Itanagar, the capital of Arunachal Pradesh is situated on top of low flat hills in the area of 2500 acres and at an altitude of 350 meters. It is also called ‘Land of Dawnlit Mountains’ and is surrounded by mountains. This region is dominated by Tibetan culture. Major tourist attraction is the Buddhist temple consecrated by Dalai Lama as a holy place. Besides this other tourist attractions are Ganga Sekhi Lake, Pachin River, Sengkhi Hydel Project, Polo Park, Zoo and Jawaharlal Nehru State Museum which has unique collection of musical instruments, archeological discoveries, handicrafts, woodcarvings, cane goods and textiles of Arunachal Ptradesh.
Itanagar Tour packages
List of Itanagar Holiday Packages
Faqs of Itanagar tour packages
Ques: Where is Itanagar located?
Ans: Itanagar is the capital of the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh, a region of North East India. It is located north of the Brahmaputra river.
Ques: Why is Itanagar famous for?
Ans: Itanagar is the capital of Arunachal Pradesh and it is famous for Tibetan architecture and a variety of Tribal cultures. Itanagar named after Ita Fort which was constructed during the Ahom dynasty in 15 Century CE.
Ques: How to reach Itanagar?
Ans: You can reach to Itanagar by Air, by Train and by road as below:
- By Air: Lilabar is the nearest airport, which is 70 kms from Itanagar. You can get the connecting flight from all major cities via Guwahati.
- By Train: Nearest railway station of Itanagar are Harmuti railway station in Assam, which is 35 kms and Naharlagun railway station in Arunachal Pradesh, which is 15 kms from Itanagar town.
- By Road:Itanagar town is very well connected by road from nearest places of Arunachal Pradesh region.
Ques: What is the climate in Itanagar?
Ans: The climate condition is varying between dry, mild winters, warm and wet summer due to humid Subtropical climate.
Ques: What is the best time to visit Itanagar?
Ans: The best time to visit Itanagar is winter season from November to February and temperature is varying from 25 to 30 degree Celsius.
Ques: What are the best places to visit in Itanagar?
Ans: Itanagar is a treasure trove of tribal culture and Tibetan architecture. The region is a paradise for the nature lovers and comprises several famous tourist attractions the best places to visit in Itanagar are below:
- Ita Fort – It is one of the most important historical monuments of Arunachal Pradesh. The fort was built by bricks and is an architectural marvel that guarded the kingdom for years.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Museum – It is the state museum of Arunachal Pradesh and established in 1980. It is famous for showcasing the rich tribal culture of the state.
- Indira Gandhi Park – It is a recreational park that is famous among families. This is the Greenspace for festival celebrations.
- Gompa Buddhist Temple – It is a Buddhist pilgrimage center and a renowned tourist spot.
- Ganga Lake (Gekar Sinyi)– It is beautiful and natural lake and surrounded by a landmass of hard rock. It is hot panic spot and recreation hub for local people.
Ques: What is thins to do in Itanagar?
Ans: You can enjoy the adventure activities like – wildlife safari in Itanagar wildlife sanctuary, Namdapha national park, Angling and rafting.
Ques: What I can buy in Itanagar?
Ans: Itanagar is famous for Tibetan Handicraft and Thangkas painting (Buddhist painting). Also you can buy shawls, local attire, wood carving and carpets.
Ques: What is the budget is require for stay in Itanagar?
Ans: In Itanagar, you can get the deluxe to budget category hotels from INR 2000 to INR 8000 per night and depend upon on your own budget.