The gurgling rivers of the Himalayas have always been intriguing people to undertake water activities and enjoy them at one of the best places they could in the entire country. While you visit Rishikesh, if you feel like getting involved in some adrenaline-rushing activity then river rafting is one thing that will give you immense pleasure.
To make it simpler and easier for you, we at Indian Holiday Pvt. Ltd. have crafted some amazing Rishikesh Rafting Packages. Not only do they cover your sport but a few more things as well.
To enjoy the sport, you can simply get to our website and choose the package that excites you the most. From a single rafting package to combos including other enthralling activities; there are a number of options available. While you make your decision on choosing a rafting tour package, here are certain things to keep in mind.
Best time for river rafting in Rishikesh
There are two seasons when river rafting is enjoyed in Rishikesh. One is between September and November, the other one is from February to June. During these months you will see a lot of people enjoying Rishikesh Shivpuri Rafting because that’s the most enthralling point to start your journey from.
Grade of Rapids you will find during River Rafting Rishikesh
Rishikesh offers Grade I to Grade V rapids through a stretch of 34 km (this is the entire rafting stretch in the city.) Every adventure junkie is well-aware of the fact that amongst all the things to do in Rishikesh, rafting tours are the best.
Different rafting stretches in Rishikesh
If you opt for any Rishikesh rafting packages from Delhi, Haridwar, Mumbai, or any other city in India, rest assured that you will have a blast. But to make a healthy choice, you should be aware of the stretches from between which you can raft. Listed below are the same:
- Kaudiyala To Rishikesh- 34 km (longest stretch in Rishikesh)
- Marine Drive To Rishikesh- 24 km (Second longest stretch in Rishikesh)
- Shivpuri To Rishikesh- 16 km
- Brahmapuri To Rishikesh- 9 km
Safety measures that have to be taken while river rafting
River rafting in Rishikesh is one of the prime activities to perform. But one needs to keep some safety measures in mind to enjoy rafting.
- Fitness is of utmost importance while undertaking river rafting in Rishikesh, so it is advised to take a complete body check-up before performing this activity.
- You should not consume alcohol or any kind of intoxicant before going for the sport.
- Do not forget to wear all the protective gear like a life jacket and helmet before going river rafting.
- Do not carry any valuable items on your rafting.
- Start early and complete your sport early. It is not advised to go rafting late in the noon or in the evening.
- Although you will see experts enjoying the sport throughout the year, it is still recommended that one should avoid taking the sport during the best time only.
Few things you should remember before going river rafting
There are different grades of river rafting and one should keep in mind the important things. It will keep you safe and help you enjoy river rafting in Rishikesh the most.
- Anything above Grade III is off-limits for you if you do not know swimming.
- Do not skip or neglect your instructor’s instructions and wear the helmet and life jacket without a miss.
- Keep some spare clothes that you can change into after the sport.