Located in the north-west region of India, Punjab is popular as one of the most prosperous and lively states. It is well-known as a religious, natural as well as historical tourist destination because of a number of famous spots and sites including Wagah Border, Golden Temple (Harmandir Sahib), Jallianwala Bagh, and several other such attractions. Primarily an agricultural state, it is known for its colorful culture, vibrant music and dance, crafts and lip-smacking cuisine. Indian Holiday offers Punjab Tour Packages so that you can discover its every specialty.
Punjab Tour Packages
Best Punjab Holiday Packages
Delhi - Agra - Jaipur – Delhi - Amritsar - DelhiTrip Highlights
- Guided tour of Delhi which includes the sightseeing of India Gate and Qutub Minar
- Excursion to Agra and Fatehpur Sikri
- Seek blessings at Golden Temple
- Enjoy Elephant riding at Amer Fort
Delhi – Amritsar - Dharamshala - Manali -Shimla - ChandigarhTrip Highlights
- Enjoy Delhi city tour
- Outing to the Golden Temple
- Guided tour of Dharamshala
- Excursion to Manali
- Indulge in adventure activities
- Delight in shopping
- Worship at Jakhoo Temple
- Visit Chail, Kufri and Naldehra
- Boat ride on Sukhna Lake
- Chandigarh sightseeing tour
Delhi - Chandigarh - Mansa - Kangra - Dhramsala - Vaishno Devi - Amritsar - DelhiTrip Highlights
- Darshan Maa Vaishno Devi & Mansa Devi Temple
- Visit 9 Durga Mata temples in India
- Seek blessings of Naina Devi
- Pay homage at Sheetla Devi, Chintpurni temple
- Pay obeisance at Jwala Ji & Kangra Devi temple
- Excursion to Wagah Border
- Cherish Amritsar city tour
Delhi - Manali - Kullu - Shimla - Chandigarh - DelhiTrip Highlights
- Delhi city tour
- Excursion to Solang Valley
- Day trip to Manali
- Explore Naldhera, Kufri and Chail
- Visit attractions in Shimla
- Enjoy at Chandigarh
Chandigarh - Kangra - ChandigarhTrip Highlights
- Guided tour of Chandigarh
- Worship at Naina Devi Temple
- Seek blessings at Sheetla Mata Temple
- Visit Jwalamukhi Temple
- Pay homage at Chintpurni Temple
- Bow down at Baglamukhi Temple
- Darshan at Chamunda Devi Temple
- Feel the bliss at Brijeshwari Temple
Delhi – Shimla - Kufri – Manali - Rohtang Pass - Dharamshala - Dalhousie - ChandigarhTrip Highlights
- Enjoy at Kufri
- Visit Rohtang Pass
- Explore attractions of Manali
- Excursion to Dharamshala
- Guided tour of Dalhousie
- Treat yourself to the astounding vistas
FAQs of Punjab Tours
Ques: What are the popular cities of Punjab?
Ans:Punjab is a treasure trove of rich culture, heritage and history. People can get the glimpses of the traditional beauty of the state in all the cities. However, the popular cities of Punjab are:
Ques: What are the famous monuments/places as per their location to visit in Punjab?
Ans: There are many historical monuments and heritage places in the state. The list of famous places are as below:
- Golden Temple – A very famous Sikh pilgrimage site in India, which is considered as the most visited place
- Atari-Wagah Border – Border between India & Pakistan, famous for daily Parade ceremony
- Jallianwala Bagh – A historic garden preserved in the memory of those killed in the Massacre
- Durgiana Temple – A famous Hindu temple in the city of Amritsar
- Rock Garden – A sculpture garden in Chandigarh.
- Sukhna Lake – This Lake is a reservoir at the foothills of Shivalik range of the Himalayas.
- Devi Talab Mandir Temple – This is around 200 years old temple which is devoted to the Goddess Durga.
- Wonderland Theme Park – A theme park with rides, including a small roller coaster, plus water slides & a wave pool.
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh War Museum – War museum with information on historic battles, with a collection of weapons, armour & uniforms.
- Museum of Social History and Rural Life of Punjab – Museum showcasing the customs and traditional cultures of Punjab.
