Lamayuru is a village situated at a distance of 127 kms from Leh and is known for Lamayuru Monastery located on steep hill between Kha-la-che and Bodhkharbu. This monestry had originally five blocks but only central building exists now. 150 monks following Red-Hat sect of Buddhism live here. Masked dances are performed here during annual festival which held on 17th and 18th day of the 5th month of the Tibetan lunar calendar. This fair is major tourist attraction and attracts tourists from all over world.
Lamayuru Tour Package
Best Lamayuru Holiday Package
Ladakh Tour from Manali10 N / 11 D
Manali - Keylong - Sarchu - Leh - Nubra – Leh- Lamayuru - Kargil - Srinagar
FAQs of Lamayuru Tours
Ans: Lamayuru is a small village located Leh District between Kargil and Leh, situated along the Leh-Srinagar highway . The famous Lamayuru festival held here in the Lamayuru monestary. Its located in Khalsi Tehsil.
Ans: The best time to visit Lamayuru is from May to September.
Ans: There's very few hotels in Lamayuru, some of the hotels are as below;
- Dragon hotel & Guest house
- Hotel Moonland
- Hotel Niranjana
Ans: Please find the places visit in Lamayuru and around.
Lamayuru Monestary – The attraction of this region is Lamayuru monestary , The monastery also has a small temple dedicated to Avalokiteshwara, reflection of concern of all Buddhas.
There are 50 small monasteries under this complex and there are 500 monks are registered in this Monestary administration.
Moonland – It is near to Lamayuru, the landscape of this area is like moon, also known as fondly.
In fullmoon night the view of this area make it so extraordinary, make it a must visit place in the town.
Uletokpo – The most beautiful and serene place, want to stay in a peaceful place, Lamayuru is the ideal place. This place is so beautiful and peaceful, one must come here to relax from regular busy life.
Ans: You can visit Leh, Pangong, Nubra , Tso Morriri etc need minimum 7-10days or more.
Ans: The official language is Ladakhi. It is also called Bodhi or Bhoti a Tibetan language. Other than also know English.
Ans: Please find different ways to reach Lamayuru.
- By Air : The nearest airport is Leh , 125 kms away from Leh airport
- By Road : You can reach Leh by bus from Srinagar which will cross Zoji La Pass , road open from June to October. Also you can go to Leh by bus from Manali , that road is open from June to September. From Leh can get local cabs.
- By Train : There's no train station to Leh.
Ans: During summer season wear full sleeve dress, light woolens, woolen socks, caps, sunglasses, woolen gloves, windproof jackets etc.
During winter times heavy woolens, windproof jackets, socks, monkey cap, woolen gloves, Sunglasses etc.
Ans: Indian Rupees
Ans: The most important festival in Lamayuru is Lamayuru festival , Yuru Kabgyat , the victory of Good over evil.
Nearby areas you can celebrate the festivals. Some of the festivals are as below;
- Hemis festival
- Losar Festival
- Sindhu Darshan festival
- Dosmoche Festival
- Saka Dawa festival
- Matho Nagrang festival
- Ladakh festival
- Stok Guru festival
- Ladakh Harvest festival
Ans: Lamayuru is famous for Trekking , biking, mountain climbing and Rafting.
Zanskar river and Indus river is perfect for Rafting. You can do the Alchi-Lamayuru, Chadar Trek, Stok-Kangri trek.
Ans: Some of the points to mind as follows during Ladakh tour;
- Day 01 must acclimatize to adjust with climate and weather
- Listen to local agent's instruction properly, don't be over confident
- Don't drink and drive
- Don't take dip in lake
- Do not underestimate the mountain sickness
- Don't forget about Inner line permit which require for restricted area visit
- Do not litter
- Children below 05- 06 years not advisable for Leh-Ladakh travel , as Ladakh is in very high altitude guests face breathing problem etc. So the child at least able to express everything if any medical problem face.
Ans: In Leh you will get so many local dishes , which you must try to taste. Some of them are listed below;
- Skyu – a kind of Soup
- Yarkhandi Pulao
- Yak Cheese Pizza
- Rogan Josh
- Tangtur – a kind of buttermilk
- Yakhni – nog veg
- Paba – a kind of bread
- Pad Thai- a noodle dish
- Har Gow- a kind of steamed dumpling
- Qahwa – An essential drink , on the day of arrival in Leh advisable to have this whole day in small quantities.
- Thukpa – A Tibetan Soup
- Butter Tea