Srirangapatna is island town between Bangalore and Mysore and is encircled by Cauvery river. Name of town is derived from 1000 years old temple dedicated to Lord Sriranganatha. Srirangapatna is one of the most important Vaishnavite centers of pilgrimage in south India. Other tourist attractions in this city are Temple of Sri Ranganathaswamy, Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace, The Rangantittu Bird Sanctuary, Nimishambha temple, Temple of Lord Srinivasa and Sivasamudram Falls earlier known as the Cauvery Falls, it is the second biggest waterfall in India and the sixteenth largest in the world. IHPL offers tours to Srirangapatna for pilgrimage as well as for those who have interest in ancient architecture.
Srirangapatna Holiday Packages: Plan your Holiday in Srirangapatna
List of Srirangapatna Tour Packages
FAQs of Srirangapatna Tour Packages
Ques: Where is Srirangapatna Located?
Ans: Srirangapatna is located in Mandya district close to Mysore in Karnataka state (Province). It is surrounded by Cauvery (Kaveri) River. It is an important religious, cultural and historical place. The name Srirangapatna is derived from the famous temple Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple situated at this Place. Dariya Daulat Palace (Summer Palace) is set amidst the Daria Daulat bagh (Garden) built by Tippu Sultan (popularly known as “Tiger of Mysore). Outside the Srirangapatna fort is the Gumbaz where lies Tippu Sultan, Hyder Ali & Tippu sultan mother’s tomb. Tippu’s museum is situated on the top floor of Dariya Daulat displaying Tippu Sultan’s memorabilia like his Sword, Clothing, footwear etc etc.. Srirangapatna is 20kms from Mysuru (Mysore) and 125kms from Bengaluru (Bangalore).
Ques: How to Reach Srirangapatna?
Ans: You can reach Srirangapatna only by Road. The main city of stay is Mysuru which is 20kms far.
- Mysuru approx. 30kms / 1hrs
- Bengaluru approx 170kms / 4hrs
Nearest main Railway Station :
- Mysuru approx 20Kms / 1½hrs
Nearby Important tourist destinations
- Mysuru Approx 20Kms / 30-40min
- Bengaluru 125kms / 3hrs
- Hassan 110kms / 3hrs
Ques: How is the weather in Srirangapatna and Best time to visit Srirangapatna?
Ans: Srirangapatna is a year around tourist destination. During summers from March to June it will be very hot. The best time to visit Srirangapatna is from October to February.
Ques: Which are the places of visit or activities to enjoy near Srirangapatna?
Ans: The closest main city of stay is Mysuru.
- Balmuri Falls is located 13kms from Srirangapatna and a picnic spot. It is a man-made waterfall caused by check dam built across Cauvery River.
- Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary is located 4kms from Srirangapatna. This is the largest brid sanctuary in Karnataka State spread across 40acres of land. It compromises a small number of islets on the banks of Cauvery River. A permanent home for variety species of birds and plays a host for migratory birds during the migration season.
- Talakadu is located 60kms from Srirangapatna. This is located on the banks of river Cauvery. During season one can experience river rafting. Boating is one activity at this place depending on the current of the river. The famous five temples situated here are the Pathaleshwara, Maruleshwara, Arkeshwara, Vaidyanatheshwara and Mallikarjuna believed to represent five faces of Lord Shiva. A fair is held here once in 12years called as Panchalinga Darshana.
Places of visit in Mysuru
- Mysore Palace is an architectural beauty representing the Magnificence of the kings of the time. This is considered as the royal residence of the Wadiyar dynasty. The famous Dusshera procession also known as Vijayadashami the last day of Navaratri festival starts from Mysuru Palace.
- Chamundi hills is a must visit place during the stay in Mysore. Goddess Chamundeshwari temple is situated on top of this hill is the deity of Mysuru royal family. Legend has it that the Demon Mahishasura often troubled the devas (gods) meddling with divine powers and causing havoc in the universe. Goddess Parvathi assumed the form of Durga or Chamundi and killed Mahishasura. The most important festival celebrated is Navaratri during Dusshera festival time.
- St. Philomena's Cathedral is a Catholic church situated in the city of Mysore. This is one of largest church in India built in Neo-Gothic style.
- Shri Jayachamarajendra Art Gallery is a rich collection of ancient paintings and musical instruments.
- Mysuru Zoo is one of the main attraction in this city. Opened in the year 1892, it is spread over 157 acres of land. It is one of the oldest and most popular zoo in India and a home to wide range of animals.
- Brindavan Gardens & Krishnarajasagar Dam is located in Mandya district. Brindavan gardens is a botanical garden spread across 60acres of land. Krishnasagar dam in built across cauvery river adjoining Brindavan gardens.
Ques: Which are the popular packages to visit Srirangapatna?
Ans: The most popular packages are as follows:
- Bangalore Mysore Ooty Tour
- 5 Days Bangalore Mysore Ooty Tour Package
- Bangalore Nagarhole Tour
- 9 Days Bangalore Mysore Ooty Kodaikanal Tour Package
There are other customized packages to visit Srirangapatna connecting to nearby famous tourist destinations. Kindly contact us for further details.