- Rose garden – One of the largest rose gardens in Asia, spreads over an area of 30 acres.
Ques: How is the flight connectivity for Punjab?
Ans: Punjab accommodates international as well as domestic airports. The list of the most prominent airports in Punjab are as below:
- Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Amritsar Airport (ATQ)
- Pathankot Airport (IXP)
- Ludhiana Airport (LUH)
- Bhatinda Airport (BUP)
Ques: How is the rail connectivity for Punjab?
Ans: There are 285 railway stations in Punjab and among which few are the significant stations which are connected with the major cities of the country. Here is the list of some famous railway stations of Punjab:
- Amritsar Junction railway station
- Atari railway station
- Beas Junction railway station
- Bhatinda Junction railway station
- Jalandhar city railway station
- Ludhiana Junction railway station
- Hoshiarpur railway station
Ques: What is the area of Punjab?
Ans: Punjab has a sprawling area of about 50,362 km square & it has a population of around 2.8 crores.
Ques: What are the suggested tours to visit Punjab?
Ques: What is the best time to visit Punjab?
Ans: Although you can travel to Punjab anytime in a year. However, the best time to visit Punjab is during the winter season. October to March is an ideal time to travel as the weather generally remains cool during these months.
Ques: How many rivers are there in Punjab?
Ans: Punjab is derived from two words Punj (Five) and Aab (Water) that is the land of five rivers. There are five rivers in Punjab namely Sutlej, Beas, Ravi, Chenab, and Jhelum.
Ques: What are the famous festivals of Punjab?
Ans: Punjab is a land of rich culture and traditions. There are a plethora of festivals celebrated here. Some of the popular festivals celebrated wonderfully in Punjab are:
- Baisakhi – Harvest Festival Of Punjab
- Lohri – Winter Harvest Festival
- Basant Panchmi – Marks The Onset Of Spring
- Holi – Festival of colours.
- Karwa Chauth – Celebrate The Marital Bond
- Tikka – Celebrating Sibling-hood
- Dussehra – Celebrate as a victory of Lord Rama over Ravana Or victory of good over evil
- Diwali – The festival of light & worshipping the goddess Laxmi.
- Gurupurab – Colorful Sikh Festival
Ques: Which are the widely spoken languages in Punjab?
Ans:Punjabi is the most widely spoken language of the Punjab state. Other major languages spoken here are Hindi & English.
Ques: What are the famous shopping places/markets in Punjab?
Ans: Punjab is famous for vibrant markets, colourful clothes, foot wears, handicrafts, pickles, bangles, woollen textiles, etc. There is no dearth of shopping products in this state. And, every region of the state has its own speciality. Some of the good local markets & places for shopping in Punjab are:
- Sector 22 Market in Chandigarh
- Sector 17 Market in Chandigarh
- Rainak Bazaar in Jalandhar
- Pavilion Mall in Ludhiana
- Shastri Market in Amritsar
- Hall Bazaar in Amritsar
- Guru Bazaar in Amritsar
Ques: What are the famous sweets & food in Punjab?
Ans: There are several dishes of Punjab which can get you to drool. The Punjabi cuisines are some of the best dishes which one should not miss during their tour. Some of the famous things to eat in Punjab are:
- Sarso Ka Saag with Makki Ki roti
- Desi ghee Halwa
- Desi ghee Jalebi
- Lassi or Buttermilk
- Paratha with butter
- Butter Chicken
- Tandoori Chicken
- Kadai Paneer
- Amritsari Kulcha
Ques: What are weather conditions in Punjab?
Ans:Punjab experiences extreme hot and extreme cold conditions. The region prevails near the foothills of Himalayas receive heavy rainfall whereas the region lying at a distance from the hills receives less rainfall Punjab experiences three seasons namely:
- Punjab in Summer (April – June)
- Punjab in Monsoon (July – September)
- Punjab in Winter (October – March)
Ques: How many Indian states share their boundaries with Punjab?
Ans:Punjab shares its border with 4 Indian states which include:
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Himachal Pradesh
Ques: Is there any country that shares its boundaries with Punjab?
Ans: Yes, that country is Pakistan which shares its border. Punjab touches Pakistani province of Punjab in the west.