Dehradun Tour Packages help you explore the various tourist attractions of the capital city of Uttarakhand. Nestled amidst the Himalayas and the Shivaliks, and Rivers Ganges and Yamuna, Dehradun is a picturesque hill station of Uttarakhand state. Dehradun experiences a moderately pleasant climate round the year, and hence can be visited anytime. Dehradun Tour Packages helps you to get fascinated by the unique charm of this beautiful destination on your tour to Dehradun.
Some of the well-known tourist destinations in and around Dehradun are the six museums at Forest Research Institute, the 18th century Office of Survey of India, the museum at Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, the Tapkeshwar Mahadev Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, etc. You can also visit the nearby famous hill station Mussoorie.
You can also witness the different fairs and festivals celebrated in Dehradun with our exclusive tour packages. The annual Shivratri Fair is celebrated at the Tapkeshwar Mahadev Temple joyously. In the Lakhawar village, the Lakhawar Fair is celebrated in September/October.
If you have a penchant for adventure, then be at the ski resort at Auli near Dehradun providing excellent facilities for skiing like cable car, Ski lift, chair lift, snow-beaters, etc. The valley of flowers, Har-ki-Doon, Dodital, and Pindari glacier are splendid trekking routes from Dehradun. You to enjoy these adventurous activities during Dehradun tour packages.
Best places to visit Dehradun during your vacations
Dehradun is a paradise and a popular hill station. There are many amazing best places to visit in and around Dehradun. Here is the list of top sightseeing places in Dehradun.
- Robbers cave (Gari Cantt.)- It is a beautiful Rocky River cave locally known as Gucchu Pani. Located at 8km from Dehradun.
- Buddha Temple (Clement town) - It is known for its beautiful architecture, intricate interiors, and peaceful surroundings.
- Sahasradhara - These sulfur-rich hot water springs are renowned for their medicinal and therapeutic properties.
- The Forest Research Institute – It is an institute of the Indian Council of Forestry Research. Nestled in the backdrop of Doon Valley, this institute has a beautiful sprawling campus.
- Mussoorie - Situated at 35 km from Dehradun, Mussoorie is a popular hill station and it is nestled in the lap of the Himalayas.
- Mal Devta - This quaint little place is a paradise for the nature lovers.
- Mindrolling monastery - Boast of magnificent interiors, the huge stupa, large prayer rooms, and exquisite gardens, Mindrolling Monastery offers an amazing view of the town.
- Clock tower and city market - The tower comprises a gold plate and is engraved with the names of the freedom fighters. City Market is one of the popular shopping destinations which is located near Clock Tower.
- Rajaji National Park and Tiger Reserve - This is one of the oldest national parks in India and home to some of the exotic species of wildlife.
Best time to visit Dehradun for a Memorable Trip
The mesmerizing hill station of Dehradun you can be visited throughout the year. Summers season starts from April and ends in June. It is the ideal time for all sightseeing and other activities. While the winter season which is from November to March offers a pretty cool climate and is an enjoyable time for family & friends in Dehradun. Snowfall can be enjoyed only at very high altitudes. The region experiences monsoon season from July to October and on the other hand, it is perfect for short trips and also good for enjoying the natural scenic beauty.
Temperature in Dehradun
- Winter (December to February) have a maximum of 22 °C and a minimum of about 3 °C.
- Summer (March to June) have a maximum temperature of 35 °C and a minimum of 17 °C. Most of the tourists prefer this period for visiting Dehradun as it is best for adventure and sightseeing.
- Autumn (October to November), is good for enjoying the natural beauty as the regions turn burnt red with lively shades of gold.
Explore famous market in Dehradun
Some of the major Shopping Places of Dehradun are Paltan Bazaar, Indira Market, and Tibetan Market etc.
Accommodation options in Dehradun
Dehradun is sprawling with a plethora of hotels, resorts, and guest houses. Indian Holiday offers tour packages for Dehradun inclusive of sightseeing and accommodation. There are a variety of hotels available from luxury to economy and can arrange as per guest’s request like Ramada by Wyndham, Lemon Tree, The Solitaire, Hotel Madhuban, etc.