Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim and it is one of the most famous hill stations in North East India. Indian Holiday offers a wide range of Gangtok tour packages for families with which you will get an opportunity to explore the majestic beauty of this amazing place. Snuggled in the lush greenery of the Himalayas, overlooking the snow-capped Mt. Kanchenjunga (third highest peak in the world), Gangtok is blessed with the paradisiacal beauty. Delve into the mesmerizing beauty of the pristine lakes, snow-capped mountains, lush green valley, and make your trip memorable. Book Gangtok holiday packages and avail a huge discount. With us, you can experience the serenity of this place and make the memories of a lifetime.
Gangtok Tour Packages
Gangtok Holiday Packages
Gangtok - Lachen - Lachung - Yumthang Valley - Gangtok
- Enjoy a cable car & yak ride in Gangtok
- Visit Monastery, Waterfalls, Lakes, valleys in North Sikkim Tour
- Excursion to Tsomgo, Gurudongmar Lake & Harbhajan Singh Temple
- Visit Buddhist Lachung Monastery
Darjeeling (2N) - Gangtok (3N)
- Explore Monastery in Gangtok Darjeeling trip
- Enjoy Toy Train ride in Darjeeling
- Yak ride at Tsomgo lake in Gangtok
- Sunrise view of Tiger Hill at Darjeeling
- Visit Baba Harbhajan Singh temple in Gangtok
Gangtok - Lachung – Yumthang – Gangtok - Darjeeling
- Visit colorful Yumthang Valley
- Yak ride at Tsomgo Lake, Gangtok
- Visit tea estates & Monestery of Darjeeling
- Visit Lachung Monastery
- Enjoy Toy Train ride in Darjeeling
Darjeeling - Gangtok
- Pay homage at Enchey & Rumtek Monastery, Gangtok trip
- Enjoy yak raide at Tsomgo Lake in Gangtok honeymoon package
- Enjoy Toy train & cable car ride at Darjeeling tour
- A sunrise at Tiger Hill in Darjeeling
|1||Bagdogra/ NJP- Darjeeling||Grace Hotel & Spa||Deluxe|
|2||In Darjeeling||Grace Hotel & Spa||Deluxe|
|3||In Darjeeling||Grace Hotel & Spa||Deluxe|
|4||Darjeeling - Gangtok||Golden Crescent||Deluxe|
|5||In Gangtok||Golden Crescent||Deluxe|
|6||In Gangtok||Golden Crescent||Deluxe|
|7||Gangtok– IXB/ NJP||-----------||Deluxe|
All transfer and sightseeing by Non AC TATA Sumo/WagonR/ Similar with all India Tourist permit on point to point basis only.
Darjeeling (2N) - Gangtok (2N)
- Enjoy a cable car ride in Darjeeling and Gangtok tour
- Enjoy Toy Train ride in Darjeeling tour
- Explore Monastery in Gangtok
- Sunrise view of Tiger Hill at Darjeeling
- Yak ride at Tsomgo Lake in Gangtok tour
|1||Bagdogra/ NJP- Darjeeling||Grace Hotel & Spa||Deluxe||N/A|
|2||In Darjeeling||Grace Hotel & Spa||Deluxe||Breakfast|
|3||Darjeeling - Gangtok||Golden Crescent||Deluxe||Breakfast|
|4||In Gangtok||Golden Crescent||Deluxe||Breakfast|
|5||Gangtok– IXB/ NJP||-||-||Breakfast|
- All transfer and sightseeing by Non AC Tata Sumo/ WagonR/ Similar with all India Tourist permit on point to point basis only.
Gangtok – Pelling – Darjeeling
- Vist Ghoom Monastery at Darjeeling
- Cable car ride at Gangtok
- Excursion to Tsongmo lake, Nathu La pass, Baba Harbhajan Singh Temple in Gangtok
|Destination||Budget Hotels||Standard Hotels (3*)||Number of Nights|
|Gangtok||Sai Residency||Woodberry Hotel & Spa||03|
|Pelling||The Pemaling Residency||Olive Hotel & Spa||02|
|Darjeeling||Hotel Yuma||Wonder Woods Hotel||02|
- Airport / hotel transfers + Drives as per the itinerary by Non Air – Conditioned Sumo/ Similar.
- Gangtok Sightseeing by Non Ac Van.
