Kolkata, where the Victorian structures stand with grace and are encircled with admirers, has emerged as a metropolitan city of India. Kolkata was earlier known as Calcutta, and this is where the taste of Bengal is savored. Kolkata tour packages take you through this hi-tech city where you enjoy the shopping, choices of food and hundreds of entertainment options that make Kolkata tour a preferred tourist destination.
Kolkata Tour Packages
Best Kolkata Holiday Packages
Kolkata Darjeeling Gangtok Tour6 N / 7 D
Kolkata - Darjeeling - Gangtok
Spectacular Sunderbans (Wildlife Special)5 N / 6 D
Kolkata – Gothkhali - Sunderbans- Gothkhali - Kolkata
Discover Wonderful Northeast11 N / 12 D
Kolkata – Guwahati – Balukpong – Dirang – Tawang – Bomdila – Nameri – Jorhat – Kolkata
Enchanting Nagaland Tour14 N / 15 D
Kolkata - Dimapur - Kohima - Khonoma - Kohima - Touphema - Kaziranga - Guwahati - Kolkata
Ganges Heritage Cruise Tour4 N / 5 D
Kolkata – Bandel – Kalna – Mayapur – Murshidabad
Heritage of North East with Orissa12 N / 13 D
Kolkata – Guwahati – Kaziranga – Jorhat – Kolkata – Bhubaneswar – Puri – Kolkata
Sunderbans Luxury Cruise4 N / 5 D
Kolkata - Namkhana - Sunderbans - Kolkata
Serene Andaman Tour7 N / 8 D
Kolkata - Port Blair - Ross Island – North Bay Island – Havelock Island - Mount Harriet - Kolkata
Short Escape to Sunderbans2 N / 3 D
Sundarbans National Park - Kolkata
Angling & Rafting in Arunachal17 N / 18 D
Delhi - Guwahati - Bhalukpong - Itanagar - Pasighat - Panging - Yembung - Oyanghat - Dibrugarh - Kolkata - Varanasi - Agra - Jaipur - Delhi
River Ganges Heritage Cruise5 N / 6 D
Kolkata - Chandannagar - Mayapur -Murshidabad - Kolkata
Eastern Arunachal Tribal Tour9 N / 10 D
Delhi - Kolkata – Dibrugarh - Roing - Tezu – Hayulaing – Miao - Namdapha National Park - Delhi
East India Wildlife Tour13 N / 14 D
Delhi - Kaziranga - Kalimpong - Kolkata - Sundarbans
Wonderful West Bengal Tour13 N / 14 D
Delhi - Kaziranga - Kalimpong - Kolkata - Sunderbans
Ganga Sagar by Vivada Cruise1 N / 2 D
Kolkata - Ganga Sagar - Kolkata
River Sutra - Antara Luxury River Cruise
Kolkata - Kalna - Shantipur - Kolkata
Maya on the Ganga - Antara Luxury River Cruise3 N / 4 D
Kolkata - Kalna - Mayapur - Shantipur - Kolkata
Sunderban Heritage Cruise by Vivada2 N / 3 D
Kolkata - Sundarban - Kolkata
The city reflects a mash-up of ancient and spiritual India and the European Era. Often Kolkata is regarded as the Intellectual and Cultural Capital of India. This 350-year old metropolis situated along the eastern coast of India. It is the capital of West Bengal.
The iconic structure of Kolkata, the Victoria Memorial is built entirely of white marble. It was built in the 20th century in the memory of Queen Victoria. Today, it has turned into a popular museum. In the evening, several people gather to have a merry-time with family. On the family tour, one can enjoy outdoor games, Tonga rides or horse rides. Other such architectural landmarks in the city are Metropolitan Building, General Post office, and Marble Palace.
People of Kolkata consider spiritualism as a crucial aspect of lifestyle. So, you must also not miss the popular religious places on Kolkata trip, like Dakhineshwar Temple, Birla Mandir, Nakhoda Masjid, Calcutta Jain Temple, ISCKON Temple, and Kalighat, to name just a few. Kolkata sightseeing also includes famous attractions like Fort William, Belur Math, Howrah Bridge, Birla Planetarium, Indian Museum, and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
There are so many options for a weekend trip from Kolkata. In the proximity of Kolkata, there are so many famous tourist attractions. Tajpur is one of the most tranquil places which is situated 100 km from Kolkata. This secluded place houses some of the most beautiful beaches. This place is quiet and isolated that it should be on the top of the list of the weekend trips near Kolkata. If someone wishes to spend some time alone or some quality time with their loved ones then they should visit this place. Other nearby places are Botanical Garden, Sonajhuri Forest, Jhargram, and Hooghly Riverfront.
Kolkata awaits your visit and Indian Holiday is there to make your journey worthwhile. Browse through the list of Kolkata tour package and select the one best matching your interest.
Faqs of Kolkata Tour Packages
Ans: Kolkata is the capital of West Bengal. Also known as the City of Joy. It is located in eastern part of India linearly along the banks of Hooghly river. It was the Capital of India during the British time.
Ans: Kolkata is the capital of West Bengal and is regarded as a 'Culture Capital of India'. Boasts of palaces, museums, planetariums, libraries, and sports grounds, Kolkata has a rich cultural heritage. This place is renowned for its diverse history, delectable cuisines, colonial structures, and handmade Sarees.
