Embark on a journey to Hampi in Karnataka to explore the historical monuments and ancient temples. Our Hampi tour packages let every kind of tourist, whether a history buff or an architecture lover, explore the nooks and corners of this UNESCO World Heritage Site in Karnataka. From religious monuments to monolithic sculptures, ruins of royal residencies to 7th and 8th-century temples, and natural rock formations to skilled workmanship, there is a lot to explore and see on your Hampi tour.
With Hampi tour packages, you will get the opportunity to visit the renowned Group of Monuments at Hampi that are known for their rich history and exquisite architecture. A visit to Hampi will take you into the bygone era and let you experience how even ruins can be so mesmerizing. This prehistoric city is dotted with numerous ruined temples complexes from the erstwhile Vijayanagara Empire. Some of the best places you can visit on your Hampi tour are 7th-century Hindu Virupaksha Temple, Vithala Temple, Queen’s Bath, Hazara Rama Temple, and more.
If you are a keen traveler, an architecture admirer, or a history buff, our Hampi travel packages cater to all kinds of travelers and their needs to make their Hampi holiday memorable. Book Hampi packages and get excellent services like assisted tours, delectable meals, comfortable stays, and incredible sightseeing tours. We also offer the facility of customization with which you can modify the itinerary as per your convenience and requirements. An exciting Hampi trip awaits, so embark on a journey by booking tours with us.
Best Places to Visit on Your Hampi Tour
Hampi is one of the most visited historical places in India due to its ancient monuments. Belonging to the erstwhile medieval Hindu Kingdom of Vijayanagara, there are numerous tourist attractions you can include in your Hampi tour package. For a memorable experience, here are some of the must-visit places on your Hampi trip-
Famous Temples to visit in Hampi
Numerous temples in Hampi are known for their magnificent architecture and legends. Here are some of them which you can include in your Hampi sightseeing itinerary -
- Virupaksha Temple: Listed among the UNESCO World Heritage Sites, visit Virupaksha Temple on Hampi tour noted for its architecture.
- Vithala Temple: This temple is dedicated to an incarnation of Lord Vishnu where you can see the famous stone chariot.
- Yantrodharaka Hanuman Temple: Include this 500 year old temple in your Hampi itinerary that is believed to be the place where Sri Ram and Hanuman had met for the first time during the Ramayana period.
- Lakshmi Narasimha Temple: The gigantic stone structure at this temple is the largest monolithic statue in Hampi you will see.
- Hemakuta Hill Temple Complex: Explore the temples at Hemakuta Hill, which belong from from the 9th to 14th century.
- Achyutraya Temple: Visit this beautiful temple is devoted to a configuration of Lord Vishnu.
- Hazara Rama Temple: Head to the 15th century Hazara Rama Temple that is said to be the private place of worship of the Royal family.
Apart from this, you can also include Hampi Bazaar, Hippie Island, and Daroji Bear Sanctuary in your Hampi package.
Must-Visit Historical Sites in Hampi
Go back to ancient times by visiting the historical sites in Hampi on your tour. History buffs and avid photographers will love these sites as they are splendidly built and speaks tales of the times gone by. Some of the top historical sites you can visit during your Hampi sightseeing tour are -
- Queen’s Bath: Visit Queen’s Bath that boasts one of the best architectural works you will ever see.
- Elephant Stables: Once used for parking royal elephants, visit Elephant Stables to see the Islamic style of architecture.
- Lotus Mahal: You will love the lotus shape of this historical site in Hampi that exemplifies a multi-layered design.
- Monolithic Bull: Witness this extensive piece of ancient architecture places in a two-storey pavilion.
- Palace of Vira Harihara: Visit this historical site if you want to see a regal structure that conjures the grandeur and royal lifestyle of the Vijayanagar kings.
- Old Palace: Also called Gagan Mahal, explore this 16th-century palace that is still amongst the worthiest places in Hampi.
Best Time to Book Hampi Tour Packages
Hampi experiences intensely hot summers and thus, October to February is the best time to book Hampi tour packages for an enjoyable holiday experience. The weather in winter in Hampi is pleasant and you can explore the prominent heritage and historical sites and temples comfortably. If you want to book affordable Hampi tours, then off-season i.e. summer and monsoon will be a great time.
How to Reach Hampi for a Memorable Trip
Hampi is a major city in Karnataka and thus, is well-connected to major Indian cities by air, rail, and road. The nearest airport to Hampi is Belgaum airport, located at a distance of around 263 km. Bangalore Airport is also located 362 km from Hampi. You can get direct flights to Hampi from Delhi and Mumbai. You can also take a train to Hospet, located approx. 13 km from the heritage city. Taxis and buses can be availed from outside the airport and railway station to reach Hampi. The city is connected to Bangalore and other major cities of Karnataka by road. You can take KSRTC buses run regular buses from Hospet to Hampi.
Accommodation in Hampi for a Comfortable Stay
Hampi is flocked by many tourists and therefore, there are many places to stay in Hampi during your tour. You will find quite a few accommodation options that will make your stay comfortable. Also, the location of the place you choose will make your trip a lot more exciting. Thus, you can choose to stay on the according to your budget and requirements, location, and the availability of facilities. Here are some of the stay options in Hampi you can choose in the Hampi tour package -
- WelcomHeritage Shivavilas Palace, Hampi
- Heritage Resort Hampi
- Hampi Boulders Resort
- Kishkinda Heritage Resort
- Leo Wooden Resort
- Stay Chill Hampi