The Ridge is an open ground, atop a hill, bustled with many tourist activities like, horse-riding, shopping, photography, eating and the most favorite; savoring the sight The Ridge offers. The Ridge can be at times mistaken as a landscape of a foreign country, mainly because of the British architecture and the lady in the limelight, Christ Church. Christ Church is inspired from Neo-Gothic style of architecture and was built in 1857. This sacred church stands on the ridge and adds a spark to the panorama.
Shimla’s Ridge is always colored with life, but as The Summer Festival knocks in, the city and The Ridge gets more lively and enthusiastic. It also gives an access route to the Popular Jakhoo Temple, Scandal Point, Lakkar Bazaar and a lot of other major attractions of Shimla. The Ridge does not only entertain the travelers but it also holds great purpose and significance for its local. It has a water reservoir which serves the whole city. This little piece of heaven also has some amazing statues of Mahatma Gandhi, Dr. Ys Parmar, Indira Gandhi and the first CM of Himachal Pradesh.
What to do in The Ridge
- Shop in the vastness of the area: The whole area is packed with shops, offering you everything from needle to swords.
- Horse riding in the ridge: These horses are beautiful and well-trained.
- Visit the Christ Church: This Elizabethan styled architectural brilliance is the highlight of Shimla.
- Eat! Yes! The restaurants and dhabas in and around The Ridge, not only have amazing view and lip smacking food, but the price too is really affordable.
- Adventure sports in The Ridge: Snow adventure, trekking and a lot of other adventure sports can be performed here.