Katra is located on the foothills of the Trikuta Mountains in the Himalayas is the one of the most religious cities in Jammu and Kashmir. This is the closest halt for the devotees coming to the shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi, one of the most respected deities of Hinduism. Katra draws a huge number of devotees though out the year.
Katra Tour Packages
Best Katra Holiday Packages
Delhi - Chandigarh - Mansa - Kangra - Dhramsala - Vaishno Devi - Amritsar - DelhiTrip Highlights
- Darshan Maa Vaishno Devi & Mansa Devi Temple
- Visit 9 Durga Mata temples in India
- Seek blessings of Naina Devi
- Pay homage at Sheetla Devi, Chintpurni temple
- Pay obeisance at Jwala Ji & Kangra Devi temple
- Excursion to Wagah Border
- Cherish Amritsar city tour
Faqs on Katra Tour Packages
Ques: Why is Katra famous for?
Ans: Katra is a town of Jammu & Kashmir and it is famous for temple of Goddess Maa Vaisho devi. Every year thousands of tourists travel to this hoy shrine.
Ques: What is the best time for visit to Katra?
Ans: Vaishno devi temple is open for pilgrim throughout the year and the best time for visiting Katra or Vaisno devi temple is from March to October.
Ques: How Many days are required to visit Katra and Vaishno Devi temple?
Ans: For visit to Katra or Vaishno devi temple we will suggest at least 3 days, where you will spend 2 days for travelling to Katra and return and one day to visit Vaishno devi temple either by 14 kms trek or by Helicopter (subject to weather condition) to Sanjhi Chattar and then 4 kms trek to Maa Vaishno Devi temple.
Ques: How to reach Katra?
Ans: Katra is accessible by air/ train and road as below:
- By Air: Jammu airport is the nearest airport of Katra, which is 60 kms by road. Jammu is well connected by airport from all major cities of India.
- By Train: Jammu railway stations is the nearest railway station for Katra. You can get the train connections to Jammu from all major cities of India.
- By Road: Katra is well connected by road via Jammu. You can get the regular road transport between Jammu and Katra.
Ques: What are the top tourist attractions in Katra?
Ans: The Top attractions for visit in Katra are as follows:
- Mata Vaishno devi temple
- Banganga temple
- Bhairo baba temple
- Nau devi temple
- Dera Baba Bonda
Ques: What are the best places near Katra?
Ans: The best places near Katra are Maa vaishno devi temple, Patnitop, Jammu, Srinagar, Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Kangra, Dharamsala and Amritsar.
Ques: What are the options of hotels in Katra?
Ans: You can get Deluxe to Budget category hotels in Katra as per your budget. You can choose good hotels such as Ganpati hotel Katra, Hotel White, Country Inn, and Hotel Rama Trident etc.
Ques: What are Katra tour packages & nearest places?
Ans: Indian Holiday is offering options of tour packages for Katra or Vaishno devi temples as follows: