ques: Which are the places of visit or activities to enjoy in Covelong?
Ans: The best activity is to spend time, relax and enjoy the beach of Covelong. The other attractions are as below:
- Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple is located at 4kms from Covelong Beach. The main deity here is Varaha, the boar avatar of Lord Vishnu.
- The Madras Crocodile Bank Trust and Centre for Herpetology is a Reptile Zoo which is located at 5kms from Covelong Beach.
- Dr.Arun's Photography and Vintage Camera Museum is located at 3kms from Covelong Beach. It is a place for Camera lovers. A private collection of Dr.A.V. Arun consists more than 1500 Antique and vintage cameras.
- Chennai the Capital city of Tamil Nadu state is 40kms from Covelong. A metropolitan city consisting of beaches, temples, Sea Port, museums, monuments, shopping etc etc.
- Kanchipuram another major city know for temples & Kanchipuram Silk sarees. It is 77kms from Covelong Beach.
- Mahabalipuram know for beaches, rock cut caves and carved temples. It is 22kms from Covelong Beach