Pahalgam is a beautiful hill station in Kashmir valley. Nestled at an elevation of 2740 m and at a distance of 95 kilometers from Srinagar, the place is abundant in dense forests, beautiful lakes, crystal clear streams and meadows of flowers. excursions from Pahalgam are as intriguing. There are meadows which has served as the magical shooting location of numerous Bollywood movies. There are many blessed sites around Pahalgam where adventure enthusiasts can go for trekking, trout fishing and white water rafting against the backdrop of the Himalayan ranges.
You can try out the relaxing stay in a cottage beside the river. It is a pleasant break from the boring and tiring routines of everyday life. Playing golf here is a picturesque sporting experience. Not only Pahalgam, there are many excursion sites to enjoy a game.
Here is List of Famous Places to visit near Pahalgam
Baisaran is a beautiful large meadow, a few kilometers form Pahalgam. The meadows are fringed by pine forests with snowcapped mountain peaks in the backdrop. The picturesque view of the Lidder River lends a charming appeal to the place. The virgin valley appears like a fresh emerald in summer and is ideal for photography sessions. Winters change the backdrop into a snow wonderland. The ever alluring beauty of this meadow is owed to the misty clouds. The vast area is perfect for picnics and fun times. The beautiful valley is a 5 km trek from Pahalgam. Only ponies and by foot can you arrive in the untouched heaven.
Tourist Attractions in Baisaran
The appeal of Baisaran is its natural bless. Green surroundings, snowcapped mountains in the backdrop and pure mountain air are attraction of the place. You do not have to go anywhere, just sit and relax in the pure environs. Camping is a popular adventure sport here. Trekkers to the picturesque Tulian Lake pitch their camps at Baisaran and rest before continuing their tough commute to the scenic lake. The Tulian Lake nestled at almost 4000 m is a mesmerizing high altitude lake snuggled against the backdrop of snowcapped mountain peaks of Pir Panjal.
The Kashmir Tourism Department has taken initiatives to develop the area. Here various activities are provided. Zorbing, being rolled in a giant plastic ball is an adventure few brave souls can actually stomach.
Best time to visit
The weather of the place remains pleasant in every season. Pleasant and mild climate is experienced here throughout the months of April to June. Those wishing to see snowfall can visit this place between the months of November and February. The months of July and August witness thousands of pilgrims making their way across the valley to Amarnath. However, the duration from mid-April to mid-November is considered to be best for visiting Baisaran.
How to Reach Baisaran
- By Flight: Srinagar international airport the closest international airport. Pahalgam is 96 km from Srinagar airport. Taxis are easily available from the airport to the hill station. From Pahalgam, Baisaran is 5 km away. The road to the meadow is quite steep. Ponies and horses make the commute. Trekking is a pleasant way to reach.
- By Train: Udhampur Railway station is the nearest train connection. The railhead is at a distance of 220 km. From the railway station, taxis, state owned buses and coaches travel on the route.
- By Road: Baisaran does not have navigable roads. The steep roads cannot be traveled by any vehicle. Ponies and on foot are the only two options. Srinagar is 96 km from Pahalgam. State bus services are available from Anantang, Jammu and Srinagar. Private taxis also available for the commute. Transport service is restricted on the route during Amarnath yatra. Special yatra coaches are made available from Jammu and Srinagar for the convenience of the yatris.
Chatpal is one of the unexplored paradise Kashmir is blessed with. Located in South Kashmir, in the Shangus district, this is a perfect dream location. Endowed with lush green forests, lofty mountains, melodious springs bustling with milky white water gushing down the mountainous terrain and serene ambiance a blissful change from chaos of cities. The skies are shaded in clear blues which in evenings are washed by fiery red of the sun. The beautiful environs can only be justified by saying it’s a fairytale vacation in the lap of Himalayas.
Tourist Attractions in Chatpal
The true definition of ‘untouched natural beauty’ remains unclear until you step in the land of Chatpal. There are no prominent tourist attractions but it provides peace, serenity and untouched natural and God gifted beauty. The breathtaking locale is a perfect getaway to spend some memorable time in the lap of Himalayan. Simply breathe the pure mountain air and forget all worries of your city life.
One can go trekking around the woods of Chatpal or simply spend the evening with the friendly local people. The apple and walnut trees are a pleasant sight. Devoid of electricity, here one can savor the silence of having a candle light dinner and snuggling up in cozy blankets.
Best time to visit
Chatpal is a remote undeveloped location. The weather of the place is blissful mountain in every season. Pleasant and mild climate is experienced here throughout the months of April to June. Those wishing to see snowfall can visit this place between the months of November and February. Rent out the government bungalow any time you visit. There are not much accommodations available and the weather is unbearable most of the times.
How to Reach
- By Flight: Srinagar Airport is the international and domestic air connection near Chatpal. 90 km away, the airport offers flight connections from all over India. The village is only accessible by road. To reach the offbeat location, tourists should take the Anantnag-Chitergul road, then a local jeep to Achabal and then a private jeep can be hired for further travelling to Chatpal. From the airport it is a 3 hour travel.
- By Train: Jammu Tawi Railway station is the train connection near Chatpal. The distance is around 330 km. to reach Chatpal, travel via the Anantnag-Chitergul road. Further a local jeep takes you to Achabal. A private jeep can be hired for further travelling in the serene village.
- By Road: Chatpal is easily accessible by road. Tourists should take the Anantnag-Chitergul road; further a local jeep takes you to Achabal. A private jeep can be hired for further travelling. The duration of the journey is one hour approximately.