Khimsar is located Bikaner and Jodhpur, perched on the edge of Great That Desert and has extreme desert climate. Famous for Khimsar Fort built in 16th century, visit to this fort gives exhilarating experience. Peacocks, pigeons and parrots and as many as forty-six varieties of birds greet you to add to the charm and splendor of this ancient fort unlike any other desert in the world. IHPL offers tour packages to savour the tranquility of the That Desert in Khimsar.
Khimsar Holiday Packages
Temperature checking and regular screening is carried out for Hotel Staff, Guests, Drivers, and Guides.
List of Khimsar Holiday Packages
Delhi – Jaipur – Samode – Nawalgarh – Bikaner – Gajner – Jaisalmer – Osian – Khimsar – Manvar – Jodhpur – Rohet – Mount Abu – Udaipur – Dungarpur – Deogarh – Ajmer – Pushkar – Pachewar – Ranthambhore – Agra – Delhi
FAQs of Khimsar Tours
Ques: How many days are sufficient to visit Khimsar?
Ans: If you have a short span of time, you can visit Khimsar in 2 to 3 days from Jodhpur, Bikaner etc., but if you want to explore other tourist attractions along with Khimsar, you need 8 to 10 days.
Ques: What is Khimsar famous for?
Ans: Khimsar is famous for Khimsar Fort built in 16th century. Visit to this fort gives an exhilarating experience. Peacocks, pigeons, parrots and more than forty-six varieties of birds greet you to add to the charm and splendor of this ancient fort unlike any other desert in the world. Also Khimsar is famous for desert safari and camel safari.
Ques: What is the best time to visit Khimsar?
Ans: Khimsar is located at the Thar Desert, therefore winter season (October to March) is the best time to visit Khimsar including other part of Rajasthan.
Ques: What are the other most popular places around Khimsar?
Ans: Khimsar is a tiny settlement snuggled on the edge of the Thar Desert in Rajasthan. There are several tourist places located in the proximity of Khimsar. The famous places around Khimsar are as below:
Ques: Which is the railway station to reach Khimsar by train?
Ans: Nearest railway station is Nagaur which is 44 Kms from Khimsar, however major railway junction is Jodhpur, which is connected all the major cities in India like Delhi, Mumbai, Ajmer, Jodhpur, Udaipur and other part of Rajasthan state.
Ques: Is there any airport in Khimsar?
Ans: The nearest domestic airport is Jodhpur which is 95 Kms 2.5 hrs drive approx. There are several flights operate from here to Jaipur, Delhi, Mumbai, Udaipur etc.
Ques: What are the good hotels in Khimsar?
Ans: Khimsar is famous for Khimsar Fort, which has been converted into a heritage hotel. So these are two hotels available in Khimsar:
- Welcomhotel Khimsar Fort & Dunes
- Khimsar Sand Dunes Resort
Ques: What are the nearby cities from where you can travel to Khimsar?
Ans: The main nearest cities from where you can travel to Khimsar:
- Jaipur: Jaipur is the capital of Rajasthan and it is known as Pink City. Jaipur is 280 kms. from Khimsar. Main sightseeing pleases in Jaipur are Amer Fort, City Palace, Jal Mahal, Jaigarh Fort, Hawa Mahal, Observatory etc.
- Jodhpur: Jodhpur is at 100 kms and 2.5 hrs. drive approx. from Khimsar. The royal city of Rajasthan is fondly called as 'Blue city'. The main attractions of the this city are Mehrangarh Fort, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Moti Mahal, The Jaswant Thada, Mandore Gardens etc.
- Bikaner: Located at a distance of 155 kms. from Khimsar. Bikaner city has a large number of tourist attractions like forts and palaces that reflect its historical importance. The increasing popularity of Bikaner as a tourist destination has also skyrocketed the demand of Bikaner tour packages. The most popular festival in Bikaner is camel fare and Akshay Tritiya.