Thalassery is a small town on the Malabar Coast of Kerala in southern India. Also known as Tellicherry, Thalassery is situated in the district of Kannur. The land of Thalassery is beautified with four rivers, hills and a long coast line. Come on a Thalassery Tour, and you will have a memorable experience exploring this ancient town.
Tourist Attractions in Thalassery
Following are some of the famous tourist attractions in Thalassery, which you can explore while on a Thalassery Tour-
- Thalassery Fort: This imposing fort was built by the British East India Company in 1708 AD, as a memorial of their colonial imperialism. This historical monument, with its huge walls, secret tunnels to the sea and delicately carved massive doors, is a magnificent structure worth a visit.
- Muzhappilangad Beach: One of the exotic destinations in Thalassery, this pristine beach sprawling over 5 km is located within 10 km from the city centre.
- Aralam Wildlife Sanctuary: Situated 45 km from Thalassery, this wildlife sanctuary houses all species of the primates in Kerala. You can enjoy trekking, wildlife viewing, bird-watching and photography here.
How to reach Thalassery
You can come on a Thalassery Tour, using the following means of transport -
- By air: The nearest airport is the Calicut International Airport, also known as Karipur Airport, about 93 km south.
- By rail: The prime railway station is the Thalassery railway station. However, it is from Kannur railway station you can link to major towns of Kerala as well as of the country.
- By road: Well-connected by a vast network of roads, Thalassery is easily accessible from Kozhikode (Calicut) which is 67 km away.