Khimsar is located Bikaner and Jodhpur, perched on the edge of Great That Desert and has extreme desert climate. Famous for Khimsar Fort built in 16th century, visit to this fort gives exhilarating experience. Peacocks, pigeons and parrots and as many as forty-six varieties of birds greet you to add to the charm and splendor of this ancient fort unlike any other desert in the world. IHPL offers tour packages to savour the tranquility of the That Desert in Khimsar.
Khimsar Holiday Packages
More about Rajasthan
List of Khimsar Holiday Packages
Delhi - Agra - Jaipur - Samode - Mandawa - Khimsar - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Udaipur - DelhiTrip Highlights
- Explore Delhi
- Visit Taj Mahal
- Excursion to Fatehpur Sikri
- Enjoy a ride to Amber Fort
- Sightsee havelis in Mandawa
- Explore Khimsar Sand Dunes
- Guided tour of Jaisalmer
- Enjoy at Mehrangarh Fort
- Explore Ranakpur Jain Temples
Day trip to Udaipur
Delhi – Churu – Khimsar – Nimaj – Ranakpur - Dungarpur – Chittorgarh – Bundi - Sawai Madhopur – Tehla - DelhiTrip Highlights
- Guided tours in Delhi
- Churu Heritage Walk
- Bishnoi Village tour
- Visit Ranakpur Jain temple
- Visit Chittorgarh Fort
- Guided tours in Bundi
- Tour to the Ranthambore National Park
Delhi – Jaipur – Samode – Nawalgarh – Bikaner – Gajner – Jaisalmer – Osian – Khimsar – Manvar – Jodhpur – Rohet – Mount Abu – Udaipur – Dungarpur – Deogarh – Ajmer – Pushkar – Pachewar – Ranthambhore – Agra – DelhiTrip Highlights
- Delhi sightseeing tour
- Delicious lunch at Neemrana Fort
- Spend some time at Chokhi Dhani, Jaipur
- Feel bliss exploring Jaipur
- Tour to Samode Palace
- Admire the Nawalgarh Fort
- Game drive at Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary
- Excursion to gems of Jaisalmer
- Camel safari in Sam sand dunes
- Visit temples in Osian
- Bishnoi Village tour
- Manvar sightseeing tour
- Meet avifauna species at Rohet
- Witness the charm of Jodhpur
- Discover the fine Dilwara Jain Temples
- Visit Ranakpur Jain Temples
- Boat ride on Pichola Lake
- Udaipur city tour
- Traverse the heritage realms of Dungarpur
- Visit the Deogarh Fort
- Quick trip to Ajmer and Pushkar
- See the age old temples of Pachewar
- Jeep safari in Ranthambore
- Embracing the architecture of Fatehpur Sikri
- Shopping spree in Agra
- Photograph the Taj Mahal
Delhi - Neemrana – Mandawa – Bikaner - Deshnok – Khimsar – Jaisalmer – Jodhpur – Ranakpur - Udaipur - Dungarpur - Chittorgarh – Bijaipur - Roopangarh - Jaipur - Fatehpur Sikri - Agra - DelhiTrip Highlights
- Visit the iconic sites of Delhi
- Village tour of Rajasthan
- Discover the mansions of Mandawa
- Try the different delicacies of Bikaner
- Buy souvenirs from the local markets
- Visit the marvels of Jaisalmer
- Camel ride in Sam sand dunes
- Spiritual tour to Karni Mata Temple
- Visit the Ranakpur Jain Temples
- Udaipur city tour
- Get stunned by Chittorgarh Fort
- Hold close the beauty of Taj Mahal
- Fatehpur Sikri guided tour
FAQs of Khimsar Tours
Ques: How many days are sufficient to visit Khimsar?
Ans: If you have a short span of time, you can visit Khimsar in 2 to 3 days from Jodhpur, Bikaner etc., but if you want to explore other tourist attractions along with Khimsar, you need 8 to 10 days.
Ques: What is Khimsar famous for?
Ans: Khimsar is famous for Khimsar Fort built in 16th century. Visit to this fort gives an exhilarating experience. Peacocks, pigeons, parrots and more than forty-six varieties of birds greet you to add to the charm and splendor of this ancient fort unlike any other desert in the world. Also Khimsar is famous for desert safari and camel safari.
Ques: What is the best time to visit Khimsar?
Ans: Khimsar is located at the Thar Desert, therefore winter season (October to March) is the best time to visit Khimsar including other part of Rajasthan.
Ques: What are the other most popular places around Khimsar?
Ans: Khimsar is a tiny settlement snuggled on the edge of the Thar Desert in Rajasthan. There are several tourist places located in the proximity of Khimsar. The famous places around Khimsar are as below:
Ques: Which is the railway station to reach Khimsar by train?
Ans: Nearest railway station is Nagaur which is 44 Kms from Khimsar, however major railway junction is Jodhpur, which is connected all the major cities in India like Delhi, Mumbai, Ajmer, Jodhpur, Udaipur and other part of Rajasthan state.
Ques: Is there any airport in Khimsar?
Ans: The nearest domestic airport is Jodhpur which is 95 Kms 2.5 hrs drive approx. There are several flights operate from here to Jaipur, Delhi, Mumbai, Udaipur etc.
Ques: What are the good hotels in Khimsar?
Ans: Khimsar is famous for Khimsar Fort, which has been converted into a heritage hotel. So these are two hotels available in Khimsar:
- Welcomhotel Khimsar Fort & Dunes
- Khimsar Sand Dunes Resort
Ques: What are the nearby cities from where you can travel to Khimsar?
Ans: The main nearest cities from where you can travel to Khimsar:
- Jaipur: Jaipur is the capital of Rajasthan and it is known as Pink City. Jaipur is 280 kms. from Khimsar. Main sightseeing pleases in Jaipur are Amer Fort, City Palace, Jal Mahal, Jaigarh Fort, Hawa Mahal, Observatory etc.
- Jodhpur: Jodhpur is at 100 kms and 2.5 hrs. drive approx. from Khimsar. The royal city of Rajasthan is fondly called as 'Blue city'. The main attractions of the this city are Mehrangarh Fort, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Moti Mahal, The Jaswant Thada, Mandore Gardens etc.
- Bikaner: Located at a distance of 155 kms. from Khimsar. Bikaner city has a large number of tourist attractions like forts and palaces that reflect its historical importance. The increasing popularity of Bikaner as a tourist destination has also skyrocketed the demand of Bikaner tour packages. The most popular festival in Bikaner is camel fare and Akshay Tritiya.