Rudrapur is the headquarters of the Udham Singh Nagar district in Uttarakhand, India. Referred popularly as the Gateway to Kumaon Hills. Udham Singh Nagar has been divided into three major subdivisions - Rudrapur, Kashipur, and Khatima. The prosperous town of Rudrapur is an exciting place to visit, and a tour of Rudrapur must feature on your trip to Uttarakhand.
Some historians believe that hundreds of years ago, Rudrapur village was established by a devotee of Lord Rudra or by a Hindu tribal chief called Rudra. Folklore has it that when Rudra was passing through the marshy land where Rudrapur stands now, his chariot got stuck into the mud, so he decided to build a temple and well at the site. The Atariya Temple, the most important place to visit on tour to Rudrapur, is the temple that he built.
A Rudrapur tour will introduce you to the prosperous district that boasts of many industries and is also blessed with very fertile land. Agriculture is the main occupation of the people here.
Places to Visit on Tour to Rudrapur
- Atariya Temple -Located at a distance of about 2km from the bus stand and half a kilometer from the Rudrapur-Haldwani motor route, the famous Atariya Temple is a sacred temple visited by several tourists. A 10-day fair held every year during the Navratras occasion is one of the main attractions of the temple. During this fair, thousands of devotees throng the temple to seek Goddess Atariya’s blessings.
- Chaiti Devi Temple-One of the revered temples in the historical town of Kashipur, Chaiti Devi Temple is about 2.5 km from the Kashipur bus stand, and this sacred shrine is a must-visit destination on Tour to Rudrapur.
- Giri Sarovar -This picturesque lake lies about 2 km from the Kashipur bus stand on the Kashipur - Ramnagar route. The site marks a well-known picnic spot.
How to Reach Rudrapur
- By Air -The nearest airport is at Pant Nagar, about 11 km away.
- By Rail - Rudrapur is well-connected by a direct broad-gauge railway line to Delhi, Lucknow, and Kolkata.
- By Road- Rudrapur is connected by decent roads with important towns & cities of Uttarakhand.
Choose our well-crafted tour packages if you are looking for a smooth travel experience on your Rudrapur holiday. We provide meals, transfers, accommodations, and sightseeing in our tour packages and customization to give you great comfort throughout the vacation.