Kalpa is a picturesque town in Himachal Pradesh nestled in valley along the Sutlej River. This town is known for its apple orchards, the surrounding peaks pine and deodar forests.Most famous tourist attraction here is Kinner Kailash popularly known as parbat of Lord Shiva locted at the height of 6500 metres above sea level.The trek up to the peak is a delightful experience.
Kalpa Tour Packages
Temperature checking and regular screening is carried out for Hotel Staff, Guests, Drivers, and Guides.
Kalpa Holiday Packages
Manali - Banjar Valley – Shoja - Sangala - Kalpa ( Nako) - Kaza - Ki Kibber, Langza Village - Kaza - Chandra Tal Lake - Manali - DelhiTrip Highlights
- Ride your bike to Hamta Valley
- Explore Shoja
- Visit Kamru Fort
- Hangout with locals at Sangala
- Enjoy a bike ride to Kalpa
- Visit scenic villages en route
- Excursion to Key Monastery
- Take a tour of a gompa in Kibber
- Outing at Chandra Tal
- Drive on Kunzum Pass
Shimla – Sarahan - Sangla – Kalpa - Tabo – Kaza – Ki Kibber – Kaza - Chandertal Lake – Keylong - ManaliTrip Highlights
- Ride your bike to Sarahan
- Explore Kamru
- Drive to Kalpa
- Reach Kaza on your bike
- Visit Tabo monastery
- Excursion to Key monastery
- Savor views of the Gaya peak
- Ride your bike towards Chandra Tal
Chandigarh – Shimla – Narkanda – Sarahan – Sangla – Chitkul – Kalpa – Nako – Tabo – Kaza – Chandertal lake - ManaliTrip Highlights
- Explore attractions of Shimla
- Worship at the Bhima Kali temple
- Visit Rackcham and Chitkul
- Excursion to Kamru village
- Guided tour of Nako Monastery
- Tabo sightseeing trip
- Marvel at the Dhankar Monastery
- Day trip to Kibber
- Admire the beauty of the Chandra Taal
- Take a tour of Beas Kund
FAQs for Kalpa Tours
Ques: Where is Kalpa located?
Ans: Kalpa is in Sutlej River Valley, a village in the Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh, famous for its Apples Orchard. It stands at an elevation of 2960 mtrs above sea level and is located at the base of Kinnaur Kailash snow-capped ranges.
Ques: Why is Kalpa famous?
Ans: Kalpa is famous for its picturesque valley, mountain slopes, evergreen forests, its meadows and snow covered peaks. Also, the abundance of Apple Orchards, and Chery trees make it set apart from other similar valleys.
Ques: How do you reach Kalpa?
Ans: Due to its location, the drive to the valley is very long and arduous owing to the hilly road conditions.
- By Air: Major nearest city airport located is in Shimla at a distance of 223 kms / 6.5 hrs.
- By Rail: Nearest railway station is Kalka railway Station. From Kalka Station you can board Toy train to Shimla. Stay overnight for next day drive to Kalpa.
- By Road: By Road it is accessible from Shimla and Sangla.
Ques: What are the places to visit in Kalpa?
Ans: Kalpa is a tiny hamlet, snuggled in the lap of the Himalayas. This beautiful village of Kinnaur comprises several tourist attractions. The popular tourist attractions in Kalpa are:
- RECKONG PEO (2670M): Located 13 km from Kalpa, Reckong Peo is headquarter of district Kinnaur.
- KOTHI: Just 3 km from Recong Peo, Kothi has a temple dedicated to the goddess Chanadika Devi. Set against a backdrop of mountains and the deodars, the temple has an unusual architectural style and fine sculpture. An exquisite gold image of goddess is enshrined in sanctum.
- Roghi Village - It is a place where you can witness and enjoy the ethnicity and traditions of people of Kalpa. A small village located at a distance of 6-7 km. from Kalpa, it is famous for its simple lifestyle and customs of Himachal Pradesh.
- Hu-ba-lan-kar Monastery – An age old monastery and Buddhist temple which is located on the way to the Narayan Nagini temple in the narrow alley of Kalpa Village. It is almost 3000 years old with a chorten in its front courtyard.
- Narayan Nagini Temple - A perfect example of Kinnauri craftsmanship, this temple is constructed in traditional Tibetan Pagoda style of architecture. Situated on the top of a hill at Chini Village, this temple is one of the major attractions of the village and a must visit.
Ques: How is the weather in Kalpa and which is the best season to visit Kalpa?
Ans: Being at high altitude of 2960 metres, Kalpa receives heavy snow fall during winter months i.e; from November to February.
The best time to visit Kapla is between March and October. March and October are still colder compared to other summer months but days are sunny which makes it nice to visit. You should avoid visiting this place in Monsoon due to heavy rainfall.
Ques: Can I witness snowfall in Kalpa?
Ans: During winters and snowfall months some roads might get blocked, hence it is not a winter destination to view snowfall. You can get in touch with Indian Holiday consultants to advise you the best places to experience snowfall.
Ques: Are there nice hotels available in Kalpa?
Ans: Yes, there are hotel options available in Kalpa ranging from guest house to 3* star deluxe standards. Contact IHPL tour representative to book suitable resorts / hotels / camps etc.