Ans: The best time to visit Kolkata is from October to February.
Ans: You need 2 - 3 days to cover all the major attractions in Kolkata. If you include Darjeeling in your tour then you must need to add 2 or 3 more days.
Ans: You can get all kind of hotels from economy to 5*star and international hotels. Some of the recommended hotels are hereunder.
3*Star hotels in Kolkata
- The Senator
- Hotel Lytton
- Hotel Pride
4*star hotels in Kolkata
- Fern Residency
- Hotel Park Prime
- The Peerless inn
- The Kenilworth
5*star hotels in Kolkata
- ITC Sonar Bangla
- Taj Bengal
- JW Marriott
Ans: The most important places to visit Kolkata and near areas are as follows;
- Victoria Memorial – It's a Marble palace dedicated to Queen Victoria. It's a pride of Kolkata and this museum is an important tourist spot.
- Belur math – It is head quarter of the Ramakrishna math and Mission founded by Swami Vivekananda. The architecture shows the unity of all religion of Hindu, Muslims, Christian etc.
- Howrah Bridge – Howrah Bridge is the main connection between Howrah district and Kolkata district. It is the world's third-longest cantilever bridge without any nut and bolts and made by steel.
- Birla Planetarium – It is Asian Largest Planetarium, made in the design of Buddhist stupa of Sanchi.
- Science city – It is the largest science museum in the World and can learn science in a very Fun way.
- Dakkhineshwar Temple – It's situated in Dakhineshwar on the bank of river Hooghly. Maa Bhavatarini is worshiped in the temple and it is holy sacred place for Hindus.
- Mother House – It is the place where Mother Teressa lived and worked. After her death her body was kept in a tomb in this house to rest.
- Jorasanko Thakur Bari – It is the place where the Noble winner Rabindra Nath Tagore was born, now it's become Rabindra Bharti Museum and Rabindra Bharti University located adjacent to it. It's become a most important tourist attractions to see Tagore's writings, letters, Rooms, personal belongings, paintings etc.
- Eden Garden – It is the largest cricket stadium in India and 2nd Largest cricket Stadium in the World.
- Eco Tourism Park – It is the largest urban park in India, surrounded by water body and the beauty of this park is very charming.
- St. Paul's Cathedral Kolkata – It is the first cathedral in India by the British Empire.
Ans: You can visit nearby places of Kolkata you can drive easily by road are:
- Ganga sagar
- Jaldapara National park
There are other good tourist places can be combined with Kolkata as follows by using Train /by Air ;
- Puri, Odisha
- Bhubaneshwar, Odisha
- Darjeeling, Westbengal
- Gangtok, Sikkim
Ans: Official languages are Bengali and English. People understand and can speak Hindi also. People from separate states settle in Kolkata so multi language spoken here.
Ans: Kolkata is well connected to other cities by different modes of transportation such as by air, road, and Train. Below is the list:
- By Air: There are daily flights to Kolkata from all major cities of India. It has an International airport also.
- By Road: Kolktata is well connected by bus from neighboring main cities /states of Durgapur, Ranchi, Patna, Puri, Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack ,
- Darjeeling, Sunderban, Shantiniketan etc.
- By Train: Howrah and Sealdah railway station are the main rail head to the city. There are direct trains to Kolkata from major cities in India.
Ans: Kolkata is a very modern city you can wear anything, so there's not restriction in dresses. Traditional dresses for Men are Dhuti Kurta, Pajama and ladies wear sarees. But you can also see the people are wearing jeans, tops, skirts, shirts etc. however, because of hot and humid weather especially during the summer months it is recommended to wear cotton clothes.
Ans: Kolkata is a paradise for food and Bengalis are very passionate about food. Fish recipes are very famous, so must try to taste some fish recipes from Authentic restaurant. Kathi rolls are very famous as street food in Kolkata so don't forget to taste the same and off course Kolkata is super popular for its Bengali Sweets which you cannot miss out – popular ones are Rosogolla, Sandesh and misti Dahi etc.
Ans: As souvenir or to gift someone you must take the followings;
- Conch Bengals (Shankha)
- Terracotta items
- Taant Sarees, Kantha Sarees, Swarnachari/Baluchari sarees
- Juite products
- Sholapith handicrafts
- Darjeeling Tea
- Kalighat paintings
Ans: Kolkata is the "City of Joy", people celebrated lots of festivals throughout the year. Among those most important festival of Kolkata is Religious and cultural are:
- Saraswati Puja
- Diwali –Kali puja
- 25th Baisakh (Birthday of Ravindra Nath Tagore)
- Kolkata International Cinema Festival
- National Theatre Festival
- National Children'sTheatre Festival
Ans: Yes, there are scheduled departure for CRUISE which cover number of places of West Bengal. The most important cruise company is "VIVADA CRUISE".
Ans: Different types of Greetings used in Kolkata as per the religion. As majority of population is Bengali in Kolkata, the best Greeting is "NAMASKAR", in the morning time can wish/Greet "SHUBHA SAKAL", in the evening can greet "SHUBHA SHANDHYA".
Gents, who are older than you , greet as "DADA" and those are younger than you , greet as "Bhai".
Ladies, who are older than you , greet as "DIDI" and those are younger than you , greet as "Bon".