Dirang is at a distance of 165 kms from Tezpur, Assam. Dirang in Arunachal Pradesh is famous for hiking and trekking adventure activities. Major tourist attractions are sub-divisional natural hot springs, 500 years old Buddhist Kalachakra Gompa known for its magnificent architecture and trek through the 'Dirang Monpa' tribal village. Visit to Dirang will definitely be a step closer to nature.
Dirang Holiday Packages
Temperature checking and regular screening is carried out for Hotel Staff, Guests, Drivers, and Guides.
List of Dirang Holiday Packages
Faqs of Dirang Tour Packages
Ques: Where is Dirang located?
Ans: Dirang is a small village in West Kameng District of Arunachal Pradesh State of India. It stands at an altitude of 1560 mtrs.
Ques: Why should you visit Dirang?
Ans: You must visit Diranga because it is a beautiful and a small town of Arunchal pradesh. Dirang serves as a gateway to Tawang and it is famous for the biggest Buddhist Monasteries in India. Dirang lies almost in the mid distance of Tezpur to Tawang, it serves a perfect night stay destination for people continuing to Tawang.
Ques: Which are the top tourist attractions in Dirang?
Ans: Here is the list of top tourist attractions in Dirang are below:
- Hot water spring – It is situated in Tawang. It is famous for its curative powers.
- National Yak Research and Breeding Centre at Nigmadung - this research centre can be visited by tourist with prior permission.
- Dirang Dzong or Dirang Fort – It was built in the 17th century to protect Bomdila from the neighbouring states. The fort was used as a jail during the world war period. It is located atop a hill and comprises of four storied fortified stone slabs that are supported by wooden logs.
- Thembang Dzong - The Thembang Village is a 12th century old fortified village sits at an altitude of 2300m. The construction of the Dzong and its gates follows the tradition the Monpa people, which includes composite stone masonry and wood architecture.
- Kalachakra Gompa – It is a 500 years old monastery and 07 kms away from Dirang.
Other places of interest are Apple and Kiwi orchards, Sheep Breeding Farm and Sangti Valley where Siberian black necked storks visit during winters.
Ques: How is the weather in Dirang and best time to visit?
Ans: Dirang has relatively low altitude compared to other towns of Arunachal Pradesh being in the valley. However it is still relatively colder in Dirang with minimum temperature falling beyond Zero and in minus. Summers are the best time to visit Dirang which are pleasant and you can also visit from the month of March to October.
Ques: why is Dirang famous for?
Ans: Dirang is mainly popular as gateway stop to visit Tawang, but Dirang has its own small valley charm with many places of interest in and around Dirang.
Ques: How far is Tawang from Dirang?
Ans: Tawang is 138kms from Dirang and it takes approx. 06 hrs minimum to reach Tawang.
Ques: What kind of accommodation that one can find in Dirang?
Ans: Dirang is still not very high on demand among tourists as it is a very secluded village and very few travellers chose to undertake traveling to this part of North eastern which is a relief from overly crowded touristic places. You can find here basic neat & clean accommodation – which you can term as 1 to 3* star hotels and guest houses available in Dirang.
Ques: Which is the Nearest airport to Dirang?
Ans: The nearest airport to Dirang is in Tezpur (TEZ), at a distance of 190 Kms, in Assam State of India. But you may not find many flights to this airport from other cities of India.
The most connected nearest railway station to Dirang is Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport at Guwahati, which is about 351 kms from the town.
Ques: Is there any railway station near Dirang?
Ans: The nearest railway station is located at Tezpur at a distance of about 193 kms from Dirang.