Darjeeling - Kalimpong - Pelling - Gangtok
Darjeeling- Kalimpong- Pelling - Gangtok
Darjeeling - Kalimpong - Gangtok
- Vist lush tea estates of Darjeeling
- A day's trip to Mirik lake
- Sunrise view of Tiger Hill at Darjeeling
- Visit to Durpin Monastery at Kalimpong
- Visit Baba Mandir & Yak ride at Tsomgo Lake, Gangtok
Gangtok - Lachen - Yumthang Valley - Lachung - Gangtok
Gangtok - Kalimpong - Darjeeling
- Explore the ‘land of monasteries’, Gangtok
- Enjoy yak or mule ride along Tsomgo lake and adore its serenity
- Shop at Directorate of handicraft and handlooms emporium, Gangtok
- Visit important places of interest in Kalimpong including fascinating Pine view nursery
|Destination||Budget Hotels||3* Hotel||Number of Nights|
|Kalimpong||Garden Reach||Park Hotel||01|
|Gangtok||Sai Residency||Udaan Woodberry Hotel & Spa||02|
|Darjeeling||Hotel Yuma||Wonder woods Hotel||02|
- Airport / hotel transfers + city tour + Drives as per the itinerary by Non Air – Conditioned Tata Sumo.
- Gangtok City Tour by Mini Van.
Kolkata - Darjeeling - Gangtok
Kalimpong - Gangtok- Darjeeling
Darjeeling - Pelling - Gangtok
Darjeeling - Kalimpong - Pelling - Gangtok - Lachung - Yumthang - Gangtok
Gangtok - Lachung – Gangtok - Pelling - Darjeeling - Phuentsholing – Thimphu - Paro
Delhi – Darjeeling – Tonglu – Garibas – Sandakphu – Phalut – Rammam – Rimbik – Pelling – Yuksom – Martam – Gangtok – Delhi
Delhi - Gangtok - Khamdong - Tarku - Ravangla - Legship - Pemayangtse - Yuksom - Bakhim - Dzongri - Yuksom - Darjeeling
Delhi - Varanasi -Bodhgaya - Patna -Kolkata - Bagdogara - Darjeeling - Pelling (Pemayangtse)- Gangtok - Kalimpong -Bagdogra – Delhi
A beautiful mix of natural beauty history, spirituality, adventure, romance, delightful food, shopping and more, Gangtok is truly appealing to explore. Highlights of Gangtok packages include the view of golden sunrise at the Mt. Kanchenjunga, forests of multi-hued rhododendrons in bloom, frozen lakes, waterfalls, etc. The best sightseeing spots covered in Gangtok tours include the Rumtek Monastery, Enchey Monastery, Ranka Monastery, Do Drul Chorten Stupa, Institute of Tibetology, etc. The city is also dotted with a number of Hindu pilgrimage centers. The ropeway ride and a visit to Temi Garden are ranked among best things to do in Gangtok.
Gangtok also serve the base for a visit to the frozen Tsomgo Lake (Changu Lake), Baba Harbhajan Singh temple, Rumtek Monastery, Hanuman Tok, Nathula Pass, Kanchendzonga and Zoological National Park. Bask in the bliss of North East Himalayas our exclusive Gangtok holiday packages by Indian holiday.
Faqs of Gangtok Tour Packages
Ques: Where is the Gangtok located?
Ans: Gangtok is a beautiful city and the capital of Sikkim. It is situated in the eastern range of Himalaya at a height of 1650 meter in the state of Sikkim.
Ques: Why Gangtok is famous?
Ans: Gangtok is a capital and the largest town of Sikkim state of Northeast India. It is famous for its panoramic beauty, charming hills & pleasant environment.
Ques: Does Gangtok have snow?
Ans: Yes, but snowfall in Gangtok is not common. There are some places where you can experience snowfall in Gangtok like Tsomgo Lake, Kupup Lake, Lachung, Lachen, Yumthang and Zero Point receives heavy snowfall during the winter months. So, if you want to enjoy snow then winter is the best time to visit Gangtok.
Ques: Do I require any permit to visit Tsomgo Lake?
Ans: Yes, you need to fill Protected Area Permit (PAP) form for this which we will provide you after booking the Gangtok tour. Then we will submit the same to get the approval for you.
Ques: Are solo foreigners/NRI travelers can visit Tsomgo Lake?
Ans: As per the rules, solo foreigners and NRI travellers cannot get permission to visit the Tsomgo Lake. There should be at least 02 persons required to get the permit for Tsomgo Lake.
Ques: How many days require to cover Gangtok?
Ans: It will take 2- 3 days to cover beautiful Gangtok. It is the perfect span to explore the enchanting beauty of this place.
Ques: Is there an airport in Gangtok?
Ans: Yes, Pakyong airport is the name of Gangtok airport with an IATA code "PYG". But it has limited flight connections.
Ques: Which airport is convenient to reach Gangtok?
Ans: You can arrive at Bagdogra airport (Code "IXB"), which is around 140 kms away. It will take approximately 4.5 hrs. It offers good flight connections.
Ques: What is the best time to visit Gangtok?
Ans: The best time to visit Gangtok is during summer and winter season. From April till June, the weather remains pleasant and from October till March the region experiences cold weather. From July till September there is a monsoon season in the region and tourist activity remains lean.
Ques: Can you suggest the best places to visit in Gangtok?
Ans: Gangtok is one of the top most tourist places in Sikkim. Here are the best places to visit in Gangtok.
- Tashi View Point: It is a place on a hill from where you can see a scenic view of Gangtok at an altitude of 6000 ft.
- Hanuman Tok: A Hindu temple dedicated to lord Hanuman, it is maintained by Indian army.
- Namgyal Institute of Tibetology: It is a museum showcasing the art & culture of Tibetans.
- Do Drul Chorten Monastery: It is a Buddhist temple in Gangtok, in which Do-drul Chorten is a stupa, which was built in 1945.
- Enchey Monastery: It is one of the oldest and most important monasteries in Gangtok, it is believed to be the first formal monastery of Gangtok.
- Ganesh Tok: It is a Hindu temple at a hilltop with picturesque view point. The temple dedicated to lord Ganesha.
Ques: Does guide is required to visit Tsomgo Lake?
Ans: Yes, now it is mandatory to have a guide to visit Tsomgo Lake for foreigners/NRI traveller.
Ques: Is a foreigner/NRI traveller can visit Baba Mandir?
Ans: Foreigner, NRIs and Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) are not allowed to go Baba Harbhajan Singh Mandir as it is a restricted area controlled by Indian army.
Ques: Which railway station is convenient to reach Gangtok?
Ans: You can arrive at New Jalpaiguri junction railway station (NJP), which is around 125 kms. I will take approximately 4.5 hrs. It offers good connections with the other cities of India.
Ques: What is the land area of Gangtok?
Ans: Land area of Gangtok is 19.2 square kilometres with a population of around one lakh.
Ques: What are the other popular cities I can visit along with Gangtok?
Ans: Northeast India is one of the most popular tourist destinations and is being thrived by a large number of travellers. You can plan a tour to Gangtok and along with other popular cities namely Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Pelling, Lachung, Lachen, Yumthang etc.
- Darjeeling - Darjeeling is a largest town in West Bengal state. Darjeeling is another nearby city at 100 km from Gangtok and you can drive easily. You can enjoy a toy train ride, ropeway journey, Teesta rafting, tiger hills, tea plantations, and monastery.
- Kalimpong - It is a famous hill station of West Bengal. It is located near Teesta River. You can easily drive to Gangtok from kalimpong is 77 Km away.
- Pelling - Pelling is beautiful and quaint place. From where you can easily drive to Gangtok, traveling a distance of 135 Km. in Pelling; you can explore Kanchenjunga Falls, Khecheopalri Lake and Pemayangtse Gompa etc.
- Lachung - Lachung is a mountain village close to the Tibetan border of Sikkim.
- Lachen - Lachen is a small town in North Sikkim district. It is famous for Monastery and natural beauty.
- Yumthang - Yumthang Valley also known Sikkim Valley of Flowers sanctuary. It is famous for hot springs, yaks and Rolling Meadows.
Ques: Do you provide Gangtok Family Tour Packages?
Ans: Yes, We offer Gangtok Family Packages available from all over India including Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata, etc. and also customized Gangtok tours as per client's requirement.
Ques: How far is Darjeeling from Gangtok?
Ans: This is another beautiful hill station in North-Eastern India. The distance between Gangtok and Darjeeling is 100 Km. It takes about 4 hours of scenic drive to reach Darjeeling from Gangtok.
Ques: How to reach Gangtok?
Ans: Gangtok does not comprise its own airport and railway station. The nearest airport is in Bagdogra which is situated 124 km and the nearest railway station is New Jalpaiguri which is located at 148 km. There are regular buses plying from the nearby region for Gangtok and people can get here without any hassle.
Ques: How's shopping in Gangtok?
Ans: Some of the most famous things that you should definitely buy during your Gangtok tour are handicrafts, Sikkim tea , shimmering jewellery, locally made artifacts, Tibetan carpets, alpine cheese, black cardamom, and other traditional outfits.
Ques: Weather in Gangtok?
Ans: Please find the below general idea of weather condition:
- Summers April to June 18°c - 25°c
- Monsoon July to Sep 06°c - 15°c
- Winter Oct to March 02°c - 07°c